Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Old Apr 18, 20, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by northeastflyer View Post
Maybe post 279 above will help
Hi, thanks I gather itís not operating. Just waiting for the email to rebook to depart in June (hopefully).
Old Apr 18, 20, 4:48 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
Iím awaiting cancellation of ICN on 20/05

Still stubbornly showing as operating in MMB.
Old Apr 18, 20, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysonBA663 View Post
Iím awaiting cancellation of ICN on 20/05

Still stubbornly showing as operating in MMB.
It's not selling seats and not in the list in post 279 above so looks likely you'll get a text/email soon.
Old Apr 18, 20, 2:56 pm

Same situation to YVR on 20/05.

Customer services wouldnít let me cancel (even though they agreed it would be cancelled!) for free so Iíll just have to waste the time again when it is actually cancelled.

Flights havenít been on sale for at-least 5 days.
Old Apr 18, 20, 6:36 pm

Vancouver - London 5th May

I am waiting for the email from BA also. I am trusting I will receive a refund.
Old Apr 18, 20, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Bar Operator View Post
Has anyone had a flight cancelled around mid to late May ? Waiting for a cancellation notice email on EZE - LHR for May 17th (flight has been closed for sale for a while and does not appear to be operating in May).
BA806 LHR - BLL on 23 May was cancelled by BA, as was the return flight on 25 May. Got refunded in full.
Old Apr 19, 20, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Bar Operator View Post
Has anyone had a flight cancelled around mid to late May ? Waiting for a cancellation notice email on EZE - LHR for May 17th (flight has been closed for sale for a while and does not appear to be operating in May).
Awaiting notification of cancellation for LHR-AMM on 16th May. Hasn't been on sale for a while and isn't on the list of flights in Post 279, but still appearing in MMB.
Old Apr 19, 20, 6:21 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by machotspur View Post
Awaiting notification of cancellation for LHR-AMM on 16th May. Hasn't been on sale for a while and isn't on the list of flights in Post 279, but still appearing in MMB.
FWIW, although RJ still announces a planned resumption of flight operations on 27-April, both press reports and some embassy websites point out that the "Government of Jordan announced on April 4 that borders and airports will remain closed until after Ramadan, which is expected to conclude around May 23."
Old Apr 19, 20, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by checkerboard View Post
FWIW, although RJ still announces a planned resumption of flight operations on 27-April, both press reports and some embassy websites point out that the "Government of Jordan announced on April 4 that borders and airports will remain closed until after Ramadan, which is expected to conclude around May 23."
Yes - thank you for that. The most prominent website stating this is the US Embassy website, although I don't seem to be able to find anything on a Jordan Govt. website. Wait & see I guess.
Old Apr 19, 20, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Skysea View Post
I am waiting for the email from BA also. I am trusting I will receive a refund.
Most likely, you would receive the cancellation e-mail today or tomorrow.
Old Apr 19, 20, 8:17 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by machotspur View Post
Yes - thank you for that. The most prominent website stating this is the US Embassy website, although I don't seem to be able to find anything on a Jordan Govt. website. Wait & see I guess.
Health Minister (in the press): https://en.royanews.tv/news/20578/He...-after-Ramadan

But until BA cancels the flight, it's all academic anyway....
Old Apr 19, 20, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Wondering if the governments furlough extension through June will mean will also extend staff furlough for this month and continue with similar schedule in June to what’s being flown in May.
Old Apr 19, 20, 12:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, Bamboo First, AF Elite+, AV Diamond, A3 G
Originally Posted by kingcole974 View Post
Wondering if the governments furlough extension through June will mean will also extend staff furlough for this month and continue with similar schedule in June to whatís being flown in May.
I would imagine so.

MH pretty much cancelled may and june flights with flying restarting in July
Old Apr 19, 20, 6:04 pm

We are on the same flight. When you receive your email would you kindly let me know.

Originally Posted by Cowichan2020 View Post
Same situation to YVR on 20/05.

Customer services wouldnít let me cancel (even though they agreed it would be cancelled!) for free so Iíll just have to waste the time again when it is actually cancelled.

Flights havenít been on sale for at-least 5 days.
Old Apr 20, 20, 12:34 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by wb1969 View Post
Iím not a pilot but I imagine the 777 & 787 have a lot of cockpit commonality, as do the A350 & A380, so BA probably considered which combination would work best for them. Cant imagine there is high enough demand on any route to fill an A380, so it makes sense to go with Boeing.
Nothing to do with flight deck commonality, purely about capacity at this stage. The A350 has a higher capacity than 777/787 and therefore not needed as yet. In addition, from a cabin crew perspective, easier to manage as 777/787 counts as one licence and therefore can move cabin crew if required. The A350 would add complexity that isn't needed at this time. There is still likely to be some cargo only flights on the A350 but limited based on where BA has approval to operate that aircraft type.

Search this Thread