Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Called YouFirst on Thursday night and she had to send the refund off for manual calculation, but already received it today back to my card!
Old Mar 23, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Its been 12 days now

Hmm, reading this forum looks like many have recieved their refunds in a reasonable time scale. BA cancelled my Avios booking and I declined the alternative and opted for the full cash refund (and I assume my avios and Amex 2-4-1 voucher). I got an immediate email stating my refund was being processed and a similar message is shown on MMB.

I did send a message via Twitter and they just said the processing should take 5-7 days

I don't want to bother calling BA as my flights was not due to fly until late April. However has anyone still got a refund pending after 12 days from making the application for refund?
Old Mar 23, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Currently on 10. Same as you - “processing”.
FlyingWelshie likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
I don't want to bother calling BA as my flights was not due to fly until late April. However has anyone still got a refund pending after 12 days from making the application for refund?
Yes, have an Avios booking refund currently at 16 days.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
1 x Avios booking cancelled by BA - still waiting avios and cash to be redeposited - 11 days and counting
1 x Avios booking cancelled by me - return of avios next day (zero cash due)
The second booking was the return leg of the first (booked as 2 singles)
Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Hmm, reading this forum looks like many have recieved their refunds in a reasonable time scale. BA cancelled my Avios booking and I declined the alternative and opted for the full cash refund (and I assume my avios and Amex 2-4-1 voucher). I got an immediate email stating my refund was being processed and a similar message is shown on MMB.

I did send a message via Twitter and they just said the processing should take 5-7 days

You may need to chase up again. I think any manual intervention can cause a delay. I had a full cash refund from 6th March that included a GUF2 -that was the manual intervention. The GUF came back into my account instantly.
I received the refund yesterday after a second follow up call last Friday. The GGL rep I dealt with was first class and allocated the refund as priority with a case number. I had some other refunds that all came through yesterday.

Good luck.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by fatmac70
You may need to chase up again. I think any manual intervention can cause a delay. I had a full cash refund from 6th March that included a GUF2 -that was the manual intervention. The GUF came back into my account instantly.
I received the refund yesterday after a second follow up call last Friday. The GGL rep I dealt with was first class and allocated the refund as priority with a case number. I had some other refunds that all came through yesterday.

Good luck.
I figured it might need manual intevention. I am only a Silver but my travel partner is Gold, do you reckon the Gold Line will be answered quickly and can she deal with them, even though the voucher is on my account?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flight (cash plus Avios) cancelled Sunday evening on phone. Refund came through on Amex this morning and all Avios credited.

BA exceeded my (low) expectations!
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:14 am

I figured it might need manual intevention. I am only a Silver but my travel partner is Gold, do you reckon the Gold Line will be answered quickly and can she deal with them, even though the voucher is on my account?
I would hope so. I am sure the calls centers are showing some flexibility - however I would hate for you to wait ages to get through and then the agent can’t help because your Silver calling the Gold Line. Maybe you could have your partner with you when you call - but that may not be possible.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by fatmac70
I would hope so. I am sure the calls centers are showing some flexibility - however I would hate for you to wait ages to get through and then the agent can’t help because your Silver calling the Gold Line. Maybe you could have your partner with you when you call - but that may not be possible.
Cheers for the tip - I called the Gold Line and got through in about 10 minutes. The friendly assistant was fine I was a Sliver. He sorted out the Avios and Voucher and now back in my account, he said the cash might take a few weeks.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Exec Club; Gold
Called today....cash flight + car booking with GUF2 to be refunded for late April (no online options).

Very short call....no email confirmation....no instant GUF2 voucher back. I anticipate a future call to the gold line in 14 days time.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:54 am

Cheers for the tip - I called the Gold Line and got through in about 10 minutes. The friendly assistant was fine I was a Sliver. He sorted out the Avios and Voucher and now back in my account, he said the cash might take a few weeks.
I would keep an eye on the refund - I suspect 7-10 working days due to high level of refunds at the moment but could be quickest. Before the crisis when I cancelled an Avios booking on the phone - Avios back in my account straight away and refund of taxes and fees was 2 days when advised it would be up to 7 working days.

Glad your wait time was only 10 mins, I hope generally wait times are reducing.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 1:47 pm

Called just now (24/3/20) for return departing end of this week. Was on hold about 45 minutes and told refund to credit card might take up to two weeks at the moment.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 4:24 pm

Refund processed and returned to Amex within 24hrs
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Adding another data point to this. Had a flight to Chicago ORD for April - the return leg was cancelled. Flight-only, full "cash" payment by credit card.

Cancellation notice came through last Thursday. I submitted (via website) claim for cash refund on Friday (using the Javascript workaround) - took less than 5 minutes overall. I note the funds refunded in full to my Amex on Monday (so next business working day).

A bit of speculation on my part, but everyone who has mentioned using Amex for payment has also mentioned receiving refunds very quickly. Coincidence...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.