Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lighthearted stress-relieving thread (loosely BA connected ...)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lighthearted stress-relieving thread (loosely BA connected ...)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2020, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Maybe this is worth resurrecting - or not ??
Old May 27, 2020, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Maybe this is worth resurrecting - or not ??
Why not? We could surely do with a laugh.
Old May 27, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond

I think this sums up how a lot of us have ended up at the moment
Old May 27, 2020, 4:10 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold

introducing Club Balcony, complete with pilot’s view. No Avios compensation due because of the ugly garage. Every once in a while a proper plane will be visible in the top left corner.
toothy likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I’m finding the sky disconcertingly empty. Where are all those contrails that were usually scribbled all over Jersey’s sky?

toothy likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
1. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you ...but it's still on my list.

3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

5. We never really grow up -- we only learn how to act in public.

6. War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

7. Knowledge, is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

8. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

9. I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

10. In filling out an application, where it says, "In case of an emergency, notify..." I answered "a doctor."

11. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

12. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

13. I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

14. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

15. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

16. You're never too old to learn something stupid.

17. I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find someone older than me.
antichef, toothy, T8191 and 3 others like this.
Old May 27, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
1. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you ...but it's still on my list.

3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

5. We never really grow up -- we only learn how to act in public.

6. War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

7. Knowledge, is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

8. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

9. I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

10. In filling out an application, where it says, "In case of an emergency, notify..." I answered "a doctor."

11. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

12. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

13. I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

14. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

15. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

16. You're never too old to learn something stupid.

17. I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find someone older than me.
I'll add 12a "If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you. And, 12b. For sale, parachute. Used once, some red stains"

ML
Old May 27, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by toothy

I think this sums up how a lot of us have ended up at the moment
Yep, just a shame I havent got the array of women at home with me Ala Hugh Heffner

ML
toothy likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Mountlodge
I'll add 12a "If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you. And, 12b. For sale, parachute. Used once, some red stains"

ML
From my military freefall training (many decades ago), I will add 12c:
If you make a mistake and do not know how to correct it you have made two mistakes already.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
toothy, T8191, Mountlodge and 4 others like this.
Old May 28, 2020, 1:03 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
(After Jerry selfishly takes the lone first-class seat available he confronts Elaine about the issue)
Jerry: Elaine, have you ever flown first-class?
Elaine: No.
Jerry: All right then. See, you don't know what you're missing. I've flown first-class. I can't go back to coach. I can't, I won't.
Elaine: We flew here coach.
Jerry: Yeah, that's true.
Elaine: Oh, alright. If the plane crashes, everyone in first class is going to die anyway.
Jerry: Yeah, I'm sure you'll live.
Hoch likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by testycal
(After Jerry selfishly takes the lone first-class seat available he confronts Elaine about the issue)
Jerry: Elaine, have you ever flown first-class?
Elaine: No.
Jerry: All right then. See, you don't know what you're missing. I've flown first-class. I can't go back to coach. I can't, I won't.
Elaine: We flew here coach.
Jerry: Yeah, that's true.
Elaine: Oh, alright. If the plane crashes, everyone in first class is going to die anyway.
Jerry: Yeah, I'm sure you'll live.
Ah Seinfeld. I have contributed to his fortune over the years. More recently last summer when he came to London.

H
Old May 28, 2020, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Hoch
Ah Seinfeld. I have contributed to his fortune over the years. More recently last summer when he came to London.

H
How did you find his performance? I read a review that he has lost his edge..as we all likely do as we age.
Old May 28, 2020, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by testycal
How did you find his performance? I read a review that he has lost his edge..as we all likely do as we age.
He used a high pitch almost false falsetto voice a lot of the time. I found that a little off-putting. But overall, I think he put on a very good performance.

The material was typical Seinfeld: observational humour. Most of the jokes connected. Given that those there were probably diehard fans (such as myself), I think even if he was off people would have liked it. I imagine it was quite hard to stay fresh after forty odd years of being a comedian.

H
Old May 28, 2020, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Hoch
He used a high pitch almost false falsetto voice a lot of the time. I found that a little off-putting. But overall, I think he put on a very good performance.

The material was typical Seinfeld: observational humour. Most of the jokes connected. Given that those there were probably diehard fans (such as myself), I think even if he was off people would have liked it. I imagine it was quite hard to stay fresh after forty odd years of being a comedian.

H
as is marriage.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.