FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Covid-19 : BA network lounge closures, effective 17 March (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2013214-covid-19-ba-network-lounge-closures-effective-17-march.html)

Hawk777 Mar 16, 20 12:57 pm

Covid-19 : BA network lounge closures, effective 17 March

From 17 March to further notice South complex only
club lounges at T5A North and T5B closed

corporate-wage-slave Mar 16, 20 12:58 pm

Thanks for that, it was inevitable at some point. My understanding is that CCR and Flounge continue to be open, and no changes at T3 or LGW.

HFHFFlyer Mar 16, 20 1:01 pm

Thanks.

Will north security be open, or just south security and TFW?

Hawk777 Mar 16, 20 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer (Post 32194137)
Thanks.

Will north security be open, or just south security and TFW?

not sure on security but would be surprised to be honest

Betteronacamel Mar 16, 20 2:31 pm

Wouldn't this be a good opportunity to do the lounge refurbishments and deep clean/renovation of the showers?

Fatdickie Mar 16, 20 2:43 pm

Should close them all
and just keep the CCR Open 😉 for everyone and drop the entry requirements to silver and above

UKtravelbear Mar 16, 20 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Betteronacamel (Post 32194537)
Wouldn't this be a good opportunity to do the lounge refurbishments and deep clean/renovation of the showers?

That would cost money and I would imagine BA won't spend on what are in effect non essentials at the present.

Also hard just to turn on the tap for workers doing either of those activities.

DrAJ Mar 16, 20 3:40 pm

T5 north today

Lovely and quiet. Or sense of impending doom depending on your outlook.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ceef8e01fd.jpg

TyneTraveller Mar 16, 20 3:54 pm

No changes at T3 or LGW to date, or any of the UK regions for that matter. With MAN switching terminals in the near future I wouldn't be surprised if something gives there at some point soon.

Jordi14 Mar 17, 20 3:41 am

The BA lounge in Brussels was also closed on Saturday, until the 3rd of April. (for Now)
Instead we could use the Diamond lounge, which was nice!

Genius1 Mar 17, 20 4:16 am

Nice to see Galleries Club North has received some of the new-style furniture.

fotographer Mar 17, 20 7:20 am

I was there yesterday... never seem both lounges so quite. sad

Krisz Mar 17, 20 7:54 am

Iím just here in T5. I can confirm that both north and south security open. First Wing security is open I was the only one going through however an older couple was taking their time to put things back in their bags. First class lounge quite empty. CCR not busy at all. I havenít checked the business class upstairs.
interesting fact that as it should be the busy period both scanner lane were open in the First Wing. I would thought one would be closed.

Heathrow Express running short trains as well. Not many people using it though. The two trains Iíve seen both had configured business first in the Paddington end.

DrAJ Mar 17, 20 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 32196631)
Nice to see Galleries Club North has received some of the new-style furniture.

Yes I thought so too. How new is it? Normally far too busy to contemplate the terrace so no idea how long it has actually been there!

Genius1 Mar 17, 20 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by DrAJ (Post 32199396)
Yes I thought so too. How new is it? Normally far too busy to contemplate the terrace so no idea how long it has actually been there!

Not sure, I haven't been in a Club lounge in T5A for some time - although if BA don't grant status extensions I may well find myself there this year!