Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ botham - do I take it that your terms of contract were not varied in any way, as a result of current extreme circumstances ?

Will your travel insurance policy offer any comfort as regards the “refund situation” ?

Hope it all works out.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Probably somewhere around the 2nd week or early 3rd week of April. We would see if flight restrictions for most countries would continue or not. Most countries have closed or restricted border entries until 17 April or 30 April, so I assume that BA won't cancel flights far in advance before governments publish something.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:58 am

I had the same e mail for a flight to Marrakesh in mid May from Gatwick
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I received an email from BA yesterday giving the option of requesting an e-voucher for a trip 6th May, so it seems that the cancellation may be coming soon. Seems fair to assume that BA are trying the e-voucher option first. The email is tailored, includes my booking reference and states that it's about a trip to London. (actually it's NCL LHR MIA return). I don't want another e-voucher, just the cash back. I'll wait.
I got this too for a flight in Mid May (LHR-PHL) - i just assumed this meant that my flight cancellation is coming soon.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MiraculousM
I got this too for a flight in Mid May (LHR-PHL) - i just assumed this meant that my flight cancellation is coming soon.
I wouldn’t assume as much. I don’t think at this point BA knows what it will fly in May. I think it assumes it will cancel most of its schedule but maybe less than it does in April. Given that, I think it is trying to get as many people to grab vouchers as possible now to avoid refunds later. My hunch is that the people booked on the 8:25am LHR-JFK flight in May received these as well even though that flight is currently scheduled to run every day in April.

Whether PHL specifically runs is both a question of demand as well as whether the extension of both the foreigner ban (which influences demand) as well as the arrival screening requirements is extended. Currently, PHL cannot receive any international flights as it is not one of the dedicated screening points. I personally doubt that will be extended as far as May given Trump’s desire to open the country ASAP. And even large international hubs like IAH aren’t dedicated screening points so it is a disruptive point.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
@ botham - do I take it that your terms of contract were not varied in any way, as a result of current extreme circumstances ?

Will your travel insurance policy offer any comfort as regards the “refund situation” ?

Hope it all works out.
I’m not worried about getting the money back and yes my insurance will cover us as I have an annual policy which I took out before all this mess came about. To be honest I haven’t read the terms of the contract but again I booked it well before the CV was known about.
subject2load likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by KEJABEDSM
I wouldn’t assume as much. I don’t think at this point BA knows what it will fly in May. I think it assumes it will cancel most of its schedule but maybe less than it does in April. Given that, I think it is trying to get as many people to grab vouchers as possible now to avoid refunds later. My hunch is that the people booked on the 8:25am LHR-JFK flight in May received these as well even though that flight is currently scheduled to run every day in April.

Whether PHL specifically runs is both a question of demand as well as whether the extension of both the foreigner ban (which influences demand) as well as the arrival screening requirements is extended. Currently, PHL cannot receive any international flights as it is not one of the dedicated screening points. I personally doubt that will be extended as far as May given Trump’s desire to open the country ASAP. And even large international hubs like IAH aren’t dedicated screening points so it is a disruptive point.
By the way, PHL, IAH, and many other USA airports could not receive international flights only from China, Iran, EU, UK, and some others. For example, they could receive flights from other countries. United operates Houston - Sao Paulo flights at the moment.

But yes, BA might not operate it's full schedule to the USA in May 2020, even though the restrictions are lifted.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:05 am

They are trying to push me into taking vouchers for my Nice trip on May 8th, which was for a stag do to the classic Grand Prix which is now cancelled, but the flight has not yet been cancelled.

I’m then meant to be taking my girlfriend to Ljubljana for her birthday (and for a T3 lounge crawl at a nice time of day) on the last weekend of May, which they have not sent the voucher email for, so really hoping this might be the first of my future travels to happen.

Then our main summer holiday is the last week of June, to Croatia, which I’ve not had any comms about.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I received an email from BA yesterday giving the option of requesting an e-voucher for a trip 6th May, so it seems that the cancellation may be coming soon. Seems fair to assume that BA are trying the e-voucher option first. The email is tailored, includes my booking reference and states that it's about a trip to London. (actually it's NCL LHR MIA return). I don't want another e-voucher, just the cash back. I'll wait.
Same here for to/from Barcelona in the first week of May. The app is still prompting me to pay for an upgrade, as well as still telling me it will depart from T3.

I would also prefer cash to a voucher so will wait and see.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
By the way, PHL, IAH, and many other USA airports could not receive international flights only from China, Iran, EU, UK, and some others. For example, they could receive flights from other countries. United operates Houston - Sao Paulo flights at the moment.

But yes, BA might not operate it's full schedule to the USA in May 2020, even though the restrictions are lifted.
Yes, that is correct. Forgot about that point.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Joshm300

I’m then meant to be taking my girlfriend to Ljubljana for her birthday (and for a T3 lounge crawl at a nice time of day) on the last weekend of May, which they have not sent the voucher email for, so really hoping this might be the first of my future travels to happen.

Great if it all goes to plan - although if I were a betting man, I would say you might soon need to think about a date for postponing.

Had BA flights due over this past w/end - but were cancelled (and promptly refunded, in cash).

Looking ahead .... have already mentally written off all my own booked flights for May ...... and am pretty much resigned to losing June, as a travel month, too.

Long way still to go, IMHO.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:38 am

We also had the email yesterday for a flight 6th May which I am hoping will be cancelled. Just a case of wait and see!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:53 am

Got an odd one in my booking just now for my May trip. Luxembourg to Edinburgh via London. The booking, on the app, now shows two confirmed flights for the LHR>EDI leg, one leaving at 1140 and one leaving at 1310!

The original flight as well, from LUX to LHR, has been changed and is confirmed as one leaving an hour earlier, a different flight number altogether.

Can I try to get a refund by contesting these changes? All of it was changed without any notice...
Old Mar 31, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
We also got the email offering vouchers for flights on 2 May BHD-LHR-IAD.

We are booked on the early departure on the B747 which seems very unlikely to happen - not that I actually want to visit the USA in the wake of the explosion of covid-19 cases recently.

Given the mid-end April IAD schedule at present is single daily on the later A350 rotation, I’m assuming that some time soon we will either be cancelled or shifted to the A350 (which entitles us to a refund anyway?).
Old Mar 31, 2020, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
Got an odd one in my booking just now for my May trip. Luxembourg to Edinburgh via London. The booking, on the app, now shows two confirmed flights for the LHR>EDI leg, one leaving at 1140 and one leaving at 1310!

The original flight as well, from LUX to LHR, has been changed and is confirmed as one leaving an hour earlier, a different flight number altogether.

Can I try to get a refund by contesting these changes? All of it was changed without any notice...
The answer from BA was no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.