Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 : BA network lounge closures, effective 17 March

Covid-19 : BA network lounge closures, effective 17 March

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 10, 20, 6:26 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Latest update: 4 July

London airports
London Heathrow Terminal 5

T5A Concorde Room : CLOSED
T5A Galleries First : reopened 4 July
T5A Galleries Club South : reopened 4 July
T5A Elemis Spa: CLOSED
T5A Galleries Club North : CLOSED
T5B Galleries Club : CLOSED (including Elemis Spa)
T5A Galleries Arrivals : CLOSED (Elemis Spa CLOSED)

London Heathrow Terminal 3
Galleries First : CLOSED
Galleries Club : CLOSED
Elemis Spa : CLOSED
--
AA International First Class Lounge: CLOSED
AA Admirals Club : CLOSED
AA Arrivals Lounge : CLOSED
CX First Class Lounge: CLOSED
CX Business Class Lounge: CLOSED
The Qantas London Lounge : CLOSED

London Gatwick South
British Airways First Lounge : CLOSED
British Airways Club Lounge : CLOSED

Outstations
Aberdeen
British Airways Lounge : CLOSED

Amsterdam Schiphol

Berlin
Terraces : CLOSED

Bermuda
First Lounge : No data
Executive Club Lounge : No data

Boston
British Airways Lounge : CLOSED (including First and Club Dining)

Brussels
Galleries : CLOSED

Cape Town
British Airways Lounge : OPEN

Chicago O'Hare
First Lounge : CLOSED

Dallas Fort Worth Terminal D
AA Flagship Lounge : CLOSED (including Flagship Dining)
AA Admirals Club : CLOSED

Dubai

Edinburgh

Geneva

Glasgow

Hong Kong
The Wing First : OPEN
The Wing Business : CLOSED
The Deck : CLOSED
The Bridge : CLOSED
The Pier First : CLOSED
The Pier Business : CLOSED
Qantas Hong Kong Lounge : CLOSED

Houston
Executive Club Lounge : CLOSED

Johannesburg
British Airways Lounge : OPEN (including First Dining)

Lagos

Los Angeles TBIT
Qantas First Lounge : (closure expected end of March)
oneworld Business Lounge : (closure expected end of March)

Manchester

Miami
AA Flagship Lounge : CLOSED (including Flagship Dining)
AA Admirals Club D30 : CLOSED
AA Admirals Club D15 : CLOSED

Milan Linate

Newcastle

New York JFK
Concorde Room : CLOSED
British Airways First Lounge : CLOSED
British Airways Club Lounge : CLOSED

New York Newark
Galleries : CLOSED (including First and Club Dining)

Philadelphia

Rome Fiumicino

San Francisco
British Airways Lounge : CLOSED (including First Dining)

Seattle
First Lounge : CLOSED

Singapore
British Airways Lounge :
CLOSED
Qantas First Lounge : CLOSED
Qantas Business Lounge : CLOSED
Qatar Airways Lounge : No data

Vancouver

Washington Dulles
British Airways Lounge : CLOSED (including First and Club Dining)

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 19, 20, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP;Life time PLT; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
You may wish to reread my post again if you feel what was written is an attack. It isn't, and it certainly wasn't meant to be. My sole intent was to provide one view as to why some contributors here may find the closure of the CCR dramatic. I make no apology for being concerned for the welfare of the staff there. Whilst it may not be dramatic to you, it is no surprise to me that those who visit the CCR regularly are concerned about the welfare of those they care about.

I'm sorry if my comments made you feel left out, that was not my intent. I am equally concerned for the staff at other lounges and airports (and restaurants and bars etc) that I frequent and who I know well, but I didn't mention them specifically because I was responding to a post regarding the CCR.
Thanks. Re-read your post which still suggests that you, as a regular ccr member, make judgements about the original poster and you are concerned about the ccr staff welfare. If you troubled to read my post, I clearly stated that, in this crisis, staff jobs, their families are key. Why you need to reiterate that you make no apology for the staff there, I have no idea...you are not alone, why do you think you are?
I don't feel left out, but thanks for asking. I am a visitor to the CCR on my frequent travels but more in terminal 3 for long haul...but does it really matter? As an "ambassador" a more reasoned approach not suggesting others were NOT thinking of the staff might have been helpful. Use of dramatic language is quite inappropriate. The closure of one lounge in one airport when the world is in crisis is not "dramatic"!
Old Mar 19, 20, 8:56 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by krispy84 View Post
And I can understand that. It’s natural that regular (or irregular) CCR users may feel the closure situation more intensely.

My point wasn’t about feelings in response to the CCR closure. It was about a posters use of the CCR closure as an indication that LHR itself is ‘pretty much’ closed. I think that is an overly dramatic extrapolation of the situation. OP’s exact wording below:

“Reason why, it's an image showing the state of the world that an international airport in London has pretty much closed. Who would have thought just a few weeks back.”
Isn't it? I thought it was pretty much closed. I haven't been there for 4 weeks. Just going by the news and FT.

on the people thing, , we (me and OH) have seen some of them regularly for the past five years and knowing they are gone with no PTO is also sad.

