Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norway quarantine effect on OSL Transfers?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
Yes, I’ve recently learnt that the EU does not have competency in this area, with powers to close borders reserved for national government. So in effect the EU decision to close borders is simply guidance.
That would also be irrelevant as Norway is not a member of the EU.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by duvin
If you read my question you will note that I was inquiring about ARN (Stockholm).
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by duvin
If you read my question you will note that I was inquiring about ARN (Stockholm).
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
If you'd note the thread title you'd know that we're discussing OSL (Oslo) here.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Any news on how long the OSL travel ban will last?

I had scheduled an overnight transit stop in OSL for the night of May 16. Arriving late afternoon, leaving 11:40 a.m. on the 17th. Both flights are on BA, because there were good premium fare deals on WAS-OSL and OSL-SIN. In the meantime Singapore has been closed to international travelers, as have all the other countries I was scheduled to visit in Asia, but those decisions will be re-evaluated in early May and there are few or no new cases in those countries, so I am hopeful. (This is an important trip for work, otherwise I would just cancel.) But now it looks as though I will not be able to transit in OSL, at least not overnight. Any word on whether the ban on international arrivals might be lifted by then? I am a US citizen and have a reservation at the airport Radisson.

In the alternative, assuming I would not be able to stay in Oslo overnight, if I can rearrange my flights so as to arrive in the morning and leave that same afternoon, is it still possible to transit OSL without clearing immigration/customs, as seems to have been permitted a few weeks ago per earlier posts in this thread? If necessary I can limit myself to a carry-on bag. Thanks so much for any information or insights anyone may have.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
I’m afraid I would rate the chances of Singapore letting in people who’ve recently been in the US within the next month as minuscule.

If they’re lucky enough to have no/few new cases, they’ll want to keep it that way.
sammyg901 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 6:15 pm

Agree. Zero chance - US and UK were a large source of cases here. Currently all arrivals back of citizens requires a 14 day mandatory stay in a hotel allocated by government. No short term entry allowed and I can't imagine that changing anytime soon
Old Apr 18, 2020, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
I’m afraid I would rate the chances of Singapore letting in people who’ve recently been in the US within the next month as minuscule.
Originally Posted by sammyg901
No short term entry allowed and I can't imagine that changing anytime soon
Thanks so much for this information. Of course it's not what I would have preferred, but still very helpful. However, if any two of the four countries I'm supposed to visit in Asia should open up by late May/early June I will still probably want to travel, so I'd still be most grateful if anyone happens to know the answer to my questions about OSL: (1) Chances of being able to do an overnight transit at an airport hotel in late May? (2) If not, is it still possible to transit in OSL on separate tickets/PNRs if you don't check bags and therefore don't have to clear customs/immigration? Thanks again.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
I'd say there's little to no-chance of transiting Singapore in the foreseeable future as the trajectory of cases there is only upwards with 942 new cases yesterday. Also, when I spoke to SQ earlier this week they seemed to think that it will be many months before anything changes regarding entry/transit.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 3:12 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
The borders here in Norway are still closed and no dates for reopening have been floated. The political leadership of Oslo city council have voiced very strong concerns about lifting the current restrictions as they fear it will cause a spike in new cases. They’ve even cancelled our constitution day celebrations on 17 May (think 4 July on steroids), hence I would not plan on travelling via Oslo this side of summer.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 3:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Honestly, the chance of transiting OSL in May or travelling to Asia in June for anything other than essential services or by repatriating citizens is so close to zero and will likely come with a strict quarantine requirement that I would make alternative arrangements and not expect to travel.
Misco60 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.