Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
I am just wondering in what order these are processed, Hawk777? Assuming you are allowed to say. Is it the order the requests are received, flight date, luck of the draw......?

I have a couple "in the system" and am not fretting but some of the comments in this and other threads suggest some people are getting impatient and starting chargebacks etc. I wouldn't feel right about doing that in the current circumstances but my financial exposure is relatively limited so that might be a factor.
didn't spot any order in terms of flight date in ones.ive been processing I guess it would be date received but to be honest I didn't bother to look or ask just worked through them.

some of the problem with delay has been caused by our agents with distruption calls going to any agent some agents not trained in Avios bookings haven't been queuing things properly in order and forgetting or not knowing they have to out Avios back in acct rather then refunds doing that so customers get Avios back which should always be immediate should never be a wait for Avios to be out back into accounts unless agent makes.a mistake
KARFA, aahch, Iamnotlost and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks Hawk777. I have too much time on my hands to sit and ponder these things!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Hawk777
some agents not trained in Avios bookings haven't been queuing things properly in order and forgetting or not knowing they have to out Avios back in acct rather then refunds doing that so customers get Avios back which should always be immediate should never be a wait for Avios to be out back into accounts unless agent makes.a mistake
That may perhaps explain the lack of avios refund / 2:1 voucher in my case ... ironically, if they’d return those items, I’d happily rebook for end of year and wait (more) patiently for my cash refund ... I can always go via AMEX for that if they don’t pony up the cash. As it is, the longer they take the more hacked off I get - not for the time taken, but for the false promises of when they said they’d have this done, and likely I’ll get (most) hacked off when/if someone smash-n-grabs the flights I’ve had picked out for a week or two whilst waiting too.

To add further insult to injury, I’ve a second trip booked for May 9th (GLA-LHR-DXB) that’s just waiting to get binned next ... how to play that one then as it’s a complex booking (?) plus we have a separate booking for my daughter who’s joining us and we’ve UUA’d her return as she’s celebrating a ‘milestone’ birthday with us .... for once, burning through AVIOS has left me in a bit of a bind to help play the game here, for my benefit but also BA’s.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
didn't spot any order in terms of flight date in ones.ive been processing I guess it would be date received but to be honest I didn't bother to look or ask just worked through them.

some of the problem with delay has been caused by our agents with distruption calls going to any agent some agents not trained in Avios bookings haven't been queuing things properly in order and forgetting or not knowing they have to out Avios back in acct rather then refunds doing that so customers get Avios back which should always be immediate should never be a wait for Avios to be out back into accounts unless agent makes.a mistake
Thanks for all of your informative posts Hawk777. Does the immediate refund of Avios apply to cash bookings upgraded with Avios as well or just redemptions? I cancelled the former about 3 weeks ago and have had no Avios or cash refunded so far
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by britenbsas
Thanks for all of your informative posts Hawk777. Does the immediate refund of Avios apply to cash bookings upgraded with Avios as well or just redemptions? I cancelled the former about 3 weeks ago and have had no Avios or cash refunded so far
I'm in the same situation - cancellation on 20/3, e-mail confirmation. No action seen. Booking was cash+Avios to CW then POUG to First.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by britenbsas
yes for any booking with Avios if the agent does the refund correctly even if the cash element needs to be sent to manual refunds the Avios can always and should always be redeposited manually by the agent on the call
britenbsas and AnaTravel like this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by SirToby
Canceled an Avios booking via phone 19 days ago, also included a previous date change so "it needs to be handled manually".
Avios were refunded almost instantaneously but no email confirming the cancelation was sent out not to mention the pending money refund...
Same, but I did have seat selection charges that were refunded immediately. Makes sense that if the processing is in India it might take a bit longer. Mine was cancelled on March 18.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond
Spoke to BA last night re. my refund for taxes, fees for an Avios booking they cancelled to DUB. Was refunded Avios and 241 voucher immediately on 19th March but no sign of fees refund. They said I should expect to wait 14 - 21 days given the current workload.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Originally Posted by WardourWill
Spoke to BA last night re. my refund for taxes, fees for an Avios booking they cancelled to DUB. Was refunded Avios and 241 voucher immediately on 19th March but no sign of fees refund. They said I should expect to wait 14 - 21 days given the current workload.
still waiting for avios, 241 and cash two weeks on...
Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:54 am

Hawk777 does this apply to cancellations via the JavaScript? I cancelled 2 Avios 2-4-1 bookings just over a week ago. Auto emails received confirming cancellations. However no sign of Avios return, 2-4-1 voucher return or cash. Worth calling to chase or do I sit it out for now?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:47 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I am still waiting on a refund that was in process from Mid Feb and one from mid March, The mid Feb was a BA Holiday I cancelled and the mid March was a flight BA cancelled, annoyingly on the one they cancelled they are only refunding the initial £190 CE out ET back and refuse to refund the £59 I paid to upgrade the return.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by CT-UK
I am still waiting on a refund that was in process from Mid Feb and one from mid March, The mid Feb was a BA Holiday I cancelled and the mid March was a flight BA cancelled, annoyingly on the one they cancelled they are only refunding the initial £190 CE out ET back and refuse to refund the £59 I paid to upgrade the return.
There was an earlier report either in this thread or one of the related ones, where the person just had to get onto CS and then they processed the additional payment for the POUG/AUP to apply to the voucher. You may need to HUACA.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BGI Runner
Hawk777 does this apply to cancellations via the JavaScript? I cancelled 2 Avios 2-4-1 bookings just over a week ago. Auto emails received confirming cancellations. However no sign of Avios return, 2-4-1 voucher return or cash. Worth calling to chase or do I sit it out for now?
the javascript are going into manual queue so back office refunding but again Avios should be automatic
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:17 am

the javascript are going into manual queue so back office refunding but again Avios should be automatic
How about Avios bookings cancelled via the app? I cancelled one on March 8 - received an e-mail acknowledging the cancellation but no Avios or tax refund as yet.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Originally Posted by crowe
still waiting for avios, 241 and cash two weeks on...
Checked MMB and it now says in red that the refund is being processed which it did not a day or two ago, so looks like progressing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.