Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stuck in Australia or NZ - What are the options? etc (combined thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
BA rebooking to QR as post 1225 in "BA Covid-19 Rebooking / Cancellation / Refund Help & Advice" thread

BA have released a guideline for rebooking cancelled services onto QR services that are still operating:
Published today (30-Mar-2020) at 5:26pm
Advice for British Airways-125 ticketed customers whose BA flight is now CANCELLED
Rebook onto: Qatar Airways
Routes/Airports affected: Any cancelled British Airways service where QR also operate the route via DOH, e.g. SYD-LHR rebook onto SYD-DOH-LHR
Tickets issued by: 28 March 2020
Ticket travel dates: 29 March – 30 June 2020
New travel dates: Up to and including 30 June 2020
<snip>
Post 902 link--> https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/australia/return-to-the-uk

BA16 SYD-SIN-LHR May be others
24 March Tuesday
BA16 did not allow LHR passengers to board, due to Singapore no transit rule enacted 23:59 23-03-2020
Richardc77
Mrs Richardc77

25 March Wednesday
BA16 did not allow passengers to board. Flight delayed 24 hrs
Richardc77
Mrs Richardc77

Navylad_freind x 3

26 March Thursday
BA16 SIN transit exemption granted late 25/03/20 as post 664
2 flights scheduled BA16D 16:30 & BA16 18:30 Both left late
Richardc77
Mrs Richardc77
I Claudius
I Claudius_+1
Navylad_freind x 3

27 March Friday
Sanjenni_daughter ADL-SYD-SIN-LHR-GLA

28 March Saturday
?

29 March Sunday
WesSnipes MEL-SYD-SIN-LHR
flyo MEL-SYD, SYD-SIN-LHR
cahillpm SYD-SIN-LHR-DUB
cahillpm_+1 SYD-SIN-LHR-DUB

30 March Monday
?

31 March Tuesday
Wayne Kisbee ADL-SYD(JQ), SYD-SIN-LHR
Wayne Kisbee_+1 ADL-SYD(JQ), SYD-SIN-LHR

to

9 April Thursday
Last flight BA to LHR as post 866 and 902
Post 902 link--> https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/australia/return-to-the-uk

Print Wikipost

Stuck in Australia or NZ - What are the options? etc (combined thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:00 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I'm sorry HK Govt has made that decision. Govt has decided to pander to certain NIMBYs even if the risk to the HKSAR is minimal (and up until tonight's closure, non-existent). I don't agree with the decision.

The decision is for 14 days. Hopefully after that (or in a month) we reopen transit and SYD-HKG-LHR CX100-CX251 (which is a very short connection - a couple of hours) or LHR-SYD-HKG CX252-CX101 (I think this one is over 16 hours transit, daytime) will become available then https://www.cathaypacificcargo.com/A...S/Default.aspx and https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...april-may.html
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:05 am

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the BA15, G-STBA has taken off from Singapore and is en-route to Sydney. Curious if any through passengers destined for SYD were allowed to transit?
ianwall likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
This just being reported.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...Vp4mPomBKl1gTg

Although a number of inconsistencies. Amazed Singapore would agree to this...

Edit - sorry forgot FT policy in required more details:
Great news! I too am surprised that Singapore agreed to this. The article mentions "special flights" so do we assume that BA15 and BA16 will continue as they are (and likely stop soon) and the UK government is organising repatriation flights that will transit through SIN?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Great news! I too am surprised that Singapore agreed to this. The article mentions "special flights" so do we assume that BA15 and BA16 will continue as they are (and likely stop soon) and the UK government is organising repatriation flights that will transit through SIN?
I’m more surprised to read that those being repatriated from Peru are going via Singapore...... I would treat it as a “directional” piece at this stage.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Just going to pop this here as may be helpful to some - I notice that MH has good availability on both KUL-LHR flights for the next few days (with 'reasonable' prices of circa Ł500 one way), but I have NO idea about Malaysia transit & immigration policy (be happy if I can be updated). Flights from Oz/NZ on MH seem to be largely cancelled or full from what I can see, not sure if Air Asia is still operating any.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
I’m more surprised to read that those being repatriated from Peru are going via Singapore...... I would treat it as a “directional” piece at this stage.
But this is Raab, the man who didn't realise how important the Dover to Calais crossing was when he was Brexit Secretary.
Kgmm77 and wilsnunn like this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:59 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
I think that's a typo...LIM-LHR is eminently within 77W's nonstop capabilities.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:40 am

BA 16

I've got my daughter on today's BA 16 , she was refused boarding on yesterdays flight like Richardc77 Really been worried for her as she is travelling with her ten month old daughter.

