BA at MAN T1

Old Mar 26, 20, 6:01 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

BA at MAN T1

MAN has closed T2 & T3 for the time being, so BA will be operating out of T1.

Anybody had any experience of this yet? What are the arrangements for arrivals? I don't believe T1 has any domestic flights, so I'm guessing everybody would need to be bussed directly to the baggage reclaim as to avoid the immigration checks?

I was actually supposed to be doing a MAN-LHR tomorrow. Fortunately, I cancelled when it was obvious that the virus was on its way!
Old Mar 26, 20, 6:08 am
ECR

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
I don't believe T1 has any domestic flights, so I'm guessing everybody would need to be bussed directly to the baggage reclaim as to avoid the immigration checks?
T1 does have at least one domestic route with Easyjet from Belfast. It is a while since I flew that route, but my recollection is arrivals we're bussed, although I couldn't be certain.
Old Mar 26, 20, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ECR View Post
T1 does have at least one domestic route with Easyjet from Belfast. It is a while since I flew that route, but my recollection is arrivals we're bussed, although I couldn't be certain.
Ah yes! Good point about the Belfast flight.
Old Mar 26, 20, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
When I flew in from BFS with EZY we were bussed directly to baggage reclaim.
Old Mar 26, 20, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S View Post
When I flew in from BFS with EZY we were bussed directly to baggage reclaim.
Bussing passengers doesnít appear to be sensible atm.
Old Mar 26, 20, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by twincheeks View Post
Pax that just got off a plane, and were sat a few inches from the bus pax?
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Mar 26, 20, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke View Post
Pax that just got off a plane, and were sat a few inches from the bus pax?
fair point
bhbloke likes this.
Old Mar 26, 20, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Arrivals from The Republic of Ireland are all bussed at T1. There is a route alongside it for domestic arrivals, so I imagine that is where BA (and FR arrivals from ROI) will arrive into. Belt 8 (I might have that wrong) is separate from the main International baggage reclaim, but can be used by international arrivals if the right combination of doors are opened and closed.
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I was due to fly LHR-MAN-LHR next month and got a notification the flights were being moved, and then subsequently cancelled.

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Anybody had any experience of this yet? What are the arrangements for arrivals? I don't believe T1 has any domestic flights, so I'm guessing everybody would need to be bussed directly to the baggage reclaim as to avoid the immigration checks?
I've only ever flown into MAN the once, on Blue Islands from JER. We were picked up and bussed around to baggage claim. Based on the other flights it seemed to be international traffic, then went through the green customs channel.
Old Mar 26, 20, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Miles and Smiles Elite, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Did this yesterday arriving from LHR. Stand in T1. Stairs down to the building and walk a bit and the connecting door between Terminal 1 and 3 terminals are open, so you actually picked up your luggage from the belt in terminal 3 and you actually walk out of terminal 3 doors and then have to walk to terminal 1 building on the outside of the terminal since all car parking including meet and greet have been moved to Terminal 1 as well. All a bit confusing.
Old Mar 26, 20, 1:20 pm

Arriving at MAN: All pax arriving into MAN will vacate through T3 arrivals. The aircraft are planned to use stands 4 and/or 3 and passengers will enter the building through either gate 3a or 19c (19c was previously gate 3d which has been re-numbered for reasons known to the airport only). Passengers will then climb a flight of stairs and proceed down the corridor past gates 16/17 and 18 of T3 to the usual baggage reclaim area.

Departures at MAN: Check-in is now in Terminal 1. Upon clearing security, pax are instructed to go to either gate 3a or 19c, the routing of which will take you past the arrivals route as discussed above. Again, as to why MAN have chosen this route is curious as there appears to be no reason as to why the Passengers could not just route direct to the Gate 3 area in T1 via B-pier for those familiar with the terminal. There are no longer any Biometric checks.
Old Mar 26, 20, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by wythy View Post
Upon clearing security, pax are instructed to go to either gate 3a or 19c, the routing of which will take you past the arrivals route as discussed above. Again, as to why MAN have chosen this route is curious as there appears to be no reason as to why the Passengers could not just route direct to the Gate 3 area in T1 via B-pier for those familiar with the terminal. There are no longer any Biometric checks.
Unless Iím getting confused (entirely possible!), havenít you just answered your own question? Domestic departures are kept separate, and there is no longer a biometric check. One of those surely causes the other.
Old Mar 26, 20, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Confus View Post
Unless I’m getting confused (entirely possible!), haven’t you just answered your own question? Domestic departures are kept separate, and there is no longer a biometric check. One of those surely causes the other.
If you know the terminal layout, you'll realize that the gate can be accessed by heading to gate 3 on B-pier where EZY departures often depart from (Including the Domestic BFS flights). There really does not seem to be a reason why passengers are having to make circuitous routing down past the 16/17 gate area unless I'm missing something..
Old Mar 26, 20, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by twincheeks View Post
I agree, yet having passengers crammed together in an aircraft appears to be acceptable. There's no social distancing happening here. Unacceptable.
Old Mar 27, 20, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wythy View Post
If you know the terminal layout, you'll realize that the gate can be accessed by heading to gate 3 on B-pier where EZY departures often depart from (Including the Domestic BFS flights). There really does not seem to be a reason why passengers are having to make circuitous routing down past the 16/17 gate area unless I'm missing something..
Do they do the facial recognition at MAN T1? If not, then I guess this is to stop people who are connecting (and don't have any right to enter the UK) swapping their boarding pass with somebody heading to LHR.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: