Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

eVoucher status on booking for family member

Old Mar 26, 20, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Hi guys - I had a LHR-JFK return booked for Easter weekend in CW, 4x with travel agents of which I am a traveller and 2x direct with BA of which I am not a traveller.

The travel agent part is a pain in itself but thatís another story... my question is around the eVoucher for the remaining 2x.

They are listed in my BAEC as travel companions and I booked and paid for the travel.

I applied for the eVoucher but have heard nothing more on it other than an email to say it was being processed and would be within 7 days (17th). I will obviously give it a few more days but wondered whether there is a way to see progress or where it might sit in my BAEC account - and to confirm that the voucher would come to me as the booker/payer and not to the account of the lead passenger?

And Iím seeing from other threads it isnít like a normal eVoucher that sits in the account so just a little unsure how youíd actually spend it?

Thanks! Liam
Old Feb 5, 21, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
BA EVoucher info available on BA web site?

I did get my evoucher email (not a certificte without much detail) about 10 days after I cancelled a flight as I cannot easily to go Europe in a month. The email had voucher #s, one for self and one for wife and an expiration date of April 2023 - which is fine. There is no detail on Avois now available nor the $$ I used with the booking. I did call and an agent gave me these amounts., but why not on the email?? I do not see any reference to the evouchers in my B A Exec Acct.

Question: Is there any way I can go online and see the EVoucher Avios and $$ amounts?? I could not find it. Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 21, 12:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SAPMAN View Post
I did get my evoucher email (not a certificte without much detail) about 10 days after I cancelled a flight as I cannot easily to go Europe in a month. The email had voucher #s, one for self and one for wife and an expiration date of April 2023 - which is fine. There is no detail on Avois now available nor the $$ I used with the booking. I did call and an agent gave me these amounts., but why not on the email?? I do not see any reference to the evouchers in my B A Exec Acct.

Question: Is there any way I can go online and see the EVoucher Avios and $$ amounts?? I could not find it. Thanks.
Hi. The online evouchers and offline future travel vouchers are not shown on your BAEC page anywhere. With the online evouchers theses do show the value on the email and can be used online, but these are only issued for cash bookings which have never been changed.

Any other bookings such as reward bookings or those which have been changed before will get issued as offline vouchers and don't show the value in your email - but the value will be whatever you paid originally for the booking + any ancillaries such as extra bag or seat charges. You will need to call to use these offline vouchers.
Old Feb 5, 21, 12:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Quite a few FTers have raised this issue now. The best you can do is to search your email for

which is BAEC's IATA number. This should show your e-tickets and you will see the cash amount under Payment Total, and the line above that has "Avios Points Debited".

For revenue tickets it's a different IATA number (to reflect the agency relationship, but I've been working too hard this week to explain it....). I imagine BA in the USA may have another IATA number but I can't check that.

You also have to add on any extra charges off the main booking area, such as POUGs, seating fees, extra luggage. The latter two are FTV'd in a separate item to be re-used against new seating / luggage. POUGs go into the cash pile.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Feb 5, 21, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Quite a few FTers have raised this issue now. The best you can do is to search your email for

which is BAEC's IATA number. This should show your e-tickets and you will see the cash amount under Payment Total, and the line above that has "Avios Points Debited".

For revenue tickets it's a different IATA number (to reflect the agency relationship, but I've been working too hard this week to explain it....). I imagine BA in the USA may have another IATA number but I can't check that.

You also have to add on any extra charges off the main booking area, such as POUGs, seating fees, extra luggage. The latter two are FTV'd in a separate item to be re-used against new seating / luggage. POUGs go into the cash pile.
Call me dense here, but wouldn't searching your eMail for the booking reference do the job?
Old Feb 5, 21, 1:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Call me dense here, but wouldn't searching your eMail for the booking reference do the job?
Yes, except BA sends out many emails with PNRs in them, but not so many with IATA numbers. And, if I may be a little indiscreet, my suspicion is that some of us haven't memorised all our PNRs, but it's not too tricky to remember 2 IATA numbers.
The Geek and Traveller 935 like this.
Old Feb 5, 21, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
I did find my email with "Your e-ticket receipt" with all the info as to Avios points used and cash charged to my Cr Card. However the IATA # is 33992884. The amounts on my e-ticket agree with what I was told by a BA agent the "future travel voucher" is worth (the email on the Future Travel Voucher only have Vo #, no amount and an Expirtation date of Apr 2022). I guess I got an Offline Voucher. Very confusing.

Still do not see why BA cannot attach it somehow into one's BA Exec Acct. - at least for Avios points part.

Anyway, I will keep all documentation as reference for the future. Thanks so much everyone for helping me understand.
Old Feb 6, 21, 4:00 am

Each combination of point-of-sale and channel will have its own IATA. For BA direct sales, this matches journey origin. So bookings commencing in France will have a different one from the UK, for example, and of course redemption sales will be different again. But in principle if you always make bookings starting in the same place, then this would work.
Old Feb 6, 21, 4:04 am

Still do not see why BA cannot attach it somehow into one's BA Exec Acct. - at least for Avios points part.
Because the teams that would need to do this work are the same ones who are busy creating the functionality to convert to and redeem as e-vouchers in the first place. They donít have the ability to double their team size overnight, and itís not as simple as just clicking a button to make it happen.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: