Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Old Apr 20, 20, 2:09 am

Just received two longhaul cancellations for May, after the initial wave last week.

Only one (non-BA!) reservation in May to resolve
Old Apr 20, 20, 3:02 am

Programs: BA. Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Skysea View Post
I am waiting for the email from BA also. I am trusting I will receive a refund.
Our flight to YVR May 12th just cancelled this morning. Tried to rebook on line for December but it would not allow me to do so - therefore have to be a refund.

Will keep on trying to get through on the telephone!!
Old Apr 20, 20, 3:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by laktex View Post
Our flight to YVR May 12th just cancelled this morning. Tried to rebook on line for December but it would not allow me to do so - therefore have to be a refund.

Will keep on trying to get through on the telephone!!
If you can find the same fare bucket in December then the agent should be able to rebook you (depending on various specific details) but a cash refund is clearly more flexible. A lot depends on how sure you are about December and your estimation of what fares will look like if you recycle the cash refund.
Old Apr 20, 20, 3:17 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
It looks like my booked flight for 7th May is one of the still operating JFK flights. Assuming US borders are still shut, but if the flight operates what happens and at what point? Do BA cancel pax proactively close to check in opening?
Old Apr 20, 20, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Sprodo View Post
It looks like my booked flight for 7th May is one of the still operating JFK flights. Assuming US borders are still shut, but if the flight operates what happens and at what point? Do BA cancel pax proactively close to check in opening?
BA would operate BA173/112 and BA113/114 in May. If you are booked on these flights, you would not get a cancelation notice as they would operate.

If your flight operates and you are ineligible to board due to government restrictions ( USA border restrictions ) and in this case, BA does not have control so the only option would be to get a voucher, do a date change ( change fee waived, fare difference applies ) or cancel according to the fare rules.

If you don't show up and do not take any action for an operating flight, you would be considered as no-show.
Sprodo likes this.
Old Apr 20, 20, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
If you can find the same fare bucket in December then the agent should be able to rebook you (depending on various specific details) but a cash refund is clearly more flexible. A lot depends on how sure you are about December and your estimation of what fares will look like if you recycle the cash refund.
Apologies if this has already been explained, but why wouldn’t MMB offer you the choice to rebook on the same BA flight in the future? I’m waiting for a cancellation on EZE-LHR due to depart May 17th and was hoping to be able to rebook the flight in June using MMB without having to call BA - has this function been turned off ?

(It’s a simple cash booking direct with BA)

Last edited by Bar Operator; Apr 20, 20 at 3:37 am
Old Apr 20, 20, 3:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Bar Operator View Post
Apologies if this has already been explained, but why wouldn’t MMB offer you the choice to rebook on the same BA flight in the future? I’m waiting for a cancellation on EZE-LHR due to depart May 17th and was hoping to be able to rebook the flight in June using MMB without having to call BA - has this function been turned off ?

(It’s a simple cash booking direct with BA)
It often does in my case, but one of the learnings of life on Flyertalk is discovering just how complicated many of the bookings are on here, and just how often people amend their bookings. Consequently many bookings discussed here seem to be outside Self Serve and need manual completion.
Bar Operator likes this.
Old Apr 20, 20, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
It often does in my case, but one of the learnings of life on Flyertalk is discovering just how complicated many of the bookings are on here, and just how often people amend their bookings. Consequently many bookings discussed here seem to be outside Self Serve and need manual completion.
Ok many thanks. Its a very simple round-trip booking made on Ba.com and completely untouched, so hoping to be able to self-serve !
Old Apr 20, 20, 9:25 am

Programs: JE SUIS EXTRAORDINAIRE
What I don't understand is Ba is selling BA107 on 1st may 20,
while the NOTAM states:

A0920/20 NOTAMR A0858/20
Q) OMAE/QXXXX/IV/NBO/AE/000/999/2500N05430E200
A) OMAE B) 2004161550 C) 2005062359 EST
E) COVID-19: FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS
ALL INTL FLIGHTS FROM/TO AIRPORTS IN UNITED ARAB
EMIRATES (UAE) OMAE ARE SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19 INFECTION
PREVENTION. THIS RESTRICTION DOES NOT AFFECT THE FOLLOWING FLIGHTS:
1. ACFT IN STATE OF EMERGENCY AS PER INTL STANDARDS.
2. UAE REGISTERED AIRCRAFT RETURNING TO UAE CARRYING ONLY UAE
NATIONALS AND OPERATOR'S CREW-MEMBERS.
3. EVACUATION, MEDEVAC, FERRY, CARGO FLIGHTS AND TECHNICAL LANDINGS
PROVIDED THEY COMPLY WITH THE LATEST ISSUE OF SAFETY DECISION
2020-01.
4. DOMESTIC FLIGHTS AND OVER FLIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED.

