Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2020, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by flashware
It's been more than 14 days so that's fine.
Thank you @flashware - much appreciated.
Old May 6, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Another day, no cash refunded, no avios points returned, still not even received a confirmation email. As I read the messages here and elsewhere I wonder what percentage of calls are following up on inconsistent service due to pot luck. Ironically I don't think the preferential favours pulled by the likes of BA Refund Helper put BA in good light, it's an admission of a problem rather than fixing it and encourages jumping in front of the queue.
Old May 6, 2020, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by varkey
Another day, no cash refunded, no avios points returned, still not even received a confirmation email. As I read the messages here and elsewhere I wonder what percentage of calls are following up on inconsistent service due to pot luck. Ironically I don't think the preferential favours pulled by the likes of BA Refund Helper put BA in good light, it's an admission of a problem rather than fixing it and encourages jumping in front of the queue.
‘Pot luck’ = certain defined criteria that make a booking ‘complex’ and needing manual intervention.
Alternative = everyone has to wait until the Indian government allows citizens to return to working in offices.
Reality = making the best out of a bad situation.
Old May 7, 2020, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hungry
Thanks Wembley. I had the same thing on Monday and rang Monday lunchtime too. No refund for me yet though. Was yours a flight only or BA Holiday booking?

Hi Hungry -- it was a basic, cash-only, Club World booking to/from Toronto.

My previous cancellation - Budapest on a combined cash / price match voucher, took a lot longer and BARefundHelper had to get involved. This was a refund request using the old online hack.. It was finally refunded, but it took a while. Still trying to sort out the price match voucher expiration date on that one.
Old May 7, 2020, 12:46 am

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Originally Posted by Wembleygal
Hi Hungry -- it was a basic, cash-only, Club World booking to/from Toronto.

My previous cancellation - Budapest on a combined cash / price match voucher, took a lot longer and BARefundHelper had to get involved. This was a refund request using the old online hack.. It was finally refunded, but it took a while. Still trying to sort out the price match voucher expiration date on that one.
Thanks. I got the first (biggest) part of the refund today on my AMEX. Just another Ł100-or so to go onto a Lloyds card!

The annoying thing is, BA taking just 4 days to refund to my BA AMEX, the AMEX guy I just got off the phone to said it will be 10-14 days for it to transfer to my current account lol
Wembleygal likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 4:41 am

LHR NAD return trip refunded today in full back to my AMEX card within 48 hours of my contacting BA Refund Helper, just as they advised.
So another public thank you from me to them. I shall now revert to my lurking mode here. I wish you all well.
Old May 7, 2020, 5:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by trevethin
LHR NAD return trip refunded today in full back to my AMEX card within 48 hours of my contacting BA Refund Helper, just as they advised.
So another public thank you from me to them. I shall now revert to my lurking mode here. I wish you all well.
Absolutely no need to do that, if we all did this then there would be nothing to read here. Good to see you had a swift refund, welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA Forum trevethin.
trevethin likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 12:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
A public thank you from me to BA refund helper for sorting in just over 24 hours a refund that had been pending for over three weeks.

BA are lucky to have people like you. Thank you for being here and thank you for going outside of your day job to help us all.
Old May 8, 2020, 3:06 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I'm still waiting on my refund for my flight to JNB which would have departed on 1st April. BA Refund helper organised the refund weeks ago but I followed up with BA last week and my booking was stuck with refunds as it was complex and I still don't have my money back.
Old May 8, 2020, 4:08 am

Does anyone know how long AMEX are taking to transfer refunds to current accounts ?
Old May 8, 2020, 4:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Does anyone know how long AMEX are taking to transfer refunds to current accounts ?
what do you mean? Have you got a negative cc balance and asked Amex to transfer to your bank account?

Usually if you get any sort of refund to you cc it just goes on the cc as a credit and that’s the end of it.
Old May 8, 2020, 4:40 am

My credit balance refund to a bank account took 3 weeks once requested.
KARFA likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by flashware
My credit balance refund to a bank account took 3 weeks once requested.
Wow 3 weeks that makes BA look super efficient in comparison...

Was that AMEX too?
Old May 8, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
The last 3 transfers have taken 8,9 & 10 business days after asking on chat - all in the last 45 days . All from cancelled cards too so no paying back the Avios/MR
Old May 8, 2020, 7:07 am

The second I saw a QR refund appear on my AMEX (Apple Wallet alerted me) I called American Express and it was transferred to my bank the next day. I find AMEX has excellent customer service in general.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.