Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FCO advises against all global travel for 30 days

Old Mar 17, 20, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,

This will presumably allow travel insurance to pay out under that clause. I also assume BA will cull flights further....
Old Mar 17, 20, 6:52 am

Exceptional travel advisory notice

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises British people against all non-essential travel worldwide. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to unprecedented international border closures and other restrictions. All countries may restrict travel without notice. 

The FCO was already advising against all but essential travel or all travel to some areas or countries due to risks that do not relate to COVID-19. This advice remains in place. Check FCO travel advice pages for the latest information.

If you now need to change or cancel your travel plans, follow these steps:
  1. contact your airline, travel company, cruise line or other transport and accommodation providers
  2. get in touch with your insurance provider
  3. continue to follow the NHS coronavirus guidance
Old Mar 17, 20, 6:57 am
Suspended

Mass cancellation due for 18 March to 1 April
Tobias-UK, BAeuro, mjh0 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 20, 10:58 am

I wonder if the FCO 30 days means starting from 18th? Would it be travel up to and including 16th April? Or is up to 15th April?
Does anyone know?
Old Mar 17, 20, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Hawk777 View Post
Mass cancellation due for 18 March to 1 April
I guess theyíre being loaded as we speak.
Old Mar 17, 20, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GOLD, LF HH Diamond, IHG Plat/AMB
This is the right move. I know this is FT but when I saw people considering TP runs given the lower fares I thought it irresponsible, to say the very least.
Old Mar 17, 20, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg View Post
I wonder if the FCO 30 days means starting from 18th? Would it be travel up to and including 16th April? Or is up to 15th April?
Does anyone know?
I'm not sure it really matters, as no-one knows what the situation might be by then. Do you have somewhere you particularly have to be on 16th April?
Old Mar 17, 20, 11:19 am

It does not really matter. As I said, I wonder.... our holiday starts on the 16th. Just wondered if it would be cancelled by BA.
Old Mar 17, 20, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thanks, FCO, thatís really helpful. Please tell me which countries we have holiday booking for from now to December will let us in. Oh, none of them? Sorted, then!
Old Mar 17, 20, 11:51 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classť, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
Thanks, FCO, thatís really helpful. Please tell me which countries we have holiday booking for from now to December will let us in. Oh, none of them? Sorted, then!
There are worse places to be stuck than JER for a couple of months Uncle T. Iím going for the small wins in the current situation 🙂.
T8191, Dan72 and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 17, 20, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
It does not really matter. As I said, I wonder.... our holiday starts on the 16th. Just wondered if it would be cancelled by BA.
We have a flight LHR ->JFK on the 18th April and whilst I appreciate this is ages away, we are just interested to know what will happen. Cancelled because of US closures or FCO advice or neither and BA will run.
Old Mar 17, 20, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
My flight from DME-LHR-DFW on 03/24 is still on.
Old Mar 17, 20, 12:11 pm

Does anyone know?
It's advice, which generally means right now.
Old Mar 17, 20, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by ens100 View Post
We have a flight LHR ->JFK on the 18th April and whilst I appreciate this is ages away, we are just interested to know what will happen. Cancelled because of US closures or FCO advice or neither and BA will run.
As it stands, as a UK resident or travelling fromEurope, you won’t be able to travel. Sorry, on iPad and can’t chase the links, but you will be cancelled out at some point (probably close to departure). We have an IAD in July, which we know is dead ... just waiting for the cancellation and refunds from BA, Avis, LHR hotel and destination house rental.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

Last edited by T8191; Mar 17, 20 at 12:18 pm
Old Mar 17, 20, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
As it stands, as a UK resident or travelling fromEurope, you won’t be able to travel. Sorry, on iPad and can’t chase the links, but you will be cancelled out at some point (probably close to departure). We have an IAD in July, which we know is dead ... just waiting for the cancellation and refunds from BA, Avis, LHR hotel and destination house rental.
Thank you very much Mr T, very much appreciated. Will leave it and see what happens closer the time. Hopefully it will also be straightforward for an internal AA flight that we have, luckily was not to much so not too bad of a loss in the worst case.

Just as an update (and to back up what you are saying) , the last couple of days when I went to the cancellation options, the message that the refund would be calculated appeared. When i tired just now, the future travel voucher appeared option appeared.

Last edited by ens100; Mar 17, 20 at 12:23 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: