Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: DC, BAEC
Thanks Karfa & flashware. Note to self: add the spaces in the username!
flashware and KARFA like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 8:04 am

Thanks to BA RefundHelper for all their help on my booking - the refund arrived today after a lot of issues, but I was always kept up to date and appreciated the dedication to get the issue resolved. Thank you!
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
Thanks to BA Refund Helper. Avios were on my account yesterday and refund on my Amex today. Great service
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:08 am

Programs: BA silver
More thanks to the mysterious BA Refund Helper for a 48 hour turnaround on my refund. Great job!!
Old Jun 19, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
My 07Jul flight to MAD got cancelled on Tuesday morning. Called the gold line to request a refund, and it got credited onto my CC account the next day!
Old Jun 20, 2020, 1:52 am

Long time lurker wanting to add my enormous thanks to BA Refund Helper. A complicated booking that was sorted within the quoted 72 hours, having waited two weeks for the cash to be back on my Amex before I reached out. Fantastic service! Very grateful for the initiative, and for FT.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
3 weeks, and still waiting...

I had been planning not to trouble BA Refund Helper unnecessarily, though I may crack and ask for help soon!

I had an avios (inc companion voucher) booking that was cancelled by BA (because of the domestic legs being cancelled). I called up to accept the cancellation and request a refund 3 weeks ago but have not had any cash, avios or voucher returned yet. I tend to be suspicious that when several weeks pass with no action, there may be an underlying problem that won't resolve itself!
Old Jun 21, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Hi All,

BA still owes me £160 for a seat reservation on a "Covid-19 cancelled" BA holidays booking.

I received voucher towards future travel but no news on seat reservation refund for nearly 8 weeks now.

Is it time for a chargeback claim? Or any other options?
Old Jun 21, 2020, 6:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OGG flyer
Hi All,

BA still owes me £160 for a seat reservation on a "Covid-19 cancelled" BA holidays booking.

I received voucher towards future travel but no news on seat reservation refund for nearly 8 weeks now.

Is it time for a chargeback claim? Or any other options?
The seat fees will be included in the value on your Future Travel Voucher.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...clickpage=HOME

What happens if I've paid extra for seating or baggage?

A seating credit will be included in the value of your voucher. This credit has to be used towards a seating purchase when you make a new booking.

Baggage purchases will be refunded and will not be credited with a voucher.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Originally Posted by KARFA
The seat fees will be included in the value on your Future Travel Voucher.
Oh, many thanks, I had no idea. The form I used to request the BA package voucher only gave another link to claim seat refund separately and asked to mentioned on the seat refund form that this relates to Covid cancellation. I can't remember any wording that seat refund will be included in the voucher. And there is no voucher as such, apparently I am supposed to use the old booking reference to claim the voucher value. Hopefully BA will be able to see the total voucher value without me having to submit further receipts or jump through hoops.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 7:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OGG flyer
Oh, many thanks, I had no idea. The form I used to request the BA package voucher only gave another link to claim seat refund separately and asked to mentioned on the seat refund form that this relates to Covid cancellation. I can't remember any wording that seat refund will be included in the voucher. And there is no voucher as such, apparently I am supposed to use the old booking reference to claim the voucher value. Hopefully BA will be able to see the total voucher value without me having to submit further receipts or jump through hoops.
Yes, basically the value is held on the existing ticket rather than being a normal e-voucher. You should get an email once the FTV is ready to use as follows.

Booking Reference: XXXXXX

Dear KARFA

Your future travel voucher is here. Thank you for your patience while we processed your application.

Voucher code(s)
125-xxxxxxxxxx

You can use this voucher to pay or part-pay for a new booking. We'll give you another voucher if you don't use its full value. Your voucher has the same value as your original booking.

Flights or holidays booked using your voucher must be completed by 30 April 2022.

How to use your voucher
Simply call us when you're ready to book a flight or holiday, tell us your voucher code(s) and we'll complete your booking.

Get in touch

We look forward to welcoming you onboard when the time comes.

British Airways Customer Service
Old Jun 21, 2020, 8:26 am

I'm hoping someone can shed light on this matter: a few months ago I booked a BA flight with a stand-alone debit card (N26), which subsequently closed its operations in the UK after the latter's departure from the EU. The flight was cancelled by BA and I asked for a refund, but the agent on the telephone said they can only return money to the card that was used to pay for the ticket. The card provider says its former customers must find another way to receive refunds. Is there no other way to get this money back from BA or, as the agent told me, do I have to choose between a rebooking and an FTV? Grateful for any information you can give me! I should mention that I received excellent attention on the phone: another ticket on a different card was promptly refunded and the money arrived three days later. Still, it would be good if I could get the other refund too!
Old Jun 21, 2020, 8:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BA0558
Is there no other way to get this money back from BA or, as the agent told me, do I have to choose between a rebooking and an FTV? !
It isn't completely impossible but it's so difficult that effectively you best ask for the FTV or rebooking. The entire procedure is based about returning funds to the original card for financial security and compliance reasons,and an agent can offer no alternative to that. All you could do is get the agent to refund to the defunct card, your former card issuer to return the funds to BA and then there is a back office workaround to transfer the money a third time to your bank account, after submission of paperwork. This, as you will appreciate, takes months. In these days of internet banking by not-very-robust organsations, it's probably worth ensuring any significantly priced tickets go via a reputable merchant.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Just another post giving thanks to the wonderful BA refund helper; had waited several weeks and had only sporadic Avios and taxes/fees refunded over my two bookings; after a PM all the Avios and cash are now fully refunded, even after I had led a merry dance and confused the two bookings I had !

Many many thanks
Old Jun 21, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Another big thank you to BA Refund Helper, 5 weeks wait solved in a couple of days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.