Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jgf
Can you use a voucher issued for a coronavirus cancellation to book a passenger other than the original ticketholder?
Yes. Welcome to the BA forum on Flyertalk.
bowlingformatt likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:51 pm

I have a direct open jaw to the U.S and back booked late April till early May.. Obviously that wont be happening now. Direct flights naturally get significantly more expensive the closer to summer it gets. But AA with a stop off tickets are only slightly higher than what I originally paid.

Can I use the voucher to purchase AA flights through the BA site?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:49 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by JR1987
As long as there's a BA codeshare on the AA flights that you're looking at, then that should be doable. Would have to be booked as BA marketed flights AFAIK.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 5:14 am

Cancellation voucher use

Slightly complicated, so please bear with me.

I currently have a flight booked with BA to Morocco for May,which given the current situation is unlikely to happen.

If I cancel now, I can get a full refund for my hotel booking and as I understand it ,BA will give me a voucher for future use.

(If I wait until BA notify me the flight is cancelled, the hotel refund is substantially reduced)

Later this year I had planned to book a flight to the USA using Avios and paying the taxes cash.

The flights would be to DFW and using AA but booked through BA(in order to use the Avios)

My question is : Can I use the voucher against the taxes ??

Blue no status travelling in Y

Hope the above is clear,Thank you for any assistance you are able to give
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | Hilton Honors Platinum
A quick question - have received my vouchers, is there any way to check their value without inputting them all into a booking seperately?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by DrBenO
A quick question - have received my vouchers, is there any way to check their value without inputting them all into a booking seperately?
I believe c-w-s said you can logon to Qantas MMB and enter the original PNR and details should be shown there.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
If you call the sales number to book, are they the same staff helping on all the other lines with queries and amendments?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CeeGee
My question is : Can I use the voucher against the taxes ??
I believe this is yes, you can, but I don't think anyone can guarantee that at the moment since some aspects of eVouchers appear to be developed on the fly, as it were.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by JR1987
Maybe, it depends on the details. Certainly Joint Business routes and codeshares are fine, BA also sell some AA inventory, not via the web, but via the Contact Centres. So depending on what you are trying to do, it may be allowed. Or it may not. BA seems not to sell the very cheapest AA tickets for example.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by DrBenO
DM on Twitter works.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Hi. I cancelled two flights last week and was told I’d receive vouchers. The flights vanished from BAEC but I don’t know what’s supposed to happen next? They were revenue flights and part paid with Avios.

Trying to avoid calling up to ask!
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:29 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I am trying to use a voucher but can't get it to work. The code sent in an email was my original ticket number so 125-21xxxxxxxx

When I go to the use a Promo Code or Evoucher it asked me to enter a number starting 125-82 and then 8 digits after. so my 21xxx or even removing the 125-21 doesn't work

Am I doing something wrong? I have 2 codes which I can't use.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CT-UK
I am trying to use a voucher but can't get it to work. The code sent in an email was my original ticket number so 125-21xxxxxxxx

When I go to the use a Promo Code or Evoucher it asked me to enter a number starting 125-82 and then 8 digits after. so my 21xxx or even removing the 125-21 doesn't work

Am I doing something wrong? I have 2 codes which I can't use.
you can’t use them online, only by calling.
nobbyclark likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:34 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by KARFA
you can’t use them online, only by calling.
Many thanks,

From skim reading this thread I thought if you were trying to use 1 on a booking it could be done online, trying to combine multiples had to be done on the phone.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CT-UK
Many thanks,

From skim reading this thread I thought if you were trying to use 1 on a booking it could be done online, trying to combine multiples had to be done on the phone.
no, unfortunately it can’t be used online at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.