Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Incorrect Avios for Redemptions and Redeposits

Old Mar 28, 20, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club

I refunded a cancelled Lloyds Upgrade Voucher flight a couple of days ago. I booked the outbound and return at separate times and the booking confirmation from Avios only shows the outbound flight, they never sent me a second confirmation for the return. But both flights appeared in MMB. For the outbound flight, I paid 50,000 Avios and 377.72. And for the return another 50,000 Avios, and 196.00. The cash amounts have been refunded, but only 48,021 Avios have been refunded, which seems like a really weird number.

Then yesterday I booked a flight using Avios. The e-ticket shows 62,500 Avios plus 380.68 in tax. The correct amount has been charged to my credit card, but only 55,901 Avios have been deducted from my account, again a really weird number.

Any thoughts?
Old Mar 28, 20, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, UA 1K, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Are you in a household account, or more importantly, were you at the time the bookings were made? In which case the avios come from all the accounts in the household pro-rata based on their balances, and will go back into the same accounts when cancelled.
Old Mar 28, 20, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Classic symptoms of an HHA.
Old Mar 28, 20, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Your very lucky to have anything refunded so quickly. I cancelled similar booking with Lloyds voucher and avios 10 days ago and was told to expect it to take up to 28 days to get anything back!
The agent did say though that if I needed the avios to make another booking then I should call in and they would try and push through manually.
Old Mar 28, 20, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox View Post
Are you in a household account, or more importantly, were you at the time the bookings were made? In which case the avios come from all the accounts in the household pro-rata based on their balances, and will go back into the same accounts when cancelled.
Many thanks. You are absolutely correct it was because of the HHA. The Avios were refunded for a normal Avios booking which I had cancelled. So I am still waiting for the Avios for the Lloyds voucher booking to appear. And the new booking redeemed proportionately from the HHA accounts.

Last edited by JessicaB; Mar 28, 20 at 6:57 am
Old Mar 29, 20, 3:15 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Lost voucher?

I assume you have now lost your voucher, or did they offer to extend it during your conversations?
Old Mar 29, 20, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mike turnbull View Post
I assume you have now lost your voucher, or did they offer to extend it during your conversations?
No, I posted about this in the other thread. BA cancelled my flight, so they have given me the money and the Avios back, and have given me a new Lloyds upgrade voucher. This is valid for 6 months, so I have to book within 6 months and then the flights have to be within 12 months.
Old Mar 29, 20, 3:29 am

Thanks. I'll sit tight and wait for BA to cancel my Avios/Lloyds voucher booking.
Old Mar 29, 20, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mike turnbull View Post
Thanks. I'll sit tight and wait for BA to cancel my Avios/Lloyds voucher booking.
Yes that's essential, if not you will lose the voucher. Having said that, when I really looked at it yesterday the voucher isn't all that useful. Once you have flown the outbound the return is non-changeable, and you have to fly on BA metal. And you can't do anything online, everything involves waiting an hour for them to answer the phone. In my case (where I have an Iberia route nearby) those are three deal-breakers all for the sake of saving 25,000 Avios. But I guess it depends on your circumstances.
Old Mar 29, 20, 4:21 am

Mine is a one way for two , back from Cape Town to Heathrow.....business was difficult enough to get in the first place so I'll probably change it to somewhere else in the same zone.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: