Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:08 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
no, unfortunately it can’t be used online at all.
Is the telephone booking fee waived in this circumstance?

I’m hoping the mix of Holidays vouchers, standard BA e-vouchers and these that I’m now holding can all be chipped off the value of a BA Holiday when we get into slightly more normal times.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:12 am

I have a booking for myself and 2 friends which I plan on cancelling for future travel credit. Will we all have to separately complete the process or will it be enough for just me as lead passenger to do it resulting in 1 travel voucher covering the flight cost for the three of us?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
So am I to understand that if I have an unused return flight that was reissued to a voucher, that the value of the return flight is all i get on the voucher? That means if I want to use the return as a one-way, it will cost thousands more than the value of the voucher. That does not seem right.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aerolaw
So am I to understand that if I have an unused return flight that was reissued to a voucher, that the value of the return flight is all i get on the voucher? That means if I want to use the return as a one-way, it will cost thousands more than the value of the voucher. That does not seem right.
vouchers aren't available for part flown PNR's
Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Is the telephone booking fee waived in this circumstance?

I’m hoping the mix of Holidays vouchers, standard BA e-vouchers and these that I’m now holding can all be chipped off the value of a BA Holiday when we get into slightly more normal times.
1 voucher per booking a cording to BA Twitter team :-(
Old Mar 28, 2020, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Hawk777
vouchers aren't available for part flown PNR's
Well I have one so you are incorrect.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAA Voyager prog
I have one too.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 5:02 am
Suspended

nope you've incorrectly been issued with one the t and cs are quite clear so t and c 10
  1. Applies to bookings made at any time for travel between 14 March 2020 – 31 May 2020
  2. Booked direct via our contact centres, ba.com or trade outlets.
  3. Travel on British Airways marketed fares only
  4. Excluding franchise airlines (Comair and Sun-Air)
  5. Bookings made on BA tickets only
  6. Date changes must be made, or vouchers requested before check-in closes
  7. Any fare difference between existing booking and new booking must be paid for
  8. No cancellations or full refunds unless fare rules allow
  9. Voucher can be used as part payment towards a future booking. It must be redeemed for travel on flights taken within 12 months from the departure date of the first flight in your original booking
  10. If you have already started your journey the voucher is not applicable.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
evening all

finally got an email from BA holidays saying I have £x credit, just have to log in and book something else.

Is it really as simple as that? Other people have vouchers that say to phone BA to arrange a new booking, but I guess this is the difference between flight only and BA Holidays.

So has anyone had similar and managed to book something else?

Since we are still looking to travel to the states, if the borders remain closed when the replacement flight is, can we cancel again for another credit note do you think ?

Cheers
TT
Old Mar 28, 2020, 5:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Is that shown as a 125 ticket number? If so, what are the 2 digits after 125?
Old Mar 28, 2020, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Hawk777
nope you've incorrectly been issued with one the t and cs are quite clear so t and c 10
  1. Applies to bookings made at any time for travel between 14 March 2020 – 31 May 2020
  2. Booked direct via our contact centres, ba.com or trade outlets.
  3. Travel on British Airways marketed fares only
  4. Excluding franchise airlines (Comair and Sun-Air)
  5. Bookings made on BA tickets only
  6. Date changes must be made, or vouchers requested before check-in closes
  7. Any fare difference between existing booking and new booking must be paid for
  8. No cancellations or full refunds unless fare rules allow
  9. Voucher can be used as part payment towards a future booking. It must be redeemed for travel on flights taken within 12 months from the departure date of the first flight in your original booking
  10. If you have already started your journey the voucher is not applicable.
Hawk that policy is for voluntary changes. Mine was an invol canx. I have a confirmation email from the Global Executive Team confirming that my canx return flight was converted to a voucher but it is for a cash value, but it is 1/2 the r/t J fare, which if applied for a future one way flight no where equates to the one way J class. That’s my only point. It’s not an equivalent exchange. But I guess it’s better than nothing.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 7:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If it was an involuntary cancellation of the return portion why didn’t you get a cash refund?
Old Mar 29, 2020, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Is that shown as a 125 ticket number? If so, what are the 2 digits after 125?
This is not the email most people are getting with a ticket number but no value displayed, it's got a value but no ticket number. I didn't mention at the start because i didn't think it was relevant but this was a car+flight booking not a simple flights, and it seems from posts elsewhere that BA holidays are treating this differently.

The email says
We have received your voucher request and have cancelled your British Airways Holidays booking accordingly.

You have £XXXX to use towards a future booking, please visit ba.com when you are ready to make your new booking and complete payment with a credit or debit card as usual.

If you pay a deposit on your new booking, we will reduce the balance due by the above amount. Alternatively if your booking is paid in full we will refund the voucher value back to the payment card you used for your new booking.

If there is a difference in price from the original booking, any increase is payable by you at the time of re-booking and any decrease is refundable with a further voucher. Please refer to terms and conditions here

It must be redeemed for travel within 12 months of your original date of departure.
Cheers
TT
Old Mar 29, 2020, 3:15 am

I applied for my voucher almost 2 weeks ago and received an email next day saying 'your voucher request will be processed and expect to hear from us within 7 days'.

I guess there's no rush to use it - let's face it, we have no idea what's coming up over the next 2-3 months - but would be good to at least see the voucher in my account.

Will be interesting to see how these vouchers work. For example, do they cover the tax paid? I guess the seat booking (£108!) won't be included and so on?
Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by travellingtechie
This is not the email most people are getting with a ticket number but no value displayed, it's got a value but no ticket number. I didn't mention at the start because i didn't think it was relevant but this was a car+flight booking not a simple flights, and it seems from posts elsewhere that BA holidays are treating this differently.
I think they omitted to say you need to call up to apply that value, I can't see how it would work otherwise. The email certainly implies the opposite.
travellingtechie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.