FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Norway quarantine effect on OSL Transfers? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2012699-norway-quarantine-effect-osl-transfers.html)

jfs5 Mar 13, 2020 4:21 am

Norway quarantine effect on OSL Transfers?

Norway has announced a quarantine for any passengers entering Norway starting today.
I am booked on March 16 for a LHR-OSL flight connecting to DOH on QR.

Does any one know whether quarantine rules apply to what is effectively a non-Schengen to non-Schengen transfer at OSL?

ianwall Mar 13, 2020 4:38 am

Are you truly "connecting" (i.e. one ticket, baggage checked through) or on separate tickets, where you'd have to collect and recheck your bags if not travelling HBO?

jfs5 Mar 13, 2020 4:41 am

I have two separate tickets but I am also checking with BA to see if they would make a one time exemption and put my bags through to final destination

RoyalSwazi Mar 13, 2020 5:08 am

If I were you, I’d contact Avinor who runs the airport. They can be reached on (+47)67030000. If they are unable to answer your queries suggest you contact the local police who handle the actual border control on +47 64819500.

webstereo Mar 13, 2020 5:14 am

Keen to know the answer to this one too

jfs5 Mar 13, 2020 5:19 am

Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi (Post 32178084)
If I were you, I’d contact Avinor who runs the airport. They can be reached on (+47)67030000. If they are unable to answer your queries suggest you contact the local police who handle the actual border control on +47 64819500.

Thanks, the Airport number is down (sadly!) and the other number takes me to a voicemail.

RoyalSwazi Mar 13, 2020 5:49 am

Welcome to Norway Shutdown... As this was only introduced yesterday there’s a bit of panic about, and a lot of public information lines are very busy. You could keep trying, but unless you get through to a human I would prepare yourself to cancel the trip. The way I understand things (and I might be wrong) they will either deny you boarding in London or get turned back in Oslo. I would not take a chance they’ll allow you to pick up your bags and proceed upstairs to check in.

rapidex Mar 13, 2020 5:52 am

You may well be denied boarding at LHR. As far as BA is concerned you have a ticket LHR-OSL and your travel is not permitted.
It might help if you go HBO.

corporate-wage-slave Mar 13, 2020 5:55 am

Yes we all have a lack of information here and it may well be that those working on the front line in Norway don't have a clue either. So I have no information here either. If you are going HBO and back to back then I think it would still be possible not least because you can do that without passing Norwegian/Schengen immigration.

UKtravelbear Mar 13, 2020 5:59 am

Originally Posted by jfs5 (Post 32178021)
I have two separate tickets but I am also checking with BA to see if they would make a one time exemption and put my bags through to final destination

Answers in your other thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ption-lhr.html

Often1 Mar 13, 2020 6:09 am

I find it hard to believe that OP will get the chance to check a bag as he will be denied boarding at LHR. Why would BA take the chance of boarding a passenger whom it knows is inadmissible at his final ticketed destination which is OSL? Moreover, what happens if his separate journey is cancelled or delayed? At that point he is exactly what Norway does not want, someone whom nobody has the responsibility to deal with.

olehel Mar 13, 2020 6:21 am

To clarify, the The Norwegian Directorate of Health has decided that “all individuals arriving to Norway from countries outside of the Nordics will be quarantined”. I don’t see why you would be denied any boarding to Oslo as you are allowed to travel (just facing restrictions when you arrive). Doesn’t help OP much I know, but important distinction.

jfs5 Mar 13, 2020 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 32178252)
I find it hard to believe that OP will get the chance to check a bag as he will be denied boarding at LHR. Why would BA take the chance of boarding a passenger whom it knows is inadmissible at his final ticketed destination which is OSL? Moreover, what happens if his separate journey is cancelled or delayed? At that point he is exactly what Norway does not want, someone whom nobody has the responsibility to deal with.

I think there is some misinformation here. Unlike the US, Norway is not denying anyone entry. As I understand, they are requiring those entering (regardless of whether they are returning Norwegians or visitors) to undergo a 14 day quarantine.

What i am hoping is that as I am coming from Non-Schengen and transferring to Non-Schengen, I will not be subject to the quarantine. I am still waiting for confirmation on that.

I should know well before I arrive at LHR if my QR flight is delayed or cancelled, so no too fussed about that.

jfs5 Mar 13, 2020 6:40 am

Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi (Post 32178167)
I would not take a chance they’ll allow you to pick up your bags and proceed upstairs to check in.

I am not going to take a chance on that happening.

I am just looking for confirmation that I can do a non-Schengen to non-Schengen transfer at OSL without being subject to quarantine (assuming of course that I can check my bags through to my final destination).

FLYGVA Mar 13, 2020 6:47 am

Have you tried to contat them via Twitter (https://twitter.com/Oslolufthavn)

Sorry if I overread that you already did this ... Colleague is facing a similar though not the same problem. Traveling on two tickets due to a cancelded meeting in Oslo but with hand luggage only.