I see BA 15 is inbound ...can only be good news I really do hope so . My concern at the moment is , should the flight go ahead ...Will the flight be over booked? todays pax + yesterday's

Thanks, it's been a massive read with plenty of ups and downs along the way, fingers crossed for all that are trying to get home, I hope you all stay safe
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Dhan_Leno
I've got my daughter on today's BA 16 , she was refused boarding on yesterdays flight like Richardc77 Really been worried for her as she is travelling with her ten month old daughter.

I see BA 15 is inbound ...can only be good news I really do hope so . My concern at the moment is , should the flight go ahead ...Will the flight be over booked? todays pax + yesterday's

Thanks, it's been a massive read with plenty of ups and downs along the way, fingers crossed for all that are trying to get home, I hope you all stay safe
Good luck to your daughter and welcome to the BAEC FlyerTalk forum Dhan_Leno . I am hoping that the news mentioned upthread about the agreement that Dominic Raab has reached is indeed holding true and pax will be able to board, I must say that I personally am not convinced but I hope that I am surprised by the outcome!

Currently the seat map for BA16 (looking specifically at SYD-LHR) on 25th March (which I assume is the flight that you are talking about) is pretty much completely full.Fingers crossed it sticks that way.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Hi Dhan_Leno and welcome to FlyerTalk!

I hope that your daughter and your grandchild would arrive safely to their final destination.

Unfortunately, at the moment, there is still no information whether BA 16 on 25 Mar would be going via Singapore or not; accepting only Singapore citizens/residents or not... So, there is no confirmation that the flight would accept LHR bound pax who are not eligible to transfer at SIN.

At any second, something new could be implemented and things could change but if nothing changes, your daughter and grandchild would still be denied boarding in the current circumstances.

If BA finds a way for LHR bound pax without stopping at SIN, SIN bound pax would be offloaded and rebooked so there should be plenty of space. Also, there should definitely be some passengers who have taken other flights via other countries at their own expense; so it's too early to say something.
Dhan_Leno likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
QF1 currently en-route from DRW to SIN, after having flown SYD-DRW with the intention of flying direct to LHR, avoiding SIN - so "special flights" also includes QF1/QF2.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
My suggestion would be that all pax on BA 16 for 25 Mar not having a confirmed seat should go to the airport earliest as they could, especially those without status, in order to confirm their place.

Also, for parties with multiple people, be aware that you could end up sitting separately.
wrp96, wilsnunn and Dhan_Leno like this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by wheremattgoes
QF1 currently en-route from DRW to SIN, after having flown SYD-DRW with the intention of flying direct to LHR, avoiding SIN - so "special flights" also includes QF1/QF2.
Not sure I follow what you are saying here, do you have any more information? If it is doing SYD-DRW-SIN-LHR then how is it avoiding SIN?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
If it is doing SYD-DRW-SIN-LHR then how is it avoiding SIN?
The QF flight is doing SYD-DRW-LHR
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Flight Status Search:
Departing on 03/24/20
Flying QF flight 1

Comments:
"DOQF1/24MAR
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO *            QF   1    0 TU 24MAR20   
CITY INFO                                       HOUR (LOCAL)  

SYD  LEFT THE GATE                              1815            
     TOOK OFF                                   1845            
     ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL                  2128     DRW    
DRW  AIRCRAFT LANDED                            2128            
     ARRIVED                                    2147            
     LEFT THE GATE                              2328            
     TOOK OFF                                   2346            
     ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL                  0657     LHR    
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              QF   1    0 TU 24MAR20 ASM
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL  
SYD          1700  TU FAPJCDIUWRT/D       388         5:45      
                      ZYBHKMLVSNQ/D                             
OGXE/D                                    
DRW 2115  TU 2300  TU FAPJCDIUWRT/RM            1:45 16:45      
                      ZYBHKMLVSNQ/RM                            
                      OGXE/RM                                   
LHR 0615  WE                                               24:15
COMMENTS-
 1.ENTIRE FLT- MEMBER OF ONEWORLD                               
 2.SYD DRW   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 1                               
 3.DRW LHR   - ARRIVES TERMINAL 3                               
 4.DRW LHR   -   1/ MOVIE                                       
 5.ENTIRE FLT-  15/ IN-SEAT VIDEO PLAYER/LIBRARY                
 6.ENTIRE FLT-   4/ AUDIO PROGRAMMING                           
 7.ENTIRE FLT-   9/ NON-SMOKING                                 
 8.ENTIRE FLT-  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                    
 9.SYD DRW   - QF1 TO 399 DEP ARR INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL.       
1.ENTIRE FLT- MEMBER OF ONEWORLD                               
10.SYD LHR   - ADV PAX WWW.SMARTRAVELLER.GOV.AU                 
11.DRW LHR   - ADV PAX WWW.SMARTRAVELLER.GOV.AU                 
12.SYD DRW   -  CO2/PAX* 204.44 KG ECO, 408.88 KG PRE           
 (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR                  
CONFIGURATION-
               388  P  14   J  64   W  35   Y 371               
>"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.