FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   India essentially closing its borders for a month (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2012439-india-essentially-closing-its-borders-month.html)

HarryKUK Mar 11, 2020 2:29 pm

India essentially closing its borders for a month

Presumably with a total restriction on foreign nationals entering India from 12:00 GMT local time on 13th March BA would need to cancel all flights to / from India effective immediately?

https://in.reuters.com/article/healt...-idINKBN20Y16K

It also urged Indian nationals to avoid all non-essential travel abroad, in one of the most far-reaching advisories since the outbreak began in late December.”

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm

9. All visa and e-visa are invalidated.

- This does not apply to diplomatic, official, UN/International Organizations, employment, project visas.

10. Passengers with an OCI card are no longer visa exempt to India.

pred02 Mar 11, 2020 2:39 pm

I have my honeymoon booked in India and then Mauritius departing March 27th. Going from the UK, visiting Mumbai, Agra, Jaipur, Amristar, Shimla. What do I do? How can I claim any money back for anything on this trip?

Can I help you Mar 11, 2020 2:57 pm

I would contact your insurance company for advice.

CharlotteC Mar 11, 2020 3:11 pm

I am supposed to be flying to Mumbai on 21 March and ideally would love to reschedule for April (I’m flying out in first and back in j) but don’t want to incur too many extra costs as it was a treat after an awful year. I appreciate the Indian government are protecting their citizens. Please can anybody give me any advice. Thanks

golfmad Mar 11, 2020 4:03 pm

Well this is going to be interesting. I'm currently on my way to India from JFK via LHR. I'll arrive on the 13th March at 5am local time which is 11:30pm GMT on the 12th. Technically this should be prior to the start of the restrictions.

HarryKUK Mar 11, 2020 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 32170755)
Well this is going to be interesting. I'm currently on my way to India from JFK via LHR. I'll arrive on the 13th March at 5am local time which is 11:30pm GMT on the 12th. Technically this should be prior to the start of the restrictions.

Are you hoping to exit India within 30 days of arriving? I’m presuming a drop in demand would mean flights stop operating into / out of India? Best wishes whatever your plans are.

golfmad Mar 11, 2020 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by HarryKUK (Post 32170811)
Are you hoping to exit India within 30 days of arriving? I’m presuming a drop in demand would mean flights stop operating into / out of India? Best wishes whatever your plans are.

I am supposed to be there for work returning in a week (Thursday 19th). I'm currently working away in the AA Flagship lounge at JFK but will head over to T7 now and see what's what. It's perhaps finally time to abandon the trip.

ft4lyf Mar 11, 2020 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 32170826)
I am supposed to be there for work returning in a week (Thursday 19th). I'm currently working away in the AA Flagship lounge at JFK but will head over to T7 now and see what's what. It's perhaps finally time to abandon the trip.

If you have an "employment visa" you will apparently be allowed to enter India. (the other group are diplomatic passports)

golfmad Mar 11, 2020 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by ft4lyf (Post 32170886)
If you have an "employment visa" you will apparently be allowed to enter India. (the other group are diplomatic passports)

I am not concerned about getting in but getting back!!

My ebusiness Visa will still work on the way in.

ft4lyf Mar 11, 2020 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 32170896)
I am not concerned about getting in but getting back!!

My ebusiness Visa will still work on the way in.

Ok good luck!:tu:

golfmad Mar 11, 2020 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by ft4lyf (Post 32170926)
Ok good luck!:tu:

Thanks. I’ve canceled it and am heading home to FL.

In other news tonight is apparently the last night for the LCY service from JFK for the foreseeable future.

ft4lyf Mar 11, 2020 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 32170980)
Thanks. I’ve canceled it and am heading home to FL.

In other news tonight is apparently the last night for the LCY service from JFK for the foreseeable future.

Dang.
But, at least you now know you can be at home...without getting quarantined in a foreign country.

golfmad Mar 11, 2020 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by ft4lyf (Post 32170995)
Dang.
But, at least you now know you can be at home...without getting quarantined in a foreign country.

Indeed

cbagent Mar 11, 2020 5:11 pm

Policy now issued for travel to India.
Briefly, for tickets issued for travel up to and including 14 April 2020 can rebook to travel up to and including 31 May 2020.

golfmad Mar 11, 2020 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by cbagent (Post 32171042)
Policy now issued for travel to India.
Briefly, for tickets issued for travel up to and including 14 April 2020 can rebook to travel up to and including 31 May 2020.

For info, the duty manager here at JFK offered me a cancellation and full refund for my trip.