Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2020, 5:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ringingup
Just received two cancellation emails for my flights to and from MIA. The MIA-LHR was the outbound of a companion voucher booking which may have expired already or about to expire. I wonder if they'll extend it.
Your companion voucher may already have been extended by 6 months. Have a look in your my evouchers area - either click on "more voucher information" under the "My eVouchers" summary on your baec homepage or go in to "manage my account" then "My eVouchers".
Old Apr 17, 2020, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
Just received two cancellation emails for my flights to and from MIA. The MIA-LHR was the outbound of a companion voucher booking which may have expired already or about to expire. I wonder if they'll extend it.
I just refunded a companion voucher booking for May (the voucher expired in May) and it came back to my account with a 6 month extension.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 5:37 am

Just had cancellation emails for us @nd my daughter, just need to phone now to get the refunds.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It would probably help if you mentioned the route! I'm guessing it's Bridgetown, Barbados. As I see it BA are currently scheduling for 1 June 2020 onwards to resume in full. In the final week of May there are currently 3 flights, non daily at the end of May: Friday 22 May, Wednesday 27 May, Friday 29 May. This was on the basis of 2 flights at week, after LGW reopens on 22 May, going to Barbados for cargo and repatriation purposes. The two flights a week service was planned just before LGW BA hub was closed until 21 May. But the quarantine, lockdown and curfew rules has made it pretty much impossible for longhaul airlines to operate to BGI, so I'd say 22 May is at risk of cancellation and the rest of the service may well see cancellations.
I have a 241 in F booked LGW - BGI 2nd june return BGI-LGW 9 June..being hopeful but assuming it will get cancelled...is it likely flights to St Lucia could resume around those dates?

I am also relying on BA flying RUH-LHR 21 May and returning LHR-RUH 13 June (booked Avios + Cash). However seems this might be cancelled as all avios availability has disappeared until 2nd June.

Is there an easy way to check BA flight schedule/cancellation.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 7:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by aswat300
I have a 241 in F booked LGW - BGI 2nd june return BGI-LGW 9 June..being hopeful but assuming it will get cancelled...is it likely flights to St Lucia could resume around those dates?

I am also relying on BA flying RUH-LHR 21 May and returning LHR-RUH 13 June (booked Avios + Cash). However seems this might be cancelled as all avios availability has disappeared until 2nd June.

Is there an easy way to check BA flight schedule/cancellation.
A lot of this is crystal ball stuff really. One side is the UK's policy on restricting the spread of Covid-19, and the other side is whatever Barbados, Saint Lucia or KSA has as their polcy. What we know is that for England (specifically) the Secretary of State has invoked section 3 of The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020, which means the next review of restrictions has to take place no later than 7 May 2020. The Secretary of State can ease some or all restrictions before then. From the England side, it is therefore possible for all the flights above to operate.

You can find out whether your flight is cancelled via Manage My Booking, you can find out about what is scheduled via BA.com fairly easily. ExpertFlyer and KVS both list cancelled services. Some people are following routesonline.com, and this BA forum has updates on cancelled and operating flights too.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
BA CityFlyer operated flights now suspended until 22 May, when a limited flying programme is currently planned to resume. This is all of course subject to continuous review.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Both my YYZ flights in May have been cancelled. Finally.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
We're meant to be going to DXB in F return using 241 for my wife 30th on the 3rd June. It's really stressing me out that it might not happen, for her of course.

Chances?

Whats the protocol if they cancel? Do they have to let us book again within 14 days regardless of availability? What if they cancel for longer than 14 days? Another location?

Sorry for the questions. Think its time to face reality and think of a plan B.

Anyone? corporate-wage-slave
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by eugegall
Whats the protocol if they cancel? Do they have to let us book again within 14 days regardless of availability? What if they cancel for longer than 14 days? Another location?
Same answer as post 260 really. But if BA cancel your particular service, yes the Standard Customer Guidelines will apply, detailed elsewhere in this forum (e.g. the main Rebooking thread) which allows for rebooking in the same cabin - 3 days to + 14 days,, or other dates subject to the same fare buckets and (where needed) Avios availability. The other thing in the crystal ball mix is what BA's guidelines will be at this point (which depends on when you made the booking to some extent). If you need certainty in your life you rebook, otherwise it is your stock of patience that you will need to call upon.
PlatAAagain and eugegall like this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
We're meant to be going to DXB in F return using 241 for my wife 30th on the 3rd June. It's really stressing me out that it might not happen, for her of course.

