Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2020, 10:17 am

Thank you BA Refund Helper - sorted my refund within 2 days after many weeks of waiting!
Old May 3, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, it doesn't show how much your voucher will be for when you fill out the form - and when you get the email to say the voucher is ready to use it doesn't show any value either.

It will be for 100% of the original amount you paid for the booking, and any ancillaries (seat fees, bag fees etc.), and any upgrade costs, but it won't include any changed fees for voluntary changes.

Thanks. Much appreciated
Old May 3, 2020, 7:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
Another person helped instantly by BA Refund Helper on here. Maybe we could send off a bit of positive feedback to BA for all the help.
Wembleygal likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 7:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by u01sss3
Another person helped instantly by BA Refund Helper on here. Maybe we could send off a bit of positive feedback to BA for all the help.
You can always use ba.com/welldone
u01sss3 likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 9:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by golfmad
You can always use ba.com/welldone
That's the best way. I used a golden ticket, I hope BA realise how important staff are before cutting jobs.
Old May 4, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Do you normally receive an acknowledgment from BA refund helper or even silence can mean that they are looking into it?
Old May 4, 2020, 6:17 am
dnw

Originally Posted by ringingup
Do you normally receive an acknowledgment from BA refund helper or even silence can mean that they are looking into it?
They have previously stated that they do not always reply but do look into every query within the scope outlined above. I have had refunds post 48hrs after each PM regardless of reply.
ringingup likes this.
Old May 5, 2020, 1:12 am

Hi pls kindly help

Hi please kindly help, how do I contact BArefundhelper I can’t see this? My flight is meant to be on Friday, and have been unable to contact BA at all.
Old May 5, 2020, 1:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jellyjosie
Hi please kindly help, how do I contact BArefundhelper I can’t see this? My flight is meant to be on Friday, and have been unable to contact BA at all.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Jellyjosie. If the first flight on the booking has been cancelled, and it is operated by BA, then you don't need to rush, you have 6 years to get your refund, however I wouldn't advise leaving it that long. This is assuming you don't want to fly. You first need to call BA if you want a refund, the BA Refund Helper normally works for those with complex bookings (which is a bit of a cult in this forum) where the retund gets stuck in a queue. But if you have a simple booking a quick call to BA will resolve this. People do get through, so keep trying, usually best early or late UK daylight hours. But if you have Skype or a package on your mobile phone, calling the German office should be fairly easy. The number is on BA.com under Help and Contacts at the bottom right of the screen.

After you have called BA and arranged the refund, the BA Refund Helper can be contacted by sending a Private Message to them, which you can do by going to My Flyertalk / Inbox.
Old May 5, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
My thanks to BA Refund Helper - I phoned the call centre on 5 April and was granted a refund, but after waiting 4 weeks there was no sign of it. Sent him/her a PM on Saturday just past and my refund arrived this morning (apparently it needed manual action to process). Fantastic service and if there is some way we can put in a good word for him/her to BA then I am sure many people would gladly do so, including me.
Old May 5, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
I am still waiting for a refund that was requested a month ago and had been sent 4 times but not actioned according to call centre. They said that Gold and Silver members waiting more than 7 days for a refund go to priority escalation to resolve - not sure if this is useful.
Old May 5, 2020, 11:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jimlad48
I am still waiting for a refund that was requested a month ago and had been sent 4 times but not actioned according to call centre. They said that Gold and Silver members waiting more than 7 days for a refund go to priority escalation to resolve - not sure if this is useful.
I think you should now send a PM to BA Refund Helper with your name, BAEC number and PNR, and ask him to investigate. If it is a refund in the India queue (due to its complexity) you could be waiting quite a while.
Old May 5, 2020, 12:01 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
One of my flights was cancelled on Friday. On Saturday I tried calling number as I didn’t want anymore vouchers but line kept getting cut off, so I contacted by twitter who did the cancellation within two hours. The avios part payment was returned immediately and credit card refunded on Monday. I was pretty impressed by the service
Old May 5, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Bonvoy
I called the US toll-free number on Saturday, May 2, around 1630 BST and it immediately connected to a gentleman in the UK to process a refund for an Avios-booked flight. The Avios redeposited immediately and he said that credit card refunds were taking 4 to 6 weeks.
Old May 5, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by jimlad48
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think you should now send a PM to BA Refund Helper with your name, BAEC number and PNR, and ask him to investigate. If it is a refund in the India queue (due to its complexity) you could be waiting quite a while.
If the refund is for a BA Holidays booking then BA refund helper may not be able to help. IIRC, jimlad48 had a Holidays cancellation or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.