Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
still waiting from end of Oct. randomly the agent checking on the phone today was the first who processed it, she was shocked it was still on-going!
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Does anyone know if you get an email when a manual refund has been processed? The reason I ask is that the card that is getting refunded was reported stolen and when I speak to the bank they assure me if BA refund the original payment card I won’t get the money back. I can submit a request for the bank to trace the money but I may never get it even if BA refund me. All sounds like a great deal of hassle made more complicated when I don’t know if BA have returned the money to the stolen card. At least an email from BA might get the bank to try and find the money.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I haven't got any emails at the point the refund has been done for any of my manual ones since March.

If it is Amex I know they would normally apply the credit to the replacement card. For other card providers I would assume that to be the case, but I don't have experience.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:52 pm
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
Hi, Michael Stevens, please PM me your PNR and I will look at it for you.
BA Refund helper
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:58 pm
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Does anyone know if you get an email when a manual refund has been processed? The reason I ask is that the card that is getting refunded was reported stolen and when I speak to the bank they assure me if BA refund the original payment card I won’t get the money back. I can submit a request for the bank to trace the money but I may never get it even if BA refund me. All sounds like a great deal of hassle made more complicated when I don’t know if BA have returned the money to the stolen card. At least an email from BA might get the bank to try and find the money.
Hello, we haven't been sending refund or reissue receipts, since March, in order to expedite productivity. Customers can request one online or offline, if needed.
Neilgcal - in light of your situation, please PM me your PNR and I will sort for you. We can only ever refund to the original form of payment, however. I have never heard of a bank not returning money to a customer when they now have a new card.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by BA refund helper
Please message me your booking reference, as something has clearly gone wrong here to be waiting so long. Apologies for that.
Just wanted to follow up to say this has now arrived on the CC - Thanks to your help! Much appreciated. Good to see it's the people that still make BA Human

All the best,
dylanks and alex67500 like this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Ask BA for the 23 ARN number beginning with 7 and then give this to your card issuer for them to locate through their systems.

Having worked in card processing for several years I can’t see how the card issuer won’t be able to apply the money to your new account. I’d suggest a formal complaint so yiu can go to the Financial Ombudsman if you have any difficulty. You can also complain to visa or MasterCard directly if necessary.

Send me a PM if you need further help.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
BA Holidays seem to be much better at refunds. Called on Monday to request a refund for a cancelled flight and the cash is showing back on my AMEX already!
Old Dec 2, 2020, 8:35 am

I have had one refund which landed 2 weeks ago from a cancellation in October. Still waiting on the other ticket for the same flight and cancelled at the same time to appear. It is quite annoying that they didn't sort both together.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Filled in the online cancellation form for 2 bookings on the 18/11, nothing so far apart from the acknowledgement email.

One had a few changes, so I'm expecting that to be sat in a queue somewhere, the other was a simple one way point to point so unsure what's taking so long with that.
These both arrived today, so happy about that. Turnaround seemed ok too seen as both needed manual processing (and one an e-voucher re-issuing).
Old Dec 4, 2020, 11:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
I cancelled an avios booking. Points in my account within minutes and amazingly cash returned to my Amex in only two days.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Cancellation on Tuesday 1st Dec, filled in the online form the same evening, I received an email on Friday 4th confirming and the money is back on the card dated Saturday 5th. I'm impressed.

(I also realised that 140gbp return to VRN in Club was actually a real bargain, I thought more money was coming back!)
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Got a seat change email last Thursday, turns out it was a cancel and rebooked LAX for next September. Part of an EDI-LHR-LAX-TUS-DFW-LHR-EDI BA holiday.
Arrival to TUS would have been over four hours adrift so emailed BAH on Friday with copy of passport and other usual ID details on Friday. Received a reply in 28 minutes and refund available on card today.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:28 am

My relatives flights (CPT-LHR-GOT) was cancelled 6 November, still waiting for refunds for Business Class Tickets. They only get excuses from customer relations and no interest to follow the EU-regulation. They received it today, after 35 days and two reminders.

Last edited by MPM1; Dec 10, 2020 at 1:33 pm
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Times seem to be slipping back again.

I cancelled a flight in early November, and nothing not even the avois had been refunded, so I called in on the 30th Nov and they told me that it hadn’t been processed at all, he then processed the avois and voucher refund, but still no cash back on the card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.