Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Availability just disappeared

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Reward Availability just disappeared

late yesterday evening I was looking at reward availability from LHR-ORD returning either from ORD or from MIA. There was availability in J on pretty much every day throughout March and for all of April except Easter. I just went on to BA website to make a booking and availability has gone completely for March and for the first half of April. BA are obviously looking to consolidate flights and I am looking at a staycation!
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
other thread indicated all fare classes to/from UK-USA are zeroed out, except full fare. Obviously BA wants to take full advantage of this opportunity.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think this will correct itself. The blanket EU-US travel ban clearly doesn’t help.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Definitas
I am looking at a staycation!
If the rumours are true (UK lockdown imminent), then you won't have much choice
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
If the rumours are true (UK lockdown imminent), then you won't have much choice
I'm getting my 'rumours' from the UK broadcasters, and the suggestions are the UK will move the stage of "delay",. so potentially restrictions on schools, some public gatherings and 7 days self isolation on people with mild flu-like symptoms - I think stating 'lockdown imminent' - even in jest, is going to scare some people here, it won't be what Italy is doing by far.
AdBoy likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Zeroing out everything except full-fare buckets is not unusual when disruption and consolidation of flights is likely - this was observed during the BALPA strike action last Autumn around 24h before the schedule reductions were published - both the strike days themselves, and the days either side saw non-full buckets pulled. Once the flying programme for those days was confirmed, the cheaper buckets started opening up again on the flights which were still planned to operate.

It's not "gouging", it's not "taking advantage", it's part and parcel of the process of handling significant disruptive issues.
TTmex likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by sb1982
I'm getting my 'rumours' from the UK broadcasters, and the suggestions are the UK will move the stage of "delay",. so potentially restrictions on schools, some public gatherings and 7 days self isolation on people with mild flu-like symptoms - I think stating 'lockdown imminent' - even in jest, is going to scare some people here, it won't be what Italy is doing by far.
A guy quite high up in my local hospital was briefed last night by his bosses that they are expecting 2 weeks of 'delay' and then 'mitigation' which is more like what we're seeing in Italy, where we'll be in lockdown.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:46 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Simple supply and demand.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
No, all disappeared whilst behind the scenes schedules are being amended (cut)
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
No, active inventory management is what’s going on.
mikeyfly and mnhusker like this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

*** all reappeared to LAX on most days ***

Double check now OP
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by chriswiles
A guy quite high up in my local hospital was briefed last night by his bosses that they are expecting 2 weeks of 'delay' and then 'mitigation' which is more like what we're seeing in Italy, where we'll be in lockdown.
Indeed - we are less than 2 weeks behind Italy. The UK government has dithered and not tried to head it off. Allowing Cheltenham to go ahead was gross negligence.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:27 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Indeed - we are less than 2 weeks behind Italy. The UK government has dithered and not tried to head it off. Allowing Cheltenham to go ahead was gross negligence.
Agreed, I thought that really was a bizarre decision. Same as the CL game at Anfield last night, allowing some 2-3000 supposrtes from Spain to attend. As of yesterday, there were 2750 cases and 64 deaths......so running at approximately 5 times the UK rates. Those 2-3000 supporters will have been in bars, shops cafes etc in Liverpool and probably exposed more people to the virus.

Really strange decision (or indecision) by the UK, meanwhile Trump is now blaming Europe whilst only a few days ago dismissing the whole issue as an overreaction and nothing to really worry about

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.