Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lloyds Upgrade Vouchers Extension Confirmed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Upgrade Vouchers Extension Confirmed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by zanderblue
Yes. I changed date and destination with change fee waived a couple of weeks ago. I think the change of destination needs to be in same band though.
Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:32 am

Anyone know what the change fee is on these tickets? Looking like I'll need to change my flight not just once, but twice (I need to fly exactly 364 days later than planned).

Edit - Hmm... looks like I may not be able to move it at all based on the info here: Flight cancellation - Lloyds voucher

That would be an annoying waste of the voucher.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: AA, BA, UAL, NZ, QF, LH, SPG, IHG, HH, Marriott etc etc
I think £50 per ticket, but when I read the Terms it said £35 for BA sectors
RG1X likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RG1X
Anyone know what the change fee is on these tickets? Looking like I'll need to change my flight not just once, but twice (I need to fly exactly 364 days later than planned).
The change fee is normally £35, but it is not being charged at the moment. I called Avios last week to change the date of one of my flights, and no fee was levied to amend the ticket. I'm not sure when this policy will change, but would suggest that people make their changes sooner rather than later if they can, just in case.
fartoomanyusers, EDIflyer and RG1X like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm looking to make a change to a Lloyds booking from a zone 2 destination to a zone 3 destination - am I right in remembering any destination change must still be in the same zone?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:59 am

Anyone know if they're still answering the phone? Have called a couple of times today and after selecting the "existing booking" option, I then get cut off saying there's no-one available to talk to me.

Is it just that they're busy and have no queue, or am I stuck with a booking I can't use? lol

I assume that BA wont deal with me direct on the ticket as it wasn't booked through them.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Anyone know if they're still answering the phone? Have called a couple of times today and after selecting the "existing booking" option, I then get cut off saying there's no-one available to talk to me.

Is it just that they're busy and have no queue, or am I stuck with a booking I can't use? lol

I assume that BA wont deal with me direct on the ticket as it wasn't booked through them.
When I was calling Avios a few months ago they just had a single person dealing with calls.
Sometimes when my call timed out, it got routed to various BA people! No harm calling BA directly and see if they know what the story is.
RG1X likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 6:47 am

So have been trying for hours a day since my last post and still not got through even once. Tried BA, said they couldn't service the booking and tried to connect me to the Avios people (which unsurprisingly didn't work).

Any suggestions? Flight is on Friday and I have absolutely no idea what happens if I can't get someone to move it.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
So have been trying for hours a day since my last post and still not got through even once. Tried BA, said they couldn't service the booking and tried to connect me to the Avios people (which unsurprisingly didn't work).

Any suggestions? Flight is on Friday and I have absolutely no idea what happens if I can't get someone to move it.
Have you tried the chat on the Avios website? You'd have to log into Avios.com (using the Aerlingus option) and go to the live chat at the top.
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by sb1982
Have you tried the chat on the Avios website? You'd have to log into Avios.com (using the Aerlingus option) and go to the live chat at the top.
I haven't, I assumed they'd not be able to do anything but at this point anything is worth a try.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 7:04 am

I haven't, I assumed they'd not be able to do anything but at this point anything is worth a try.
Absolutely, I’ve been able to change a voucher booking on the chat before, so try each of the chat options, it might take a little while for an agent to join!
Old Aug 2, 2022, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by sb1982
Absolutely, I’ve been able to change a voucher booking on the chat before, so try each of the chat options, it might take a little while for an agent to join!
First agent gave me the number for the standard BA exec club, who once again tried to put me through to another team, and once again failed to connect.

Getting really frustrating. Not least because no-one has bothered calling me back.

Edit - This last chat agent told me that they wont change the flight online due to security, and if I can't get through by 24 hours before the flight, it's tough sh*t basically. I lose my Avios / any taxes. Amazing. Surely I have some legal option if they've made it all but impossible to get through to them? (I've been screenshotting my call logs)

Last edited by RG1X; Aug 2, 2022 at 8:06 am
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:38 am

Finally got through to someone, they wouldn't move it outside of ticket validity. Cancelled, and charged me £35 for the fun of it (which seemed out of order, given it was within the Heathrow disruption period).
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:15 am

Finally got through to someone, they wouldn't move it outside of ticket validity. Cancelled, and charged me £35 for the fun of it (which seemed out of order, given it was within the Heathrow disruption period).
That's a shame. I think all airlines are rather strict with ticked validity windows. Regarding the £35, they of course would not have charged you if they cancelled the flight, but since it was a voluntary cancellation by you - they have stuck to the usual rules. Dealing with BA perhaps they would have been more flexible, which is why I am glad to have no more Lloyds Avios vouchers! Did they say the Heathrow disruption flexibility (for travel up to 7 August) was only for bookings direct with BA? I'm very surprised it didn't include travel agents too.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Were you able to keep the Lloyds voucher?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.