Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Really hoping the 2nd May BA109 to DXB is cancelled so we can get a cash refund instead of the Voucher. Also wonder how much of an impact the damaged A350 in DXB will have on the schedule now
Old Apr 15, 2020, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefined

If any one flight on your itinerary is cancelled (doesn't matter which one), then you are entitled to a refund.
Thank you so much. Will give them a call when things calm down a bit.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 8:04 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
SOF flight changes in May

Spoiler

I received this email and then some cancellation emails less than an hour later:

“You’re booked to travel with us in May from London Heathrow to Sofia. However, due to the ongoing situation with coronavirus, we will be continuing with our temporary suspension of flights on this route for part of May and then moving to a reduced service. As a result, your flight may be one of those cancelled.”
Old Apr 15, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
I received the same 'may be cancelled' email for flights to Split at the end of May although in the case of Split the email isn't quite correct as the route is not 'temporarily suspended' - it doesn't start to operate until late May. Anyway my flights are currently showing as operating (although I fully expect they may be cancelled at some point) so I wonder if this is a generic email?
Old Apr 15, 2020, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I still don't understand why all 8 New York-JFK flights on 1-31 May are open for sale. By the way both daily EWR flights are cancelled throughout the month.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I still don't understand why all 8 New York-JFK flights on 1-31 May are open for sale. By the way both daily EWR flights are cancelled throughout the month.
I've been keeping an eye on JFK as well as ORD as I have one flight next month from ORD that I won't be traveling on. I'm surprised the 2x daily service to ORD is still scheduled. It appears they have re-timed the early service (294) on most days for the first half of May from 17:05 to 18:55 but 296 is still scheduled at 20:55. I would be surprised if they go forward with both flights but will just have to wait and see.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Bflotraveler
I've been keeping an eye on JFK as well as ORD as I have one flight next month from ORD that I won't be traveling on. I'm surprised the 2x daily service to ORD is still scheduled. It appears they have re-timed the early service (294) on most days for the first half of May from 17:05 to 18:55 but 296 is still scheduled at 20:55. I would be surprised if they go forward with both flights but will just have to wait and see.
2x daily to ORD and 2x daily to IAD does not seem that strange considering when UA has canceled both of the subsequent routes and AA not operating LHR-ORD for a while.

However, x4 BOS, x8 JFK, x3 LAX seems a bit weird.

Also, x2 YYZ seems weird when YUL and YVR are both canceled.

* By the way, as it seems, BOS, GRU, IAD, JFK, ORD, LAX, YYZ would be the only North and South American destinations in May 2020.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
* By the way, as it seems, BOS, GRU, IAD, JFK, ORD, LAX, YYZ would be the only North and South American destinations in May 2020.
The aircraft may be flying to the US airports, but ... those pax from UK, Schengen etc. still won’t be allowed to board due to US Border restrictions. I can only assume these flights are populated with repatriating ‘entitled’ American citizens.
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
The aircraft may be flying to the US airports, but ... those pax from UK, Schengen etc. still won’t be allowed to board due to US Border restrictions. I can only assume these flights are populated with repatriating ‘entitled’ American citizens.
I've heard that the restrictions are scheduled to end on 30 April 2020. I have no idea if the US authorities would postpone it to a future date.

Edit: The news article that I read where restrictions are scheduled to end on 30 April 2020 may not be true information, as I was not able to find any information on the US Department of Homeland Security website. Please make your own research before considering to travel if affected by the travel ban.
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Apr 15, 2020 at 11:08 am Reason: Stated
Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Hsd a LHR-DUB on 19th May cancelled. No auto rebook

Looks like only 1 LHR-DUB on that date. 3 from LCY
Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Hsd a LHR-DUB on 19th May cancelled. No auto rebook

Looks like only 1 LHR-DUB on that date. 3 from LCY
Interestingly, 12 LHR-DUB as an EI codeshare on that day.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
2x daily to ORD and 2x daily to IAD does not seem that strange considering when UA has canceled both of the subsequent routes and AA not operating LHR-ORD for a while.

However, x4 BOS, x8 JFK, x3 LAX seems a bit weird.

Also, x2 YYZ seems weird when YUL and YVR are both canceled.

JFK now showing 2x until the end of May; ORD, LAX and BOS down to 1x
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JFK now showing 2x until the end of May; ORD, LAX and BOS down to 1x
Yes, IAD down to 1x as well
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I shared this at the COVID-19 latest route and schedule changes thread but this information should also be available at this thread.

BA OVERVIEW OF OPERATING LONG-HAUL ROUTES ON MAY 2020

Heathrow Routes
All routes start/continue from 1 May unless stated

Beijing Daxing - 4 weekly 777
Boston - 1 daily Boeing 787
Chicago - 1 daily Boeing 787
Delhi - 1 daily Boeing 787
Dubai - 1 daily Boeing 787
Hong Kong - 1 daily Boeing 777
Johannesburg - 1 daily Boeing 777
Lagos - 1 daily Boeing 787
Los Angeles - 1 daily Boeing 787
Mumbai - 1 daily Boeing 787
New York JFK - 2 daily Boeing 777
Sao Paulo - 1 daily Boeing 777
Shanghai - 3 weekly Boeing 777
Singapore - 1 daily Boeing 777
Tokyo Haneda - 1 daily Boeing 787 ( + 1 daily JAL codeshare )
Toronto - 1 daily Boeing 787
Washington DC - 1 daily Boeing 787

These routes would not operate;

Abu Dhabi
Abuja
Accra
Amman
Atlanta
Austin
Bahrain
Baltimore
Bangalore
Bangkok
Beirut
Buenos Aires
Cairo
Calgary
Cape Town
Charleston
Chennai
Dallas ( AA codeshare operates instead )
Denver
Durban
Grand Cayman
Houston
Hyderabad
Islamabad
Jeddah
Kuala Lumpur
Kuwait
Las Vegas
Mexico City
Miami ( AA codeshare operates instead )
Montreal
Moscow-DME
Moscow-SVO
Nairobi
Nashville
Nassau
Newark
New Orleans
Osaka
Philadelphia
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Portland
Rio de Janeiro
Riyadh
San Diego
San Francisco
San Jose
Santiago
Seattle
Seoul
Seychelles
Sydney
Vancouver

Gatwick Routes
All routes start/continue from 1 May unless stated

Barbados - x2 weekly Boeing 777 ( from 22 May )
Bermuda - x2 weekly Boeing 777 ( from 21 May )
Cancun - x2 weekly Boeing 777 ( from 24 May )
Las Vegas - x3 weekly Boeing 777 ( from 23 May )
Orlando - x5 weekly Boeing 777 ( from 22 May )

These routes would not operate;

Antigua
Kingston
Lima
Mauritius
New York JFK
Providenciales
Punta Cana
St Kitts
St Lucia
Tampa
Tobago
Toronto
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:54 pm

They are working through May now but are limiting cancellations by doing some each day rather than a blanket all-at-once approach so as to spread out the effect on the limited call centre resource they have. Very sensible in my opinion - some might say too sensible for BA but there you go. So if there’s a route with multiple daily flights, or some routes they haven’t touched yet, they’ll get to them soon enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.