Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lloyds Upgrade Vouchers Extension Confirmed

Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

6 month Extention Confirmed for Lloyds Upgrade vouchers cconfirmed nothing on amex yet
Globaliser likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Hawk777
6 month Extention Confirmed for Lloyds Upgrade vouchers cconfirmed nothing on amex yet
Many thanks for the heads up. Do you know if that automatic for everyone? Any link to the announcement?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Many thanks for the heads up. Do you know if that automatic for everyone? Any link to the announcement?
no it's reactive policy has to be applied for
Old Mar 19, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Thanks for the info. Just had a live chat with them, and voucher extended for 6 months.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi all,

I've just had a quick phone call with the Avios team that look after these Lloyds upgrade vouchers, as I still have one left to use.

I can confirm that they have now extended the expiry of these vouchers through to March 31st 2021.

Great news, as I had heard from a couple of sources that it was going to be 'impossible' to extend beyond the end of 2020, but this is clearly no longer the case.

Hoping others here find this info useful. The lady I spoke to said the policy was only changed yesterday, November 16th.
oxfordjames, EDIflyer and aks120 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Mr.JimmyFlyer
Hi all,

I've just had a quick phone call with the Avios team that look after these Lloyds upgrade vouchers, as I still have one left to use.

I can confirm that they have now extended the expiry of these vouchers through to March 31st 2021.

Great news, as I had heard from a couple of sources that it was going to be 'impossible' to extend beyond the end of 2020, but this is clearly no longer the case.

Hoping others here find this info useful. The lady I spoke to said the policy was only changed yesterday, November 16th.
Thanks so much for posting this here. Called up today and requested the extension, very friendly lady called Amanda sorted both my vouchers out in a matter of seconds, hold time under a minute too which is impressive. Hoping I can use these for an xmas 2021 trip if we're allowed by then!
Mr.JimmyFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 8:38 am

Thanks for this. Just phoned and vouchers extended to March 2021, all done within 4 minutes. I also had a voucher that I let expire unused in October and they were able to extend that one as well to March. Added to my pile of Amex vouchers, FTVs, and e-vocuhers!
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 8:50 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Forgive me - but I have looked - can you point me to the way to upgrade vouchers please? I cannot see any mention in the Wki. I have a Lloyds Avios account - but there again I cannot find any information
Old Nov 19, 2020, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Forgive me - but I have looked - can you point me to the way to upgrade vouchers please? I cannot see any mention in the Wki. I have a Lloyds Avios account - but there again I cannot find any information
These were available on certain Lloyds cards affiliated with avios.com after spending a certain amount (7000? iirc). Lloyds removed the upgrade voucher program from the terms and conditions of the cards in 2018, but there are still a some vouchers out there.
Using Lloyds Upgrade Voucher - Avios.com or BA
End of the Lloyds Upgrade Voucher?
Lloyds Avios Credit Card Vouchers - A question.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
These were available on certain Lloyds cards affiliated with avios.com after spending a certain amount (7000? iirc). Lloyds removed the upgrade voucher program from the terms and conditions of the cards in 2018, but there are still a some vouchers out there.
and as a result I don't spend anything on the card nowadays...when previously it was my go to card when I didn't use my BA Amex. Their loss...Chris
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 11:34 pm

I managed to get a recently expired voucher extended without any problem at all.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Chris_G
and as a result I don't spend anything on the card nowadays...when previously it was my go to card when I didn't use my BA Amex. Their loss...Chris
Actually their loss was the problem. Water under the bridge, but a card that cost 24/year and saved me far more than that in FX alone, plus a voucher that could be worth hundreds, plus 1.25 Avios (from memory) per GBP was never going to last in the age of capped fees. I do miss it.

Edit: Is it not still one of the better non-Amex Avios earning cards if you have the Lloyds Club account, I think it's then 0.5 Avios per GBP, and no fee. Although the method of calculating the Avios favours few large transaction amounts over lots of small, if spend total the same.
SxMan likes this.

Last edited by dougzz; Nov 20, 2020 at 2:10 am Reason: Additional.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 8:41 am

Oops I hit quick reply instead of quote. This is intended for PUCCI GALORE!

I don't know how long you've had the account and therefore don't know if you have any vouchers, but I think they used to send a letter to let you know if you had earned one.

Anyway, perhaps call this number: 0344 493 3349 and give them your details. They will likely ask for you avios membership number, but I can never remember mine so I just give them my postcode etc and they start from there. If you have any vouchers I'm sure they will be able to tell you.

Good luck!
Old Nov 20, 2020, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by dougzz
Actually their loss was the problem. Water under the bridge, but a card that cost 24/year and saved me far more than that in FX alone, plus a voucher that could be worth hundreds, plus 1.25 Avios (from memory) per GBP was never going to last in the age of capped fees. I do miss it.

Edit: Is it not still one of the better non-Amex Avios earning cards if you have the Lloyds Club account, I think it's then 0.5 Avios per GBP, and no fee. Although the method of calculating the Avios favours few large transaction amounts over lots of small, if spend total the same.
Yes I seem to remember it was 1.25 avios per 1 spent, and for the first nine or twelve months it was double that. I still have the MasterCard version and it earns me c.1200 avios per month just from regular spending. Not amazing but along with some tactical BA eStore spending it all adds up!
Old Nov 21, 2020, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MrCheapSeats
I managed to get a recently expired voucher extended without any problem at all.
How long an extension did they give you?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.