Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
that’s for new bookings, not existing bookings.
No, it has been changed. It is for new and existing bookings. The existing bookings portion of the policy was added a couple of days ago.

You’re travelling with us between 14 March to 31 May

You can cancel your booking and receive a voucher for the same value. Vouchers are valid for 12 months and can be used to any destination.
  1. Applies to bookings made at any time for travel between 14 March 2020 – 31 May 2020
Ok?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Booking with confidence
We fully understand that many of our customers want to change their travel plans given the evolving situation, so we have put a number of measures in place so that you can book with confidence with British Airways.

To allow greater flexibility, we are enabling customers to change their destination, date of travel, or both for free, on all new bookings made from Tuesday 3 March to Sunday 31 May 2020, as well as any existing bookings that depart up to Sunday 31 May 2020.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence
Thomathy likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: BA
Incorrect. See https://www.britishairways.com/information/incident/coronavirus/latest-information which states clearly:

To allow greater flexibility, we are enabling customers to change their destination, date of travel, or both for free, on all new bookings made from Tuesday 3 March to Sunday 31 May 2020, as well as any existing bookings that depart up to Sunday 31 May 2020.
It then says to find out more, go to https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence and on this page there are two sections - one for customers with travel already booked. And one for customers considering booking.

Perhaps the confusion here is that the policy did originally refer to new bookings, but the same page now details concessions for both existing travel as well as new bookings.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Thank You

I am sat at home rather than being on my way to holidays in Vietnam. Shame.

So I have more time to read this, and other sites.

Those who are helping others with no chance of Payment - CWS et al.

A GIANT THANKYOU!!!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
BBC reporting a Reuters wire that the US ban is being extended to the UK and Ireland.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Camflyer
BBC reporting a Reuters wire that the US ban is being extended to the UK and Ireland.
WASHINGTON, March 14 (Reuters) - The U.S. government is expected to announce on Saturday that it is expanding its travel ban on most European countries to include Britain and Ireland as it seeks to contain the coronavirus pandemic sweeping the globe, airline and U.S. officials told Reuters.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:27 am
Suspended

Restrictions into force from Monday for UK and Ireland no policy yet as obviously literally just announced
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze; ALL Gold
Booking with confidence - it's a long-standing existing booking to Italy on April 15th. I don't want a voucher, I want my money back ... so I'll wait until they cancel it.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Vice President Pence just confirmed new ban effective from midnight Monday night (EST).

As with the Schengen ban, US citizens and permanent residents are not included.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:50 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
Vice President Pence just confirmed new ban effective from midnight Monday night (EST).

As with the Schengen ban, US citizens and permanent residents are not included.
Pence said something about asking these folks to go into a 14-day quarantine upon return. Sounded voluntary, which wouldn't make much sense.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
So the only planes flying from London to USA will contain a handful of Americans returning home?

Ouch
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by greg5
Pence said something about asking these folks to go into a 14-day quarantine upon return. Sounded voluntary, which wouldn't make much sense.
What he said, was that for US citizens returning from Schengen, then they would be channeled through 13 selected airports for additional screening. Subject to the results of that screening they would be asked to self quarantine.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
With UK ban now in place from Monday, and as a UK citizen in the US for the next week.. are we expecting BA still to continue flying (to bring US citizens home, and UK citizens back to the UK?). I'm in LAX which appears to be one of the 'funnelling' airport for US citizens.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:00 am

Does the US interpretation of midnight mean Sunday-Monday or Monday night Tuesday morning?

I am supposed to be flying Monday afternoon.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by zanderblue
What he said, was that for US citizens returning from Schengen, then they would be channeled through 13 selected airports for additional screening. Subject to the results of that screening they would be asked to self quarantine.
The language on the CDC website says that if you've come from a level 3 country you will be asked to self-quarantine at home. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ecautions.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.