Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Outstanding service from BA Refund Helper!
Avios refunded immediately and cash within 48 hours as promised.
Thank you!
Old May 1, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
What's the right amount of time after which I should ask BA Refund Helper to get involved? I thought originally it was after 7 days from a refund request, but I think that's changed.
Old May 1, 2020, 5:20 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
For those looking for a comparison, Ryanair have announced refunds will take up to 6 months - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52498691

M
Old May 1, 2020, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
For those looking for a comparison, Ryanair have announced refunds will take up to 6 months - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52498691

M
indeed O’Leary was on R4 this morning saying they usually process 10k returns a month, and they currently have 25million refunds outstanding.
Old May 1, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Adding my BIG thanks to Refund Helper. Two reservations 'stuck' for 9 weeks and 3 weeks refunded in 48 hours.
Old May 1, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
And... adding my (Public) thanks as well to BA Refund Helper - outstanding customer service! (BTW, if you can also fix it for my flight to run to SCL in mid-June that would be most appreciated ;-))
Old May 2, 2020, 4:03 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by TTmex
This is just based on something I observed with Virgin. Apparently they are encouraging paypal payments as this eliminates the need for a credit card company, who apparently have the right to withhold money from the airline if they feel it may be in risk of collapsing.
I hope that VS makes it through this, they are good and bring much needed competition, but I was disappointed to see that VS are incentivising the use of paypal through a decent sum of bonus flying club miles. With Paypal there is not the same guarantee, as there is with credit cards, that customers will get their money back should the company go bust. I'm sure many won't be aware of this difference and could be exposing them to risk that they can't afford.

But back to BA, where I have had a much better experience with refunds than I have had with other carriers who are flat out refusing a refund. I appreciate that a wait for a refund is not ideal and could be problematic for some, but on the issue of refunds, I think BA are doing better than most.
Old May 2, 2020, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Confus
I believe Paypal refunds stalled because of a particular issue at the PP end (I won’t repeat the exact reason in case it turns out to be Chinese whispers), but either way they should go through very soon if they haven’t already. Nothing conspiracy-worthy, sadly.
Thanks! I have one PayPal for the grand sum of Ł24.50 that I had been wondering about but not enough to bother chasing up, wonder if it'll appear soon then.
Old May 2, 2020, 6:15 am
Suspended

I had a flight cancelled end of March, phoned and asked for it to be cancelled 1st April, received refund 1st May.

Definitely not within the 7 days as required by law, but given this needed re-calculating (return sector cancelled, outbound already flown) with manual human interaction (although any right-minded business would have automated) that’s not a bad outcome in the current climate.

Leagues above Ryanair et al!
Old May 2, 2020, 11:04 am
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
Hello, a few updates for you.
There was indeed a significant issue between BA and Paypal which delayed refunds (nothing worthy of conspiracy though, just a technical issue) which delayed many refunds. For those affected - and i have had personal contact with many of you by phone or message - i apologise again but it was fixed on Thursday so those Paypal refunds where we had processed the refund have now gone through. Dealing with this issue delayed my dealing with some other queries, which again are done around my day job.
While the Delhi call centre (our largest) remains closed, there's better news in CPT with some capacity now reintroduced, helping those of you looking to phone for help. MAN/NCL/BRE/HKG all remain in full operation, albeit with significant numbers now working at home, with a clear internal escalation channel for refunds waiting over 14 days.

The Mumbai office is closed too at present so the refunds and reissues are consolidated mainly now into MAN. We are all working (along with some support from colleagues around the patch) flat out to assist you all, however cancellations for June are now happening too so there is a backlog. But we will get there, despite all the challenges.

In light of this, my support channel will remain in place for now (over 900 messages received so far) however can only be for those of you waiting over 14days. With apologies i can't also assist with BA Hols, Onbusiness, bookings in the future that you want to voluntary cancel, any future travel voucher queries/complaints or Customer Relations issues.

Finally (for those who have kept reading!) i would again thank those of you kind enough to send personal or public messages of thanks, and also for the positive words regarding BA's future in these challenging times.

Wishing you all a pleasant, and above all safe, weekend.

BA refund helper
Old May 2, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BA refund helper
There was indeed a significant issue between BA and Paypal which delayed refunds (nothing worthy of conspiracy though, just a technical issue) which delayed many refunds. For those affected - and i have had personal contact with many of you by phone or message - i apologise again but it was fixed on Thursday so those Paypal refunds where we had processed the refund have now gone through. Dealing with this issue delayed my dealing with some other queries, which again are done around my day job.
While the Delhi call centre (our largest) remains closed, there's better news in CPT with some capacity now reintroduced, helping those of you looking to phone for help. MAN/NCL/BRE/HKG all remain in full operation, albeit with significant numbers now working at home, with a clear internal escalation channel for refunds waiting over 14 days.

The Mumbai office is closed too at present so the refunds and reissues are consolidated mainly now into MAN. We are all working (along with some support from colleagues around the patch) flat out to assist you all, however cancellations for June are now happening too so there is a backlog. But we will get there, despite all the challenges.

In light of this, my support channel will remain in place for now (over 900 messages received so far) however can only be for those of you waiting over 14days. With apologies i can't also assist with BA Hols, Onbusiness, bookings in the future that you want to voluntary cancel, any future travel voucher queries/complaints or Customer Relations issues.

Finally (for those who have kept reading!) i would again thank those of you kind enough to send personal or public messages of thanks, and also for the positive words regarding BA's future in these challenging times.

BA refund helper
Thank you for your amazing efforts and sorry for being a bit of a nag. My refunds hit early this morning so everything is sorted now. I know many people are appreciative of everything you have done to help.

The warmest of wishes.
ttmex
KARFA likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Hi all.

When you fill out voucher claim on BA it dos not appear to want to tell me how much the voucher is for before I submit. Is this correct? Anyone had the same experience? I presume it's for 100 per cent of the cost of the booking?

All help gratefully appreciated and sorry if asked and answered already but this is a very long thread unfortunately.

EDIT: Sorry. I see vouchers only for flights to end of July. Mine is August. Apologies.

Last edited by alserire; May 3, 2020 at 8:12 am
Old May 3, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
With thanks to BA Refund Helper, all of the cash we were due has now been refunded and is back in our current accounts (via closed Amex cards!)

I think a few of us were in the same position regarding the cancelled flights being part booked with an earlier Customer Relations Voucher.

Has anyone had any joy getting their voucher back? It’s not urgent - I have no bookings planned, but I would like the value back!
Old May 3, 2020, 9:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alserire
Hi all.

When you fill out voucher claim on BA it dos not appear to want to tell me how much the voucher is for before I submit. Is this correct? Anyone had the same experience? I presume it's for 100 per cent of the cost of the booking?

All help gratefully appreciated and sorry if asked and answered already but this is a very long thread unfortunately.

EDIT: Sorry. I see vouchers only for flights to end of July. Mine is August. Apologies.
Yes, it doesn't show how much your voucher will be for when you fill out the form - and when you get the email to say the voucher is ready to use it doesn't show any value either.

It will be for 100% of the original amount you paid for the booking, and any ancillaries (seat fees, bag fees etc.), and any upgrade costs, but it won't include any changed fees for voluntary changes.
Old May 3, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by BA refund helper

BA refund helper
BA are very lucky to have you. Bravo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.