Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Confirmed US cancellations for 17 and 18 March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

USA Cancellations 17-18 MarchWe will be cancelling the all services on the following routes for 2 days:

BWI, LAS, BNA, MCO, PIT, CHS, DEN, PHL, SJC, TPA, AUS, MSY, PHX, SAN, IAH

Please follow the standard Conditions of Conditions of carriage

For flights that are still operating use the published USA guideline

Last edited by Hawk777; Mar 15, 2020 at 12:28 pm
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:08 pm

Do you have any information on flights from those locations for future dates?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by ar14
I don't have inside information but I was on one of these affected flights, I spotted the impending cancellation when ExpertFlyer showed the flight had been zeroed. Future dates I checked (e.g. 20th) are also zeroed, so I'd say cancellation is a near certainty.

(Aside: BA Gold line were superb, through in 15 mins, alternative flights all sorted, the agent even managed to sound cheery!)
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
(Aside: BA Gold line were superb, through in 15 mins, alternative flights all sorted, the agent even managed to sound cheery!)
I decided to rebook and managed to get through on the Silver line in less than 15 minutes, and I agree the agent did manage to sound cheery.

Before calling on the Silver line, I called on the normal line and it didn't even let me wait on hold. I just got cut off!
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would grab what I can. After tomorrow, AA's schedule for LHR is a daily flight to DFW and a few times per week to MIA. That is a joint venture revenue-sharing, so those who can still travel will likely be looking for BA space.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by ar14
None of those airports are on the list of 13 US airports through which arriving US citizens from Europe (and from the UK/Ireland after Monday night) are to be funneled for "enhanced screening." So I wouldn't expect BA to serve them anytime soon.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:47 pm
Suspended

For the benefit of the broader audience, here is the current list of airports authorized to receive passengers from "impacted countries" including the UK as of tomorrow. One would not expect this list to increase as the situation at some of these ports of entry is fairly dire with 5-6 hour waits for health screening.
  • Boston-Logan International Airport (BOS), Massachusetts
  • Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD), Illinois
  • Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), Texas
  • Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), Michigan
  • Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), Hawaii
  • Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Georgia
  • John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York
  • Los Angeles International Airport, (LAX), California
  • Miami International Airport (MIA), Florida
  • Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), New Jersey
  • San Francisco International Airport (SFO), California
  • Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), Washington
  • Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD), Virginia
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Often1
I would grab what I can. After tomorrow, AA's schedule for LHR is a daily flight to DFW and a few times per week to MIA. That is a joint venture revenue-sharing, so those who can still travel will likely be looking for BA space.
Also with noting the gradual suspension of other AA routes during the week ahead

“Suspending flights from New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), and LAX to LHR gradually over the next seven days to reaccommodate passengers and crew”, source: AA
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by chucko
None of those airports are on the list of 13 US airports through which arriving US citizens from Europe (and from the UK/Ireland after Monday night) are to be funneled for "enhanced screening." So I wouldn't expect BA to serve them anytime soon.
It was exactly this that made me realise that a cancellation was inevitable (the zeroing strongly suggested it), so was able to change to one of the airports that was on the list.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
AA is gradually phasing out flights to/from LHR over the next week. I believe only CLT, PHX, and PHL are going cold turkey after Sunday night.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chucko
AA is gradually phasing out flights to/from LHR over the next week. I believe only CLT, PHX, and PHL are going cold turkey after Sunday night.
None of the latter three are authorized to accept arrivals from the UK, so those services cease immediately.
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Overnight there have been quite a lot of cancellations to the USA pushed into the system. When I checked yesterday, flights in the middle of this week LON to NYC were typically showing 1 maybe 2 cancellations a day, but that has now expanded quite fair bit. Most of these are the AA codeshares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.