Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Sprodo
JFK schedule has changed in May. Looks like BA173 Has gone
BA173 has gone. Only BA113/114 is scheduled to operate.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
x4 weekly Istanbul is also gone for May.
These flights are scheduled to resume on June 1.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Exec
I understand the majority of BA cabin crew are furloughed through May 31st so I imagine there won’t be many scheduled flights in May.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 12:06 am

Singapore is gone now, resuming June 1 (June 2 ex-SIN) . Our "circuit breaker" got extended until then, so makes sense. Although I suspect there will be further cuts as Singapore borders/transit are still closed, expats can't leave as we can't come back in. They have been operating some cargo flights though and SQ seem to be continuing their 3x weekly service for anyone with an urgent need to travel/ still needing to leave Singapore
Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
BA 5/6 in May has been canned on a few dates (the 2 bank holidays).

Of course, this happened while I was trying to get a refund for other flights so it's impossible to get through to the refund line.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, LH M&M
Just had an email regarding BA57 LHR to JNB on May 10th. It's now cancelled. We can now start the process of getting a refund for our trip which was ABZ-LHR-JNB return.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: BA. Aeroplan
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well, she perhaps could have worded it a bit better, but in essence she is correct and if you have a look at the main Rebooking thread you will find this explained in more detail. The short version is that the "change fee" got you from one cabin to the next, so in all cancellation circumstances it would not have been refunded. Otherwise there would be very little point in BA selling non-flexible tickets. For example what if you had made a date change - that clearly would not be refundable, particularly if it was to move to a date which was in the end cancelled.
Thank you for this. I think I would make a couple of observations - 1. The upgrade was a BA promotion on the Manage My Booking - a bit different (I think to a date change). Promoting something where they potentially retain nearly 50% is a bit grim. 2. BA contract conditions says:-"4b4) If you do not use your ticket, you will be entitled to claim a refund of any taxes, fees and charges which you paid, less a reasonable service charge."

I am still confused - await to see what happens.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by laktex
Thank you for this. I think I would make a couple of observations - 1. The upgrade was a BA promotion on the Manage My Booking - a bit different (I think to a date change). Promoting something where they potentially retain nearly 50% is a bit grim. 2. BA contract conditions says:-"4b4) If you do not use your ticket, you will be entitled to claim a refund of any taxes, fees and charges which you paid, less a reasonable service charge."

If it was a Limited Time Offer (a Proactive Upgrade, or POUG, in other words) then you should have got a full refund of that, so that would be worth pursuing. There are occasional reports of agents seeing the Change Fee rather than the POUG, and that's just a mistake on their part. Sometimes people uograde using MMB and it's not actually a POUG, and we occasionally see reports on the POUG thread of fares which aren't actually POUGs, they are fare differences. But in the absence of POUG, a change fee is a legitimate charge for amending a ticket in some way, whether by date, class, route, and it's not normally recovered when a flight is cancelled. So for your second point, the charges they are referring to are the ones shown in "TFC" in the original e-ticket email, a change fee is something you volunteered to do in order to amend an inflexible ticket, and won't be recoverable.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by DocWatson
BA 5/6 in May has been canned on a few dates (the 2 bank holidays).

Of course, this happened while I was trying to get a refund for other flights so it's impossible to get through to the refund line.
It's worth trying to call at 8am. I've called exactly then a couple of times (0800 727 800 / +44 (0)203 250 0145 - 2,2,2) and got through immediately
Old Apr 22, 2020, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Dan1113
I see that British Airways is starting with its GRU flight, one daily, again as of early May. How is this feasible? Brazil's entry ban on all non-Brazilians is still in en force and Brazil has arranged quite a few repatriation flights and there were a few commercial ones to get pretty much everyone back (plus via FRA with LH too). The UK would hardly be an exciting tourism destination for Brazilians just now and no Europeans would be able to get in Brazil. What am I missing here?
I was equally puzzled, as I have a GRU-LHR Avios flight booked for May 12th. I got the cancellation email this morning and I see the resumption of flights to GRU has been postponed to May 16th. Even that feels optimistic.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 3:56 am

Stockholm seems to have been canceled totally, I just got an email. I did need to be up there, very frustrating.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by sammyg901
It's worth trying to call at 8am.
I started at 7.50am and repeatedly redialled, finally got answered at 9.10am. Some days are better than other I guess, unknowingly I called when a batch of cancellations went through.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:07 am

Programs: BA. Aeroplan
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If it was a Limited Time Offer (a Proactive Upgrade, or POUG, in other words) then you should have got a full refund of that, so that would be worth pursuing. There are occasional reports of agents seeing the Change Fee rather than the POUG, and that's just a mistake on their part. Sometimes people uograde using MMB and it's not actually a POUG, and we occasionally see reports on the POUG thread of fares which aren't actually POUGs, they are fare differences. But in the absence of POUG, a change fee is a legitimate charge for amending a ticket in some way, whether by date, class, route, and it's not normally recovered when a flight is cancelled. So for your second point, the charges they are referring to are the ones shown in "TFC" in the original e-ticket email, a change fee is something you volunteered to do in order to amend an inflexible ticket, and won't be recoverable.
Thank you for this - pretty confident I fall into the POUG category - so I wait and see. Thanks for this information.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by James91
Stockholm seems to have been canceled totally, I just got an email. I did need to be up there, very frustrating.
Do LH/LX?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Originally Posted by LondonElite
How did you make that blue emoji?

Was forwarded to me & I did a copy & paste.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.