Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HUGE thank you

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:30 am
Original Poster

HUGE thank you

I won't clog up one of the busy Covid-19 related threads right now. But just to say that through all of this we all have sensible/silly/necessary/worrying questions. It's this forum that has clearly such an amazing collection of experts willing to help us all. And without wanting to single out anyone (but I will) I'd like to thank corporate-wage-slave and Hawk777 for their enormous contributions that are delivered day in, day out and in clearly spelt out posts. And a huge thanks to all the others who lend their knowledge to this board.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
I would also like to add my thanks to LTN Phobia (and numerous others) for keeping everyone up to date with the various (and ever changing) travel restrictions that are being imposed worldwide, as well as for keeping the forum in check and on point to help people.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ens100
I would also like to add my thanks to LTN Phobia (and numerous others) for keeping everyone up to date with the various (and ever changing) travel restrictions that are being imposed worldwide, as well as for keeping the forum in check and on point to help people.
Too right. One of the worst things when it gets busy is the random comments that take things off course (Hmmm.... the DYKWIA thread for one). There's so much stuff to search through if you need info and the organisation and cleaning up of threads is really helping.
ens100 and acucobol like this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:00 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I'll also say a big thank you 'on account' - I have a ludicrously expensive BA holiday coming up to Florida in August that I'd put at no better than 50/50 odds of happening now so I'm sure I'll need your collective wisdom before long (especially as Avios were used to upgrade, otherwise I'd probably just eat the cost of the deposit and give up now)

This forum really is a mine of expert information and advice, and is the real reason I am here year after year, and not just for the more lighthearted stuff...
ens100 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: BA GO, CX SL
I want to say thanks to this forum as well. It was here that I found out about Norway closing it's borders and that transits were not guaranteed to proceed. Ultimately, I was denied boarding to Oslo therefore had to book a new flight to get home. Some of the tricks I have learnt from this forum and flyertalk in general allowed me to remain calm and make the right decisions. Flying home from ARN with QR and a dose of Q Suites 😉
PAL62V likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.