Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expiring BA Staff Ticket Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Expiring BA Staff Ticket Question

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post in, I値l delete if asked.

I知 a little bit lost right now. I live and work in Beijing and each spring break my cousin generously books me a Club World ticket since she痴 an Avios booking agent. She works odd hours so I can稚 just call her up whenever I have a question.

Right now, with BA cancelling flights, she told me today that the latest date for the lifting of their flight suspension is 31st May, but she also told me that the ticket that was originally booked will expire on the 31st of March. My flight was originally from Manchester to PKX from the 14th Jan to the 14th Feb, apparently the ticket can be rebooked but it won稚 be eligible for Club World anymore. I had a look at the tickets via HK and they池e some horrific 20+ flights with 8/9 hour layovers in Malaysia that I don稚 really fancy.

Can anyone explain the expiration issue with the ticket or what the process is for cancelled flights for staff tickets ( I assume not terribly forgiving when compared to regular tix).

Last edited by zombie_chris; Mar 11, 2020 at 1:34 pm Reason: Minor grammar corrections
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You have to start your journey by the 31at March and complete your journey by the 31st April, if the ticket has a Club entitlement then this doesn’t change.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=Can I help you;32170193]You have to start your journey by the 31at March and complete your journey by the 31st April, if the ticket has a Club entitlement then this doesn稚 change.[/]

Thanks, so the 31st of April, not March?

Last edited by zombie_chris; Mar 11, 2020 at 1:50 pm Reason: Corrections
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Latest day to start your trip is the 31st March.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
If you don't get to use the concession before it expires, it can be refunded, possibly less a minor admin fee. Your cousin would then need to book a new concession for any travel starting after 01APR.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:22 pm

No admin fee for the refund but if the concession is not used (outbound by March 31st as CIHY states), it expires. Your relative will get a new one (or two) next year. (Ie After Apr 1).

The only time you値l get an admin fee (」2.10 I think) is if a ticket is in another airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.