Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by fdem
I have had 2 ftv refunds, both have come back showing standard Amex 2-4-1 voucher when they were originally premium plus as I have always held the premium plus black card, is this a new BA enhancement? A bit annoying as Amex charge for this level of card. Called Amex who told me to contact BA. Can’t face a long wait on phone right now and will wait a few days for recent IT outage complaints to fall back.
Couple of questions if you don't mind.

​Did you get notified by email that your FTV'S were about to be refunded? I'm assuming this was an involuntary refund?

I'm aware that BA have recently made the decision to refund a large amount of FTV'S rather than moving the value onto e-vouchers.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Hi everyone,
I have an e-voucher in my name and my husband has one in his name. His is considerably less than mine. I’m looking at a future trip in August and want to book both of us on the same itinerary. The cost of the ticket is less than my voucher and more than his voucher. (Hope that’s not too confusing)
Question is—can I buy the tickets on same iteinerary and apply both e-vouchers for total cost. *I do understand that I could apply multiple vouchers but wasn’t sure about my scenario since they are in are seperate names.
I did create a household account in hopes that might help.
Thanks for any tips.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by IzzyL
Hi everyone,
I have an e-voucher in my name and my husband has one in his name. His is considerably less than mine. I’m looking at a future trip in August and want to book both of us on the same itinerary. The cost of the ticket is less than my voucher and more than his voucher. (Hope that’s not too confusing)
Question is—can I buy the tickets on same iteinerary and apply both e-vouchers for total cost. *I do understand that I could apply multiple vouchers but wasn’t sure about my scenario since they are in are seperate names.
I did create a household account in hopes that might help.
Thanks for any tips.
Should be able to apply both if they are simple evouchers. Apply the less valuable one first if wanting to use both. The unused portion of your higher value voucher will be sent to your email as a new evoucher with the remaining value.
IzzyL likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Should be able to apply both if they are simple evouchers. Apply the less valuable one first if wanting to use both. The unused l portion of your higher value voucher will be sent to your email as a new evoucher with the remaining value.
Thanks for the response. I wouldn't have thought about applying the lesser voucher first.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:23 pm

I am GGL and would need to call BA to book a coming trip using Avios, as I need to use one of my jokers to unlock seats. A family member (not in HA nor F&F) has an EV that they would like me to use. Can I apply another person's EV to pay for the fuel surcharge + taxes of a redemption booking from my account? Can it be applied to phone bookings or must EV only be used online?

Last edited by carrotjuice; Apr 4, 2022 at 8:30 pm
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I am GGL and would need to call BA to book a coming trip using Avios, as I need to use one of my jokers to unlock seats. A family member (not in HA nor F&F) has an EV that they would like me to use. Can I apply another person's EV to pay for the fuel surcharge + taxes of a redemption booking from my account? Can it be applied to phone bookings or must EV only be used online?
Spoke to GGL - the nice chap in India says a cash EV can’t be used on an Avios redemption, even if the taxes and fuel surcharge amount exceeds (thus can exhaust) the EV value in entirety. Is this correct or a situation of HUCA?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Spoke to GGL - the nice chap in India says a cash EV can’t be used on an Avios redemption, even if the taxes and fuel surcharge amount exceeds (thus can exhaust) the EV value in entirety. Is this correct or a situation of HUCA?
Its correct you cant use an E voucher to make an Avios booking.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Anonba
Its correct you cant use an E voucher to make an Avios booking.
Oh but I don’t quite understand why though? I’m using it to pay for the cash component (taxes and fuel surcharge) of an Avios booking, which in itself isn’t insignificant. Cash is cash, right?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You can’t use evouchers or FTVs from cash bookings for new reward bookings, and vice versa you can’t use FTVs from reward bookings towards new cash bookings. This has been the case from day 1. It is quite simply a hard system limitation.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Is there anyway to use an EV for a new BAH booking or even pay off the balance of an existing BAH booking?

I’m really struggling to use a couple of EVs at the moment as can’t use them for Avios bookings and can’t use them for BAH bookings either it seems. So I’m stuck with flight only which seems very restrictive.

Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Is there anyway to use an EV for a new BAH booking or even pay off the balance of an existing BAH booking?

I’m really struggling to use a couple of EVs at the moment as can’t use them for Avios bookings and can’t use them for BAH bookings either it seems. So I’m stuck with flight only which seems very restrictive.

Thanks
You can make a BAH booking with deposit then email [email protected] for them to apply the voucher.
oxtailsoup likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Cash fare with Avios upgrade voucher?

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere already:

I have a PE flight booked with cash and upgraded with 40,000 Avios to CW (Flight booked for June).

If I have to cancel for a voucher, what is likely to happen, a voucher with cash value and Avios or will I get a voucher with the cash value and Avios credited to me BAEC account? If it is the former, will it need a phone call to re-book?

Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2022, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
If I have to cancel for a voucher, what is likely to happen, a voucher with cash value and Avios or will I get a voucher with the cash value and Avios credited to me BAEC account? If it is the former, will it need a phone call to re-book?
Initially you will get an FTV for the cash and Avios, which needs a phone call to use, however you do have the option, if calling up, to roll away the UuA first. Either way, however that FTV should turn into a refund within 7 to 30 days of both the cash and the Avios.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Initially you will get an FTV for the cash and Avios, which needs a phone call to use, however you do have the option, if calling up, to roll away the UuA first. Either way, however that FTV should turn into a refund within 7 to 30 days of both the cash and the Avios.
CWS... thanks.

So if I hadn't upgraded with Avios I would have received an eVoucher rather than FTV?

So just checking, if I cancel online for a voucher and do nothing I'll get a cash and avios refund in 7-30 days?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
So just checking, if I cancel online for a voucher and do nothing I'll get a cash and avios refund in 7-30 days?
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.