Q AND A GUIDANCE
FOR FOREIGN OPERATORSMAIL FOA(A)GCAA.GOV.AE
FOR UAE AIR OPERATORS:CONSULT YOUR PRINCIPAL INSPECTOR.

Which states all uae airports closed until 6th may 20 , 23:59 hours.
Why is Ba still selling tkts for this route?
Old Apr 20, 20, 12:00 pm

I see that British Airways is starting with its GRU flight, one daily, again as of early May. How is this feasible? Brazil's entry ban on all non-Brazilians is still in en force and Brazil has arranged quite a few repatriation flights and there were a few commercial ones to get pretty much everyone back (plus via FRA with LH too). The UK would hardly be an exciting tourism destination for Brazilians just now and no Europeans would be able to get in Brazil. What am I missing here?
Old Apr 20, 20, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Dan1113 View Post
I see that British Airways is starting with its GRU flight, one daily, again as of early May. How is this feasible? Brazil's entry ban on all non-Brazilians is still in en force and Brazil has arranged quite a few repatriation flights and there were a few commercial ones to get pretty much everyone back (plus via FRA with LH too). The UK would hardly be an exciting tourism destination for Brazilians just now and no Europeans would be able to get in Brazil. What am I missing here?
Probably, they kept the route for cargo. As the aircraft in passenger configuration would fly, only passengers eligible to enter Brazil would be permitted onboard.
Old Apr 20, 20, 12:06 pm

Now I see that BA is also starting with flights to Tel Aviv again in May as well, where another very strict (even stricter) travel ban is in place. I imagine there will be other similar examples. How are these flights feasible?
Old Apr 20, 20, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Dan1113 View Post
Now I see that BA is also starting with flights to Tel Aviv again in May as well, where another very strict (even stricter) travel ban is in place. I imagine there will be other similar examples. How are these flights feasible?
You’ve been given the answer above. You may not like or agree with the answer, but it doesn’t stop it being the answer.

They will be carrying any customers who want to travel and are not subject to entry restrictions. Don’t forget that in most countries government traffic is fully exempt from all restrictions (and BA carries large volumes of it), as in many cases are nationals of that country.

And cargo operations continue as normal. Well actually, at significantly better fares than normal. Such that some flights are running with cargo and no passengers.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 20, 20, 8:59 pm

I have an existing booking in BA F from KUL - LHR on Wed 27 May. I noticed that that flight is no longer available for sale in any class of service, but BA Manage My Booking still shows the flight is confirmed. On Twitter, BA agent acknowledged that he/she cannot find the flight on sale anymore but said that he/she did not receive any information about the flight being cancelled. I was advised that I would receive an e-mail if the flight were to be cancelled and to keep an eye for it. However, I don't necessarily want to wait until the last minute when there may be no alternative flight available. Can I insist they accommodate me on another airline (hopefully in F, though unlikely) or will they move me to a BA-operated flight in June (during which BA appears to be operating that flight)? Besides there being a small number of flights operating, some itineraries require stops in airports that are refusing transit passengers. Thanks for your advice.
Old Apr 21, 20, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by simpletastes View Post
However, I don't necessarily want to wait until the last minute when there may be no alternative flight available..
That's not a realistic problem at the moment! You are, without a shadow of a doubt, best to wait until the last moment for any cancellations, since that gives you vastly more flexibility, and at the moment any alternative services are wide open. Even Avios availability to South Africa is across the board right now. But the agent is right, there isn't much point contacting BA since you will find out about cancellations at precisely the same time as the agents will find out (in fact slightly faster). At the moment you can go for the eVoucher option if you wish (I wouldn't recommend that until much nearer departure), but if BA are going to cancel that service, they would typically do so around 3 weeks to departure. At which point the Standard Customer Guideliness kick in, and you will be able to move. BA only tend to allow moves to other airlines if you are travelling within in the next day or two and there is no realistic BA alternative, the exception being BA marketed services on alternative airlines, which for example may include Qatar.

Search this Thread