Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA
Hey all,

What's the guess on Romania? State of emergency in effect as of tomorrow with 14 day quarantines for countries with 1000+ cases. Clearly, a no go for a long weekend.

It's booked through BA Holidays (flight & hotel). Would take the voucher if it covered the hotel but it sadly doesn't. Travel isn't until Saturday 21st so won't call as yet. Hats off to the BA staff.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Lewis King
Ideal, thanks. I assumed the same but couldn’t find any info anywhere. Will just play it all by ear, I’m assuming Thailand will be shutting stuff soon anyway. Worst comes to the worst I have friends in Australia I can crash with.
There is a thread in the QF forum where people have been asking questions related to transits and connections in relation to the quarantine, you may want to go to the QF forum and monitor that thread.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Mar 15, 2020 at 4:25 pm Reason: speling and gramar
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:19 pm

A friend is due to fly back IAD-LHR on 22/3. What are BA’s obligation to get her back if her flight, and most others, are cancelled for the foreseeable?

Also, depending on bookings from USA to U.K., does anyone reckon they’ll operate flights out empty after Tuesday to repatriate stranded folk ? I realise that this raises crewing issues etc! Thanks.

Last edited by EGLK FLYER; Mar 15, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by spanishflea
San Diego is zeroed out from Tuesday onwards, so it looks like any service to airports not on that list will be cancelled this week.
Thank you. Do I need to do anything about my April 5-15th flight or will it automatically cancel sometime? Right now the website seems glitchy and won't let me do anything with it...
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by kath00
Thank you. Do I need to do anything about my April 5-15th flight or will it automatically cancel sometime? Right now the website seems glitchy and won't let me do anything with it...
I think most people are assuming it will be cancelled. As of this time it has not been cancelled; BA are just restricting inventory and not allowing any sales. If it is cancelled you should be notified in MMB and by email. Since the flight is not until the 5th you can safely wait. If it was part of a BA Holidays booking, many people have been receiving cancellation and refund notices today for bookings to various cities.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:16 pm

BA0248 27th March

Hi,
I know this may seem a long way off, but I have a flight booked for the 27th March BA0248 from Brazil to the UK, I would like to ask whether anyone has any info whether due to the current circumstances this flight might be cancelled. The only reason I ask, is I have cancelled my other flight with Alitalia via rome( seemed a smart thing to do.) Or basically keep looking to see the current BA situation.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:31 pm
Suspended

To far off to have any clue at the moment
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
just to give an example of how quickly the situation is changing, Poland announce late on Friday that all international flights would stop from midnight Saturday, just over 24 hours later.

your flight for now is scheduled, but a lot can change in the next 10 days

also, is this an outbound with a return later? If so you may want to consider what you would do if the Brazilian or UK border gets closed while you are in the uk and there are no flights back to brazil.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:48 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
It's all in the air. I have a flight April 5, I am waiting until T-48 before deciding what to do .
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
It's all in the air. I have a flight April 5, I am waiting until T-48 before deciding what to do .
same, I'm due to be heading to LAS and back from SFO end of April Avios booking so no need to do anything yet
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I am currently in Brazil too, sitting out the madness
The issue will not only be whether Brazil is allowing UK (and EU) nationals to enter in two weeks, but also whether BA sees commercial sense operating flights. If transfer traffic dies, it may well have to look at consolidating flights for commercial reasons - I can't see it keeping the two daily services to the country once the slot restrictions are relaxed
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:40 pm

Good points made, I am a resident of both countries. So I guess I will have to wait and see what happens, I would rather be stuck in Brazil than the UK.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
South Africa imposing travel bans on people from high risk areas. such as Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Germany, the United States, the United Kingdom and China as from 18 March 2020.

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...id-19-20200315

Anyone arriving in SA from these countries mid-February needs to go for a test, but no details where/how/cost etc provided
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
just to give an example of how quickly the situation is changing, Poland announce late on Friday that all international flights would stop from midnight Saturday, just over 24 hours later.

your flight for now is scheduled, but a lot can change in the next 10 days

also, is this an outbound with a return later? If so you may want to consider what you would do if the Brazilian or UK border gets closed while you are in the uk and there are no flights back to brazil.
Yeah, I was on a way to Poland when it happened, so just after landing had to organise myself flight back on Saturday. Of course all direct flights were very expensive, so had unplanned trip to Frankfurt. And I bought tickets 2 days earlier, so not that far in advance.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
All QR flights are suspended until 1st April
For the record: that only applies to those entering Qatar, not transit via DOH with QR or e.g. BA -> QR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.