Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the vouchers for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The voucher number will be the customers existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as youll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customers own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Old May 2, 2020, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Sounds like it has gone to the back office, which is UK based luckily. So 2 or 3 weeks I guess, hopefully less. It may be the Qantas method will show a bit more.

Yep can see it in Qantas
Old May 5, 2020, 9:53 am

Book with Confidence when using existing eVoucher?

I have an evoucher from April that is good till April 2022 per the recent date change. If I book a new flight before may 31 using this voucher, does the book with confidence policy apply? If I decide that it's too risky to take the early March 2021 flights I will book now, will I be able to cancel and have the voucher re-issued for use up to 2022? Thank you!
Old May 5, 2020, 10:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mina c
I have an evoucher from April that is good till April 2022 per the recent date change. If I book a new flight before may 31 using this voucher, does the book with confidence policy apply? If I decide that it's too risky to take the early March 2021 flights I will book now, will I be able to cancel and have the voucher re-issued for use up to 2022? Thank you!
the BWC policy doesn't allow cancels it allows changes without the usual change fee, (fare difference payable). Any cancellation would be as per the t and cs of your booking.
Old May 5, 2020, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Hawk777
the BWC policy doesn't allow cancels it allows changes without the usual change fee, (fare difference payable). Any cancellation would be as per the t and cs of your booking.
Thank you Hawk. So, would I be able to change my flight to a future one should I decide I want to fly at a later date even though the original booking was using an existing voucher? I understand we would have to pay the fare difference. I am just trying to decide when to book our flights for March 2021 using the voucher. If the book with confidence policy would allow us to change the flights to a later date, then I would book now. If it does not, then we will wait till later this Fall to book the flights when we are more sure of whether international travel will be viable next spring. Thank you.
Old May 5, 2020, 11:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mina c
Thank you Hawk. So, would I be able to change my flight to a future one should I decide I want to fly at a later date even though the original booking was using an existing voucher? I understand we would have to pay the fare difference. I am just trying to decide when to book our flights for March 2021 using the voucher. If the book with confidence policy would allow us to change the flights to a later date, then I would book now. If it does not, then we will wait till later this Fall to book the flights when we are more sure of whether international travel will be viable next spring. Thank you.
ah rebooking with a voucher didn't spot that on original post. I'm fairly sure you wouldn't be covered by the BWC policy but not 100% sure on that I'll have to check
Old May 5, 2020, 4:20 pm

ah rebooking with a voucher didn't spot that on original post. I'm fairly sure you wouldn't be covered by the BWC policy but not 100% sure on that I'll have to check
My understanding is that if you rebooked to a future date the new ticket validity is one year from the date of reissue.

You could only re voucher a booking if the date you rebooked to was then eligible for voucher under t and c.
Old May 10, 2020, 1:28 pm

I called up BA to rebook using two future travel vouchers (same PNR) and the agent was convinced she had to charge me a 10 booking fee per person for booking over the phone? Was the agent correct to try and charge me the 10 booking fees?
Old May 10, 2020, 1:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Solejet6
I called up BA to rebook using two future travel vouchers (same PNR) and the agent was convinced she had to charge me a 10 booking fee per person for booking over the phone? Was the agent correct to try and charge me the 10 booking fees?
No, she got that wrong. There shouldn't be a booking fee on FTV transactions.
Old May 10, 2020, 1:58 pm

Thank you. That's what I thought. She also tried to charge me a 35 service charge fee which after a lot of pushback from myself and after she consulted with other colleagues, agreed to remove.

I just called up BA again and they confirmed what you said - no booking/service charge fees are payable whatsoever for rebooking using the voucher.
Old May 17, 2020, 3:16 am

Am I correct in assuming that "e-vouchers" still cannot be used electronically and cannot be redeemed against a future booking and one still must call BA to use them?

Also, I've noticed that, for flights rebooked using an "e-voucher", it's impossible to move dates using the online tool or to cancel and refund them if one so wishes.
Old May 17, 2020, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by 13901
Am I correct in assuming that "e-vouchers" still cannot be used electronically and cannot be redeemed against a future booking and one still must call BA to use them?

Also, I've noticed that, for flights rebooked using an "e-voucher", it's impossible to move dates using the online tool or to cancel and refund them if one so wishes.
Yes everything you have said is correct.
13901 likes this.
Old May 17, 2020, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Solejet6
At one point we were supposed to charge it then the decision was reversed.
Old May 19, 2020, 2:49 pm

Hello,

I'd like to share my experience with the voucher.
I called BA call center here in Italy and asked about refund options for unused Avios + cash remaining on a voucher after a rebooking has been made. They confirmed that Avios will be credited back to the BAEC account but cash will remain on another voucher unless amount is lower than 20GBP. In such case amount will be credited back to the card used for payment.
Old May 19, 2020, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by crisssbit
Hello,

I'd like to share my experience with the voucher.
I called BA call center here in Italy and asked about refund options for unused Avios + cash remaining on a voucher after a rebooking has been made. They confirmed that Avios will be credited back to the BAEC account but cash will remain on another voucher unless amount is lower than 20GBP. In such case amount will be credited back to the card used for payment.
the policy is correct for general cash bookings if refund is over 20gbp it's another voucher but not for redemption bookings any cash element can be refunded to card
Old May 20, 2020, 12:40 am

the policy is correct for general cash bookings if refund is over 20gbp it's another voucher but not for redemption bookings any cash element can be refunded to card
Just so I'm clear, say I have a FTV for 500 and 30000 Avios. I call up to make a booking worth 100. I understand that BA will issue a voucher for the remaining 400 and this will be a standard e-voucher that can be used for part payment online? In terms of the Avios, am I able to choose how many Avios I use when using the FTV? So, in this scenario I can choose to pay 100 and use 10000 Avios. Can this be done and do I get the 20000 remaining Avios credited back to my Exec account? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.