How long for refunds to be processed

Old Apr 22, 20, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Another data point for a simple cash booking that was cancelled. Called BA on 20 March and after hearing nothing tried BA Refund Helper on 20 April. S/he was unable to assist and told me to call the Gold Line again. Did this Monday and the money was back in my Amex account on Tuesday.
Old Apr 22, 20, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just received the your holiday has been cancelled and we will be refunding your money in the next 7-10 days from BA holidays for my second canceled trip. Do I believe this any more than the one I received over a month ago for my first cancelled trip, which I still havenít been refunded for?

Before anyone suggests ringing them, tried about 8 to 10 times a day for the last week and just get cut off immediately after choosing any options.
Old Apr 22, 20, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by kanderson1965 View Post
Before anyone suggests ringing them, tried about 8 to 10 times a day for the last week and just get cut off immediately after choosing any options.
Well thereís your problem. As even the most cursory glance at FT will tell you, donít select any options, just hold through them and youíll get connected to an agent pretty quick.
Old Apr 22, 20, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Confus View Post
Well thereís your problem. As even the most cursory glance at FT will tell you, donít select any options, just hold through them and youíll get connected to an agent pretty quick.
Tried that as well, line just gets disconnected.
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Apr 22, 20, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
I had the same issue when calling from mobile. I tried using a landline and it connected first time. Not sure if it was just a coincidence or not.
Old Apr 23, 20, 2:38 am

Hi

I cancelled my booking 30 days ago through the website and heard nothing; on the 16th April I contacted BA Refund Helper and within 24 hours I noticed that my avios had been returned (it was a cash booking with an upgrade using avios), so I assume that this was through the good work of BA Refund Helper (thanks!). I checked today and I am still waiting for the cash element of the booking (including the upgrade fee) to be refunded - I take it this is in process and will come back in the coming week? I notice that the booking has also disappeared from My Bookings where before it was showing as being processed.

Tim
Old Apr 23, 20, 2:50 am

This was what happened to me. It would still send me through to the recorded "please call back" then disconnect no matter what time i called.
Old Apr 23, 20, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by HGOLI View Post
Oh dear. Having used the link BA provided me with in their email yesterday that I received, informing me the holiday was cancelled, I proceeded to cancel my prepaid seats and as advised, included the Covid-19 in the reason for asking for my seat refund.

I have just now received another email from BA, saying I can receive a voucher, and if I want to cancel, 'I am pleased to confirm that your flights and land arrangements remain operational so we are able to fulfil your booking. As such, we are not able to offer a full refund"

Both emails quoted the correct booking reference.
An update. Following the first email from BA stating my BA Holiday (flight plus Avis car hire) was cancelled, and that I would receive a full refund, I then received another email from BA the following day saying the opposite! I was told my flights were still operational and that the refund fee was 60%.of the total cost.

Anyway, on the 15th April, I received a third email, confirming my holiday was indeed cancelled, and a payment adjustment of the 60% fee was noted, but the total refund to be paid into my account was 100% of the price I paid.

Despite a mix up at the start, which I put down to being completely overwhelmed with enquiries, etc, they sorted it out in the end and refunded very quickly indeed (the following day)

Well done BA. - I am just waiting for my seat selection refund now :-)
Old Apr 23, 20, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
One itinerary I cancelled on Tuesday morning I got the Avios back immediately and the refund was on my Amex this morning. No complaints there whatsoever. I even ended up a $100 ahead due to the Euro going up in the meantime against the Canuck buck. My other one has to be handled by India as I had flown the outbound leg already so I imagine that will take awhile but I understand that. So well done BA
ABlue likes this.
Old Apr 24, 20, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Gold/AF Gold/HHonors Gold/AMEX Plat/Bonvoy Gold/TAP Miles and Go Gold
Had a refund holding for over 30 days and the Refund Helper did help! I got it today after 2 days of contacting him/her! Other refund started on Tuesday got back to my Amex today! Amazing idea of BA and I thank the BA Refund Helper for this!
Old Apr 24, 20, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by flashware View Post
Thanks to BA refund helper (again), managed to push through some refunds (again) so total time for refund was 19 days on a simple cash booking.
Of the 4 that were pending, 3 were returned in full and 1 has been half refunded. Will wait for a few days to see if it shows up otherwise will need to reach out again.
Old Apr 24, 20, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, LH M&M
BA cancelled the LHR-JNB leg of our ABZ-LHR-JNB 2-4-1 flight on Wednesday morning. We were due to fly 10th May. Also had a cash booking for JNB to WDH on the 11th May.

We had had 2 goes at calling and got connected on the 3rd attempt. This was at 09:48, we got to speak to a lovely lady at 09:57. All sorted with no hassles, no mention of a voucher. The 2-4-1 voucher was back in our account almost straight away as were the Avios.
Today (Friday) the funds are back on our Amex CC, taxes and the seat fees. We also cancelled the JNB to WDH flights whilst we were on the phone and we have the funds back in our account also.
Well done BA, much less stressful than I feared.
Old Apr 24, 20, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
One of my refunds is taking 7+ weeks and counting. Itinerary paid for part cash (Amex) part Customer Relations voucher.
BA has no clue whatsoever about what's going on - apparently my refund now sits with the "Head of complex refunds" - I literary had to hold back the laughter whilst on the phone.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Apr 24, 20, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by 81romeo View Post
One of my refunds is taking 7+ weeks and counting. Itinerary paid for part cash (Amex) part Customer Relations voucher.
BA has no clue whatsoever about what's going on - apparently my refund now sits with the "Head of complex refunds" - I literary had to hold back the laughter whilst on the phone.
If you haven't already I would suggest you send a PM to 'BA refund helper' with details of your booking. They have helped many on here.
​​​
81romeo likes this.
Old Apr 24, 20, 4:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 81romeo View Post
The ones with previous CR vouchers are proving very difficult to get sorted. I have a similar one which is my only one I am waiting for now.

Search this Thread