Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
It said "could" - it does not mean it expects to...

"Edinburgh Airport has warned that it is potentially facing the scenario of receiving no passengers in the next three months because of coronavirus." A bit different from expecting not to have any passenger.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-51866403
yes a bit odd as domestic flying should not be threatened
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
GabrielExea did say "if they were cancelling the flights".
Fair enough. Perhaps BA is best off flying the planes empty and keeping the ticket revenue from the passengers who can't actually fly on them.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by allturnleft
yes a bit odd as domestic flying should not be threatened
I think most people are staying a bit closer to home and avoiding crowded spaces at the moment. Domestic flying in the US is way down.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by jimlad48
Im off to ORD in 2 weeks - was going to a geek convention that got cancelled. Reluctant to cancel the trip as need the 350TP, so am working out how to spend a long weekend in the Wisconsin area with a friend who is a keen outdoor person and birdwatcher.

You’ll have a nice safe time in Wisconsin. Hope you can meet up with your friend, otherwise there are many lovely places to stay and watch the birds alone 😊. I’m flying from Wisconsin to LHR next Wednesday. And hopefully back the following week!
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Couldn't get through to BA holidays so went to the pub instead. Have decided to go ahead and treat our LHR-OTP trip tomorrow as the start of an adventure. Live dangerously.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:09 pm

Thats the spirit DrGee.Treat yourself!
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Executive Blue
I've got a trip to Germany coming up on Thursday, flight and three day car hire. While I would love to see my family again, I will now, very likely, change that trip if BA will let me. Stupidly I booked on 2nd March. However, as I am also meant to volunteer at the UEFA Euros here in London I'll wait to call BA until Tuesday to see whether the Euros will be postponed or not to determine a new travel date.
Not what I wanted to do, but I also have a cardiology appointment the week after, for which I have waited six months, so would rather not have that at risk just because I want to see my family.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
I have a future US road trip (May/June) that was booked using a 2-4-1. We're waiting and seeing for now since everything's flexible, but is there any data points yet on how BA is treating rebookings/cancellations trips booked under 2-4-1's? This was booked within about a week of the expiration date of the voucher, hence the query!
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
We have booked the below to visit Utah National Parks. On the hook for any change fees etc to the flights. Goodness knows what we will do...

3rd April: LHR-DUB (Avios positioning flight for the ex-EU below)
4th April: DUB-LHR-PHX-LAS
17th-18th April: PHX-LAX-JFH-LHR (-DUB, which we will drop)
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by dakaix
I have a future US road trip (May/June) that was booked using a 2-4-1. We're waiting and seeing for now since everything's flexible, but is there any data points yet on how BA is treating rebookings/cancellations trips booked under 2-4-1's? This was booked within about a week of the expiration date of the voucher, hence the query!
Unless I’m missing something then reward bookings are fully cancellable for the Ł35pp fee so yes just cancel outside of 24hrs and get your money, points and voucher back.

Edit - or if you mean will your voucher get extended then no idea sorry but strongly doubt it.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by HoneymoonFlyer
Unless I’m missing something then reward bookings are fully cancellable for the Ł35pp fee so yes just cancel outside of 24hrs and get your money, points and voucher back.

Edit - or if you mean will your voucher get extended then no idea sorry but strongly doubt it.
You are right but getting back your voucher which expires in less than a week is not all that useful. The question is what terms and conditions are attached to the future travel voucher, does it still require reward space to book etc. It may be a better option than a refund.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
As per Donald’s press conference just now, travel restrictions for the UK are ‘under consideration’..
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I hope that the US does NOT add UK to restriction list as I want to visit LA for Easter.

However if the numbers keep increasing here in the UK it is probably inevitable that will happen.

Someone should start a thread of where we can actually travel if we want to...
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Got an F trip into SJC at the beginning of April. I'm not looking forward to a two week quarantine when I arrive on a 10 day trip, even though I'm a US/CH citizen, I live in Switzerland. At this point I'm waiting as I'd expect the flight to get canceled or for BA to rebook me to SFO.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:10 pm

Has anyone got any information regarding companion voucher extensions due to the virus, I was going to use mine for Austria in April to then visit Slovakia but it seems that Slovakia is closed for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.