Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2020, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by tuonopepper
I rang to rebook yesterday after doing the prelim over the phone, all 5 vouchers had slightly different values than I was expecting but there or there abouts.

They couldn't price the itinerary so had to send it to pricing, I can the flights in MMB but haven't heard back yet, question is does it price on yesterday when it was submitted or current pricing whenever they get round to pricing it?

It's going to need a tweak anyway as they have me leaving one stop over before I arrive!!

Answered my own question....availability is held on the day it's sent to pricing so the cost is based on that date, not the day pricing eventually get to it.

if it needs a tweak anyway you will need to call to get the correct itinerary held so that is priced rather than the one you dont want.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
If I book using a voucher, does it get ticketed straight away and a POUG offer might appear in three days?
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by Anonba
if it needs a tweak anyway you will need to call to get the correct itinerary held so that is priced rather than the one you dont want.
Actually managed to get the tweaks done via DM to the Twitter team, great service from them as usual. Changes reflected in MMB so just pending pricing now, no SLA for that apparently done in date order.........
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:45 am

Tried to use an eVoucher last Friday for simple itinerary but so far (6 days further), BA did not ticket my booking. I called BA twice and sent them a Twitter message. They assure it's all okay and ticketing will follow. But since our trip starts in a few days - I think it's about time for them (and me) to get ticketed.

Any ideas on how to get ticketed? For what it's worth, I'm holding silver status with BA.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Are you checking the app or clicking on “print e-ticket” on MMB? I only ask as it seems often the new e-ticket isn’t emailed to you but it is actually done.
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Are you checking the app or clicking on “print e-ticket” on MMB? I only ask as it seems often the new e-ticket isn’t emailed to you but it is actually done.
Had this exact situation today. Hadn’t received rebooking email or ticket receipt for two eVoucher bookings. Checked online on mmb and under the email ticket receipt option successfully sent myself an email confirming ticket number etc.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Thanks for your help, but I keep on checking the BA app & MMB. In there, the e-ticket is still missing.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Ive been waiting over 5 months for an FTV booking to be ticketed even after chasing.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Ive been waiting over 5 months for an FTV booking to be ticketed even after chasing.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:34 am

Has anyone managed to use more than 3 FTVs on a single booking?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
Has anyone managed to use more than 3 FTVs on a single booking?
Are they all from the same booking? They can be combined into a mega voucher. The 3 limit is for eVouchers.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Angry

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Mega-voucher is indeed the terminology used. And separately FTV issue is often complicated by no-show flags. With so many bookings, millions of cancellations and resultant transactions queued up, and some of BA's contact centres closed, the whole ticketing database - usually carefully curated - turned into an unholy mess. There are mechanisms in place to clear the no-shows. The FTV number is the ticket number(s) of the booking that created the FTV, which is on the e-ticket email sent to you at the time of purchase.
Thanks CWS - yes, I have the ticket# - it's just annoying that the emails I get have 'Voucher Code(s)' then blank... . BUT really annoying, still no rectifiction of the problem, meanwhile, betwen Monday and today the ticket cost has gone up $300 each!
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Are they all from the same booking? They can be combined into a mega voucher. The 3 limit is for eVouchers.
Ok, as I thought then, ta.

I've just been told I cannot combine vouchers in different currencies on the same booking, another complication (which also seems slightly ridiculous). Was trying to use one in Euro and one in GBP on the same booking.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I *promise* I have tried the search function, but i'm drowning in vouchers as my organisational skills are awful. Is there a to see the value of e-vouchers / FTVs without calling up? I thought i'd seen a passing comment regarding being able to see the value on Qantas's website, but can't find the reference to this?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 1:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I *promise* I have tried the search function, but i'm drowning in vouchers as my organisational skills are awful. Is there a to see the value of e-vouchers / FTVs without calling up? I thought i'd seen a passing comment regarding being able to see the value on Qantas's website, but can't find the reference to this?
if it’s a voucher you can use online it will show the value in the email.

if it’s an offline FTV which you need to call to use it won’t show any value, just the voucher code. There isn’t anyway to check the value online, basically you have to find your original e-ticket in your emails and see what you paid, and add in any additional things like POUGs etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.