FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Reward Availability just disappeared (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2012529-reward-availability-just-disappeared.html)

Definitas Mar 12, 20 5:14 am

Reward Availability just disappeared

late yesterday evening I was looking at reward availability from LHR-ORD returning either from ORD or from MIA. There was availability in J on pretty much every day throughout March and for all of April except Easter. I just went on to BA website to make a booking and availability has gone completely for March and for the first half of April. BA are obviously looking to consolidate flights and I am looking at a staycation!

nachosdelux Mar 12, 20 5:15 am

other thread indicated all fare classes to/from UK-USA are zeroed out, except full fare. Obviously BA wants to take full advantage of this opportunity.

LondonElite Mar 12, 20 5:17 am

I think this will correct itself. The blanket EU-US travel ban clearly doesn’t help.

DYKWIA Mar 12, 20 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Definitas (Post 32173327)
I am looking at a staycation!

If the rumours are true (UK lockdown imminent), then you won't have much choice :D

sb1982 Mar 12, 20 5:38 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 32173360)
If the rumours are true (UK lockdown imminent), then you won't have much choice :D

I'm getting my 'rumours' from the UK broadcasters, and the suggestions are the UK will move the stage of "delay",. so potentially restrictions on schools, some public gatherings and 7 days self isolation on people with mild flu-like symptoms - I think stating 'lockdown imminent' - even in jest, is going to scare some people here, it won't be what Italy is doing by far.

mjh0 Mar 12, 20 5:40 am

Zeroing out everything except full-fare buckets is not unusual when disruption and consolidation of flights is likely - this was observed during the BALPA strike action last Autumn around 24h before the schedule reductions were published - both the strike days themselves, and the days either side saw non-full buckets pulled. Once the flying programme for those days was confirmed, the cheaper buckets started opening up again on the flights which were still planned to operate.

It's not "gouging", it's not "taking advantage", it's part and parcel of the process of handling significant disruptive issues.

chriswiles Mar 12, 20 5:43 am

Originally Posted by sb1982 (Post 32173414)
I'm getting my 'rumours' from the UK broadcasters, and the suggestions are the UK will move the stage of "delay",. so potentially restrictions on schools, some public gatherings and 7 days self isolation on people with mild flu-like symptoms - I think stating 'lockdown imminent' - even in jest, is going to scare some people here, it won't be what Italy is doing by far.

A guy quite high up in my local hospital was briefed last night by his bosses that they are expecting 2 weeks of 'delay' and then 'mitigation' which is more like what we're seeing in Italy, where we'll be in lockdown.

Tiger_lily Mar 12, 20 5:46 am

Simple supply and demand.

mikeyfly Mar 12, 20 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily (Post 32173443)

No, all disappeared whilst behind the scenes schedules are being amended (cut)

LondonElite Mar 12, 20 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily (Post 32173443)

No, active inventory management is what’s going on.

mikeyfly Mar 12, 20 6:15 am

*** all reappeared to LAX on most days ***

Double check now OP :)

DYKWIA Mar 12, 20 6:16 am

Originally Posted by chriswiles (Post 32173433)
A guy quite high up in my local hospital was briefed last night by his bosses that they are expecting 2 weeks of 'delay' and then 'mitigation' which is more like what we're seeing in Italy, where we'll be in lockdown.

Indeed - we are less than 2 weeks behind Italy. The UK government has dithered and not tried to head it off. Allowing Cheltenham to go ahead was gross negligence.

BOH Mar 12, 20 6:27 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 32173544)
Indeed - we are less than 2 weeks behind Italy. The UK government has dithered and not tried to head it off. Allowing Cheltenham to go ahead was gross negligence.

Agreed, I thought that really was a bizarre decision. Same as the CL game at Anfield last night, allowing some 2-3000 supposrtes from Spain to attend. As of yesterday, there were 2750 cases and 64 deaths......so running at approximately 5 times the UK rates. Those 2-3000 supporters will have been in bars, shops cafes etc in Liverpool and probably exposed more people to the virus.

Really strange decision (or indecision) by the UK, meanwhile Trump is now blaming Europe whilst only a few days ago dismissing the whole issue as an overreaction and nothing to really worry about :confused: