How long for refunds to be processed

Old Mar 1, 21, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
thanks for all the advice and assistance. I did rebook for free under the BWC policy and did not receive, or was offered, a voucher for the difference at any time.

I called BA again just as BA refund helper's post came through and was told by the agent that he would refer it back to customer relations for the residual refund and that he was aware of a number of similar issues lately.
This afternoon customer relations came back with the following response.

"So you're aware, Customer Relations have no involvement with refunds and we can't change the outcome of any refund request. The details of your complaint have been passed to Customer Relations so we can log your feedback.

As the team advised, the £XX is non-refundable as you changed to a flight with a lower fare. If you need to know any further information about our refund policy, please contact our Change Booking team on 0344 493 0787, followed by option two. Alternatively, our Gold Executive Club can discuss this with you again."
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 1, 21, 8:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer View Post
As the team advised, the £XX is non-refundable as you changed to a flight with a lower fare. If you need to know any further information about our refund policy, please contact our Change Booking team on 0344 493 0787, followed by option two. Alternatively, our Gold Executive Club can discuss this with you again.
I guess what is confusing this is if you did a change in normal times most fare rules state you don't get a refund if the new itinerary is cheaper, although you would normally also pay a change fee.

Anyway, glad to see BA refund helper is able to help you now.
Old Mar 1, 21, 11:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
today is day 14 of a refund. nothing happened exept the GUF2 voucher refund. Should I be worried or is 14 days still okay?
Old Mar 1, 21, 12:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Nephoi View Post
today is day 14 of a refund. nothing happened exept the GUF2 voucher refund. Should I be worried or is 14 days still okay?
I would leave it a month. Hopefully it won't be long now.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Mar 2, 21, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
I would leave it a month. Hopefully it won't be long now.

half the money is back. the 490 EUR additional fare collection after rebooking/rescheduling the booking isnt paid back yet. Callcenter wouldnt help and asked for patience.
Old Mar 3, 21, 8:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Another public nod to BA refund helper here. You are an absolute credit to BA. Thank you!

My March 2020 ticket, cancelled and rescheduled to July 2020, cancelled and rescheduled to February 2021 and then cancelled again by BA, right at the end of ticket validity, was requested to be refunded mid January. Six weeks and two phone calls later I messaged BA refund helper on here. 3 working days later, yesterday, funds were back on my card. It was a relatively simple booking and should not have taken that long, but it's great to have a really reliable point of contact for such cases.
Old Mar 4, 21, 4:16 am

Just an observation on two similar BAH bookings I have had cancelled recently.

First one I got the text saying booking would be cancelled and refunded unless I responded within 48 hours. I called as it was close to the balance payment date and I did not want to pay it or lose the deposit. Agent said no problem, I will expedite the refund, don’t do anything regarding the text. Still waiting 3 weeks later for funds to appear!

2nd one I basically ignored the text, got the ‘booking will be cancelled and refund will be made as no reply’ follow up text and funds back on account within 4 working days!

i won’t bother phoning again if my other bookings meet the same fate!
Old Mar 5, 21, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
I guess what is confusing this is if you did a change in normal times most fare rules state you don't get a refund if the new itinerary is cheaper, although you would normally also pay a change fee.

Anyway, glad to see BA refund helper is able to help you now.
Following the great assistance of BA refund helper the remaining amount was refunded on my partner's credit card this morning.
Old Mar 5, 21, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer View Post
Following the great assistance of BA refund helper the remaining amount was refunded on my partner's credit card this morning.
not all heroes wear capes...
geo1005, alex67500 and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Mar 6, 21, 4:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Just a quick mention of BA Holidays again. On Thursday I called to cancel a booking which has had a larger number of date changes and cancellations and reissues. The money was back on my card on Saturday with my AMEX account saying that the refund was actually received on the 4th, i.e. the day that I called to cancel the ticket.
Old May 18, 21, 6:05 am

How long for a refund?

I recently had to cancel my avios ticket due to a cruise cancellation. The avios were redeposited immediately, and the rep said the refund of taxes less $55 fee will be 7 to 10 business days. Have they been keeping to that time frame, as we are around 12 business days as of today. I already rebooked for 2022,so am anxiously awaiting the refund.
Old May 18, 21, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
It can depend if it was a straight ticket booked online, and had no changes, then this tends to happen very swiftly. Two weeks ago I had a refund back to my debit card two days later in this instance. If it has been manually changed and reticketed it can take a while longer, and indeed require a chase. There's quite a few recent experiences on this thread to give you a taste...How long for refunds to be processed - Page 65 - FlyerTalk Forums
Old May 18, 21, 6:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by wesport View Post
I recently had to cancel my avios ticket due to a cruise cancellation. The avios were redeposited immediately, and the rep said the refund of taxes less $55 fee will be 7 to 10 business days. Have they been keeping to that time frame, as we are around 12 business days as of today. I already rebooked for 2022,so am anxiously awaiting the refund.
Why not send a message to BA refund helper ? He may be able to assist you.
Old May 18, 21, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Another thread reminded me to post this: I cancelled a clutch of Avios bookings on 5 May, which were to have been for travel during the second half of May. The flights concerned had already been cancelled by BA. In one case there was an auto rebook to another flight, which I'd left unaccepted, but in the other case there was no auto rebooking.

The Avios were back in my account in minutes, as usual. The cash element was back on my credit card on 16 May.
Old May 18, 21, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
BA cancelled my LCA flight last Friday. I called in later that afternoon requesting for a refund. This was allowed and I was told that the Avios would be back in my account in 24 hours but the cash would take up to 28 days. Four days later and I haven't received the Avios and the flight is showing as having been changed to an earlier one on the same day. How long should I wait before I call in again bearing in mind that it took 40 mins to get through on Friday. The flight was scheduled for the 3rd June.

Search this Thread