Chances?
Dubai is on the May schedule, however, it's reduced to single daily ( BA107/106 ). If you're on these flights on both ways, it's highly possible that your flights won't cancel. If you are on another flight, those flights may be canceled, however, it would depend on the passenger loads for May.

Sorry for the questions. Think its time to face reality and think of a plan B.

Anyone? corporate-wage-slave
C-W-S answered this part of the question.
If you really want to go to Dubai and the UAE would accept you as a visitor, BA107/106 would most likely operate in June and you would be able to rebook yourself to those flight, for free within -3/+14 days of your original travel dates, if your original flights get canceled.
eugegall likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Same answer as post 260 really. But if BA cancel your particular service, yes the Standard Customer Guidelines will apply, detailed elsewhere in this forum (e.g. the main Rebooking thread) which allows for rebooking in the same cabin - 3 days to + 14 days,, or other dates subject to the same fare buckets and (where needed) Avios availability. The other thing in the crystal ball mix is what BA's guidelines will be at this point (which depends on when you made the booking to some extent). If you need certainty in your life you rebook, otherwise it is your stock of patience that you will need to call upon.
I was led to believe 2 for 1 as reward flights you would need the same reward flight availability on the rebooking (which is impossible, seats go 354 days ahead of flight)? Is that what you mean by the bit highlighted in red or was that for extra Avios cost if it would normally cost more that day (as you can just buy more Avios)? I will see if I can find the so called rebooking thread.

I currently have a trip planned for 13th June 2 for 1 business to Cape Town, if they cancel I am happy to rebook for 3-14 days later if allowed, but obviously only if my separate BA hotel and BA car rental bookings can be to.

On a separate note, on rebooking will there not be a risk that travel insurance will not cover you for this new booking? As a lot have updated their terms to state you can't claim for bookings made past a certain date due to COVID-19.

Thanks,
Steve.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Hi, dr_lovejoy, and welcome to the Zoo! We all hope you’ll stay and contribute ... the more experiences the better to inform us all.

As for your June trip to CPT ... with the ZA Gov’t having closed the Border to visitors, and with an escalating rate of COVID-19 infections, do you really expect this trip to happen? Most of the World has closed Borders, or imposed 14-day Quarantine on arriving pax. Essentially, unless you’re a ‘special case’ (Gov’t, Diplomatic, Medical or Repatriation) none of us is basically going anywhere ... especially Africa!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Last edited by T8191; Apr 17, 2020 at 1:11 pm Reason: add link
Old Apr 17, 2020, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
Hi, Dr Lovejoy, and welcome to the Zoo! We all hope you’ll stay and contribute ... the more experiences the better to inform us all.

As for your June trip to CPT ... with the ZA Gov’t having closed the Border to visitors, and with an escalating rate of COVID-19 infections, do you really expect this trip to happen? Most of the World has closed Borders, or imposed 14-day Quarantine on arriving pax. Essentially, unless you’re a ‘special case’ (Gov’t, Diplomatic, Medical or Repatriation) none of us is basically going anywhere ... especially Africa!
No..... That is the reason for the questions, same as everyone else is it not? If I cancel then I can't claim on insurance for accommodations and the like, I would also be charged by BA. As for South Africa they are in a lockdown extended until May. As a country South Africa require tourism and as such the opposition party have made it clear that things need to get running again. COVID-19 is going no-where regardless what people believe, a lockdown is not a cure, it's just a slower herd-immunity. And countries will need to live with this just like every other virus/flu.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
OK, ere we go, as I and many others here are in the same boat. And I fully understand the tourism-dependency. One holiday already cnx, and another 4 to come (including ZA in Dec).

1. Do NOT cancel yourself ... wait for BA to cancel. That way you can get refunds instead of Vouchers of questionable long-term utility.
2. Once you are denied entry to ZA, or indeed faced with BA’s cancellation, surely your travel insurance will kick in?

I decline to discuss Medical or Political matters, especially those on another Continent!
Old Apr 17, 2020, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
OK, ere we go, as I and many others here are in the same boat. And I fully understand the tourism-dependency. One holiday already cnx, and another 4 to come (including ZA in Dec).

1. Do NOT cancel yourself ... wait for BA to cancel. That way you can get refunds instead of Vouchers of questionable long-term utility.
2. Once you are denied entry to ZA, or indeed faced with BA’s cancellation, surely your travel insurance will kick in?

I decline to discuss Medical or Political matters, especially those on another Continent!

What? I clearly know this and mentioned such in my posts. I was asking the others about the rebooking they mentioned, and also whether people have thought about the insurance issues of doing so. So I am not sure where your replies are going, nothing new has been mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.