Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2020, 2:45 pm

Why are there 21 weekly flights to Oslo, when their border is closed to non-essential travel. Are there really that many in the oil industry still travelling, which I believe is one of the few sectors permitted.

I understand Munich and some of the others with high flight frequency more, as borders are open.

Just curious more than anything. Interesting list!
Old Apr 14, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
LHR-SEZ now zeroed out until 1 June. Not had the cancellation yet. Absolutely gutted as for once we got one of the 2-4-1 prices in a J sale over half term. Oh well.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, LH M&M
We have flights on May 10th, ABZ- LHR- JNB. Seats in J using a 2-4-1. We'd also paid for seat selection on the UD as it was probably going to be a last chance to fly on the 747. Then on the 11th May we have a flight on Comair from JNB to WDH which was a cash booking.
Not had any cancellations yet, waiting for BA to cancel so that we will get our seat selection refunded aswell as the taxes etc. Would rather have a refund so that we can rebook once things become clearer.
We booked the flights in July 2019.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
My bargain price First flight LHR-SAN just zeroed out. The cancellation can't be far off now. Oh well, maybe next year. Will it still be a 747 I wonder?
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by RedDevil83
I setup alerts on Expert Flyer for my TPA-LGW flight on May 2nd, and have just this minute had the alerts through of all buckets going to 0 (was all 9 on every bucket this morning). Checked EF and they’ve done every tampa flight upto and including May 31st, with normal availability returning on June 1st.

nothing official from BA yet but I’m assuming that’ll be imminent.

just looked for other Florida airports and seen they’ve done the same with MCO-LGW, totally wiped out for May. Looks like they haven’t got around to doing MIA-LHR yet as still showing normal availability on the 4 flights per day, which obviously won’t remain the case.
I've already cancelled my LHR-SFO flight for May 9th, but was keeping an eye on it anyway. Expertflyer shows it as having zero availability in all classes.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
LHR-SEZ now zeroed out until 1 June. Not had the cancellation yet. Absolutely gutted as for once we got one of the 2-4-1 prices in a J sale over half term. Oh well.
If you have an idea of when you might be able to go, consider rebooking yourselves rather than taking a refund or voucher - as long as you lock in the dates now it’s a standard rebook (assuming it does get cancelled of course) which means you won’t be hit for any additional fare. Using the voucher or taking cash won’t guarantee a good price in future.
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
My Seattle flights are zeroed out too. Good sign. Just a few hours on a phone and I should see my money back.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
My Seattle flights are zeroed out too. Good sign. Just a few hours on a phone and I should see my money back.
This morning I managed to call and get a refund of a cash booking I made a few months ago and was cancelled yesterday. My total time on the phone was under 10 minutes. That includes the initial menus, waiting time and the actual transaction itself.

I think if you avoid the times when BA are sending out loads of cancellation messages you should be fine. Just wait a few days after all these longhaul cancellations go out
Old Apr 14, 2020, 10:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
My BA10 on may 2 is now 0-ed out as well. Wonder if rebooking onto QR for an avios redemption is an option or if i am staying here on BA's dime indefinitely?...
Old Apr 14, 2020, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Some long-haul destinations have been already zeroed for May including Sydney, Nashville, Montreal, Baltimore, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Miami ( AA goes daily instead of x3 weekly - 2x BA canceled ), Newark, Kuala Lumpur, Osaka.

However, some destinations including New York-JFK ( which still have available 8-9 departures for most of May ) and not zeroed yet; it's obvious that it's not have been touched yet by the IT team, probably, we'll see more changes coming.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
My BA10 on may 2 is now 0-ed out as well. Wonder if rebooking onto QR for an avios redemption is an option or if i am staying here on BA's dime indefinitely?...
QR not currently an option for redemption per the guideline, though you'd think they'd be pragmatic about it considering their liability otherwise!
Old Apr 14, 2020, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by sammyg901

QR not currently an option for redemption per the guideline, though you'd think they'd be pragmatic about it considering their liability otherwise!
In case of a cancellation within the last 15 days, if it meets the -2/+4 hour requirement to avoid EU compensation; the OP could request to be rebooked on Qatar despite award availability. However, it might need a supervisor touch.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 3:15 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
PHL has been zeroed out in all classes now for all of May so it should be cancelled. I’m due to fly May 12 but guess this will be cancelled.
Availability starts again June 1st
Old Apr 15, 2020, 7:07 am

We've just had the inbound flight cancelled for our May trip but earlier outbound flight is still operating. Will we still be entitled to a refund rather than a voucher if I call up in a week or two?
Old Apr 15, 2020, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by shelly67
We've just had the inbound flight cancelled for our May trip but earlier outbound flight is still operating. Will we still be entitled to a refund rather than a voucher if I call up in a week or two?
If any one flight on your itinerary is cancelled (doesn't matter which one), then you are entitled to a refund.
shelly67 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.