Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2021, 10:19 am

The Kimpton Buchanan in SFO have just cancelled all of our reservations for late August Given the current COVID-19 situation and emphasis on social distancing, we've made the difficult decision at the Kimpton Buchanan Hotel to remain temporarily suspended for operations, committing to keeping our employees, guests, and our communities safe.

Not looking good for travel to the USA?
Old May 25, 2021, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Not looking good for travel to the USA?
Odd given how most places in the US are falling over themselves to open up again.
Old May 26, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm wondering if the airlines have been told something, as the number/volume of UK to North America links has been cut. Austin-London gone. Vancouver-London gone. Many west coast stations serving fewer flights, such as Seattle-London and San Fran too.
And there was me hoping USA would be a green list from sometime in June...
Old May 26, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Unless the restriction on being in the UK in the last 14 days is lifted, a tough sell for travel. There is demand where a country is amber listed, as the US is currently, but the US entry rules mean that its pretty much not happening.

​​​​​Very bad news for BA as well, given its long haul market is geared towards the US. Perhaps redirecting as much as possible to the Caribbean is the best option available?
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I'm wondering if the airlines have been told something, as the number/volume of UK to North America links has been cut.
There’s no conspiracy... airlines haven’t been told anything that’s not public. They’re just not stupid, and know there’s limited demand at the moment - and there still won’t be enough demand for a full schedule immediately after any restrictions are eased. TATL operations are very expensive, they’re just being rational and sensible. Every one of their ports in the US is still available under the joint business anyway for those who do still want/need to travel.
Old May 28, 2021, 2:19 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Confus
There’s no conspiracy... airlines haven’t been told anything that’s not public. They’re just not stupid, and know there’s limited demand at the moment - and there still won’t be enough demand for a full schedule immediately after any restrictions are eased. TATL operations are very expensive, they’re just being rational and sensible. Every one of their ports in the US is still available under the joint business anyway for those who do still want/need to travel.
Austin isn't, not even AA flying from London to there.
Old May 28, 2021, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Austin isn't, not even AA flying from London to there.
I’ve just looked at the AUS departures board and counted at least half a dozen AA flights that would provide service to London. One even has a BA codeshare. To my knowledge there’s no point in the US that BA can’t fly someone to who is still able to travel.
wilsnunn, Nephoi and ISTFlyer like this.
Old May 28, 2021, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Confus
...To my knowledge there’s no point in the US that BA can’t fly someone to who is still able to travel.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:16 pm

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this question so I apologize in advance if it's not
I need some help/advice on an upcoming BA flight
The flight i have booked is 12/25/21 BA182 JFK-LHR-CAI (BA400)
The flight I originally had booked for 12/26 was canceled, I have two separate bookings on this flight the CW were rebooked by BA and WTPlus were canceled so I had to call and rebook
Now it looks as if the flight for 12/25 will be canceled as well because it no longer shows up as a flight option if i look to make a new booking
My question is do I need to wait for BA to actually cancel this flight in order to change to new flights for the same day, am I allowed to make another change to the reservation without a fee?
I am worried that if I wait for them to cancel then rebook it I won't be able to get us all on the same flight, I would just cancel the whole thing if I could get a refund and book with another airline but I dont think that's a possibility right now
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:24 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Cpyc79. I hope you get this resolved and that you continue to participate here to get the most out of your travelling.

If BA does cancel it again - and yes Christmas Day is a bit of risk area for this - then you always have the option of a full cash refund, even if only one flight is affected. I wouldn't necessarily rush, and yes BA will need to see the flight cancelled before they can offer either the refund or a rebooking. But what you could do at this stage is investigate what your Plan B looks like so you can steer the contact centre agent in the right direction. Typically it takes a day or two days before it's clear that a flight is cancelled or not, so you should not have to wait long here.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:45 pm

Thanks! I have a plan B and C right now so just waiting to see what happens with this flight. I wanted to stay with BA since this flight will get me to gold for the year but right now its cheaper to buy all 4 tickets in business with United/Lufthansa than what I paid for 2 WC and 2 premium economy with BA
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:47 pm

Gold AA status not BA I am just bronze
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:28 am

First time flying BA since 2019 (FRA-LHR-FRA on an award ticket).

OLCI refused to work ("need to go to a counter"). The check in machine refused to work too ("problem with the ticket"). The counter is not yet open.

Does BA insist on seeing Covid-related documentation at the counter before issuing a boarding pass, or is it more likely some other problem with the ticket unrelated to Covid-19?

If BA wants to see Covid docs, is there an "online covid document check" at BA (similar to Lufthansa)?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
First time flying BA since 2019 (FRA-LHR-FRA on an award ticket).

OLCI refused to work ("need to go to a counter"). The check in machine refused to work too ("problem with the ticket"). The counter is not yet open.

Does BA insist on seeing Covid-related documentation at the counter before issuing a boarding pass, or is it more likely some other problem with the ticket unrelated to Covid-19?

If BA wants to see Covid docs, is there an "online covid document check" at BA (similar to Lufthansa)?
Hi

Try the verifly app.

regards
Tbs
cockpitvisit likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Did you try using verifly?
cockpitvisit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.