Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Converting an eVoucher to cash

Is it possible to cash in eVouchers?

TIA
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by johnaalex

TIA
No, but they are freely transferable.
johnaalex likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by johnaalex

TIA
no.

i guess the only possibility is maybe book something you know is likely to be cancelled and you can get a refund if it happens, or another FTV if not. also note that evouchers can be used for anyone so you can use them for relatives or friends if they need to book flights.
johnaalex likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
no.

i guess the only possibility is maybe book something you know is likely to be cancelled and you can get a refund if it happens, or another FTV if not. also note that evouchers can be used for anyone so you can use them for relatives or friends if they need to book flights.
Or if I used an eVoucher to purchase a fully flexible ticket and then cancel would I get a full cash refund?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Peculiar glitch that just took over 25 minutes to *not* sort out (agent gave up and terminated the call).

Myself and a friend booked and flew two sets of return flights two weekends running a month back. All booked with eVouchers, BA day returns to Gibraltar and Newcastle. No funny business, just Y there and back, separate bookings, BA, day G class returns.

No Avios or TP posted for both. Went to claim and error. It seems our ticket numbers on the BP are identical to our third eVouchers numbers (we paid with three eVouchers a piece). eTicket number number on BP matches the third eVouchers number. 125-98xxxx .

What is the betting, someone, somewhere has coded this incorrectly and now the reason so many thousands are not having their Avios/TP post is their ticket numbers printed are indeed eVouchers numbers? Agent said it can take up to 180 days then submit a claim as "she had never seen TP's not post before". We went around in circles 🥺

Last edited by ScienceTeacher; Jun 6, 2022 at 9:53 pm
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:58 pm

When making a booking with an eVoucher online, the max for use is 4? Also to clarify, when redeeming it’s the first (or last) surname on the list of passengers from the original booking associated with the eVoucher, and not necessarily the lead traveller who booked and requested?

Last edited by pazza2000; Jun 8, 2022 at 1:22 pm
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
When making a booking with an eVoucher online, the max for use is 4? Also to clarify, it’s the first (or last) surname on the list of passengers attached against the eVoucher, and not necessarily the lead traveller who booked and requested?
Surname doesnt matter
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Surname doesnt matter
It does, I’ve locked a voucher by entering the incorrect surname when trying to redeem online. I have one single eVoucher with essentially 10 different surnames that could be associated with it.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
It does, I’ve locked a voucher by entering the incorrect surname when trying to redeem online. I have one single eVoucher with essentially 10 different surnames that could be associated with it.
I mean in respect to the names on the booking.....as per the question
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
I mean in respect to the names on the booking.....as per the question
Yes I see where it could be interpreted differently. Have clarified what I’m asking, apologies.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:55 am

all this is news to me I have a £1200 in a voucher for flights i decided to cancel sadly now i am ill and may never be able to use them. So basically from what i gather here anyone can use these vouchers, but presume it would be against rules to move them on for cash value
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:09 am

It's a bit unclear to me... Is it possible to use eVoucher (from cash booking) to book a redemption flight (avios + cash/fees)?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by oruvin
It's a bit unclear to me... Is it possible to use eVoucher (from cash booking) to book a redemption flight (avios + cash/fees)?
no you can’t do that. Evouchers can only be used for new cash bookings, not reward bookings.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It seems that I now have a FTV voucher - the kind you have to call to use - and a BA agent has kindly confirmed the amount.

If I call up to use that voucher on a BA flight that costs far less than the face value, does the leftover amount become a regular e-voucher that I can spend online normally? Do I lose the excess ££? Or do I have to keep calling and calling to spend down my FTV balance?

Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:01 am

You should get a new e voucher for any excess value you don’t use towards your new booking.
craigthemif likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.