Anyway I already miss flying.

Ps . If there is an inner club, I haven't been invited .... Arghhh.

Edit to add. Funny that someone calling a picture dramatic , turns into a drama. That made me happy!!!

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Mar 19, 20 at 9:27 am
Old Mar 19, 20, 9:36 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by wemyss View Post
Thanks. Re-read your post which still suggests that you, as a regular ccr member, make judgements about the original poster and you are concerned about the ccr staff welfare. If you troubled to read my post, I clearly stated that, in this crisis, staff jobs, their families are key. Why you need to reiterate that you make no apology for the staff there, I have no idea...you are not alone, why do you think you are?
I don't feel left out, but thanks for asking. I am a visitor to the CCR on my frequent travels but more in terminal 3 for long haul...but does it really matter? As an "ambassador" a more reasoned approach not suggesting others were NOT thinking of the staff might have been helpful. Use of dramatic language is quite inappropriate. The closure of one lounge in one airport when the world is in crisis is not "dramatic"!
Isn't this FT?

Picture , is dramatic, in the context of the world in crisis.

It's closed because there is a crisis. That's the point.

I really miss flying.
CharlotteC likes this.
Old Mar 19, 20, 10:07 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
Folks, as we now appear to be somewhat closer to a mutual understanding of others' motives, perhaps we might return to something more fact based again?

/mod
Old Mar 20, 20, 12:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
First wing shut not even bag drops checkin available.
you need to use the CW checkin area then any main security of your choice.
magic door still in operational for all eligible passengers but CCR is closed. You can walk through to save the shopping maze.
Old Mar 20, 20, 12:48 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
…magic door still in operational for all eligible passengers but CCR is closed. You can walk through to save the shopping maze.
Are they letting non-CCR-eligible people use the magic door to access GF now that the First Wing and the CCR are shut?
Old Mar 20, 20, 12:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
May have missed it (?) .... but haven’t spotted any mention of BA Arrivals Lounge @ T5.

Made use of it yesterday morning, for shower + breakfast (between approx 09.30 and 10.45), having come in on BA250 from SCL.

Eerily quiet : I was the the sole guest in Concorde Breakfast Room (and saw just two or three others in main outer lounge area)

Not sure how much longer it will remain open. Staff I spoke to seemed, understandably, in low spirits.
Old Mar 20, 20, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ExpatExp View Post
Are they letting non-CCR-eligible people use the magic door to access GF now that the First Wing and the CCR are shut?
nope. Only with a First ticket or with CCR card. Others were sent down the usual route.
also not sure how long even this will be working. The situation changes quickly.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Mar 20, 20, 8:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

The lounge at MAN is now closed until further notice.

Possible lounge closures email:

Due to these unprecedented circumstances, with the current rules imposed by different countries and reduction of flights, we’ll have to make changes to our lounge availability.

Due to these unprecedented circumstances, with the current rules imposed by different countries and reduction of flights, we’ll have to make changes to our lounge availability.

Before you fly, we recommend you check the latest lounge availability here as some of our British Airways and partner lounges will close temporarily

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...=1584713653651
Old Mar 20, 20, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Spire
It’s really quite sad in T5 Flounge / Gold Wing closed and walked through an empty CCR. Staff being kind and helpful and having just seen G-EUNA depart it really has hit home.

Today and tomorrow my last BA flights for a while.
Old Mar 20, 20, 10:38 am

NCL Terraces closed
​​​​
Old Mar 20, 20, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have received an email from BA telling me about lounge closures, and pointing me to the main oneworld Lounge Directory, were indeed the CCRs are shown as temporarily closed.
Old Mar 20, 20, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
The AA arrivals lounge has also closed. I've updated the wiki

Source - one mile at a time

https://onemileatatime.com/american-...-first-dining/
Old Mar 20, 20, 2:46 pm
GVA

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy LTT, United Silver, LH Unelected fool, Carrot Rewards
GVA lounge closed now also.
Old Mar 20, 20, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
... I'm also sad for the very many people who pass through CCR on the way to some big adventure in their lives, honeymoons, trips of a lifetime and so on.

I wrote “how sad” about the Concorde Room closing in an earlier post. The point you made was my reason for doing so.

I had a Concorde Room Card for a few years so I got to know the place a bit.

The time I liked it best was not a day with loads of celebrities. It was not a day with politicians there. It was a Saturday, a day I wasn’t usually there, with fewer business travellers, and there was a group of three or four at the bar. They were enjoying themselves, having a drink, a laugh, a nibble and a photo. All discreetly done, without hindering any other passengers.

They were happy passengers, looking forward to a nice time onboard and maybe an adventure on landing.

It is different now.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: