Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

India essentially closing its borders for a month

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India essentially closing its borders for a month

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:18 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Generally they follow the same updates, but you have greater consumer protection in that the holiday has to be fit for purpose. So if the place went into mandatory quarantine you are in a stronger place than someone with a conventional booking, for example BA Holidays has to offer an alternative. This is assuming you have met the requirements of "The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018", which should be in the documentation received from BA.
I looked at the email it says I am covered by ATOL protection (I have an ATOL certificate naming all the 4 pax) and also it seems that we are covered by package Travel arrangement as I have bought more than one service from the same provider (flight plus hotel) as per the T&C. These are booked into "A" so I assume standard canx penalty of 150 GBP per sector as I can't find fare rules in the booking email. If I understand your comment correctly, they need to offer me alternate flights and hotels without fare difference or change fee? I don't think we will be able to use the flights before August (as it is monsoon in India from June to August during UK school hols).
I need to check if my Amex policy covers cancellations due to entry restrictions, from the wording it does not seem to.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:35 am

Having sorted out my flights I was trying to see if anything could be done for visas. I had an e-visa that is now null and void and I understand there's no way to ask for one until at least April, is that correct?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by 13901
Having sorted out my flights I was trying to see if anything could be done for visas. I had an e-visa that is now null and void and I understand there's no way to ask for one until at least April, is that correct?
I have not checked for a couple of days but last time I looked visas had been suspended. Once the restrictions are lifted your existing eVisa should be valid again (provided of course it has not expired in the interim).
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
I have not checked for a couple of days but last time I looked visas had been suspended. Once the restrictions are lifted your existing eVisa should be valid again (provided of course it has not expired in the interim).
Alas it'll have expired. Oh well, nothing I can do right now.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:03 pm

An udpate today - From March-18 till March-31
Europe and Turkey flights banned!

https://indianexpress.com/article/co...india-6317393/

If you arrive from / Transit via Gulf Countries - Then 14 day quarantine upon arrival in India (Source is the same webpage above)
13901 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:18 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
No worries - maybe you can provide some advice in return!

I’m currently working in Thailand and don’t want to be stuck here - was planning to fly home to the UK for Easter on April 5 but I’m worried a ban could be placed by either side. I can request unpaid leave and leave sooner, or just wait for April 5th as planned and take my normal annual leave? What would you do??
Unless I did't mind not being able to get out, I would get out. This is so fluid and things are different every 72 hours. I had to make about-turns thrice in the last week. Completely fed up and cancelled everything for the rest of the month and came back home. Glad I did. It is getting grim out there. India was 3/19 departure. Visa suspended and I am not going anywhere now.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:23 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, this is beyond BA's IT.
Ha ha. Don't even get me started. Open jaw is "land segment" for them and their website will then stare at you as if you are asking an infant how to separate hydrogen from water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.