Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounges, Security for BA Premium Economy customers

Old Mar 10, 20, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Hi There,

I am traveling JFK-LHR-BOM this week by Premium class and have a couple of questions--
-Can I avail of the BA Lounge at JFK and LHR airports. At JFK I believe it is in Terminal 7 but is it only for First Class folks?
-Is there a separate check in and security available at JFK and if so, can you help with where it is at the airport?

Thanks all
Old Mar 10, 20, 11:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
What do you mean by premium class? BA has premium economy, club & first as premium classes above economy.
Old Mar 10, 20, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
If you are flying in first on BA you can use the Concorde Room.

there is a separate first lounge for gold card and equivalent holders and first class passengers of the other one world airlines that use T7

and the club lounge if you are in Club World or have BA silver or equivalent

The BA check in area is to the left as you face the terminal and it is well sign posted.

But as it isnít clear what cabin you are flying in or what status (if any) itís hard to advise further.
Old Mar 10, 20, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. It is Premium Economy
Old Mar 10, 20, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No lounge then unless you have status.

I think the Alaska Airlines lounge offers paid for entry via priority pass but it is restricted at busy times. Check the times on the priority pass website.

otherwise there are several cafes and bars to grab food and drink in departures.
Old Mar 10, 20, 11:43 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Premium economy does not have lounge privileges as far as I know but, of course, you may have some access through status with an airline or a credit card or through a membership in an organisation that has airport lounges. Alaska Airlines does not have a lounge at any of your airports.

Last edited by kileysmom; Mar 10, 20 at 11:46 pm Reason: add info
Old Mar 11, 20, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kileysmom View Post
. Alaska Airlines does not have a lounge at any of your airports.
Alaska certainly does have a lounge in T7 at JFK
Old Mar 11, 20, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
Alaska certainly does have a lounge in T7 at JFK
Yep, entrance is right next to the BA lounge
Old Mar 11, 20, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Is there a sparate check in and security line for BA Business class at JFK (Our first flight is American Airlines with tie up with BA)
Old Mar 11, 20, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
Originally Posted by travelnewbie View Post
Is there a sparate check in and security line for BA Business class at JFK (Our first flight is American Airlines with tie up with BA)
So not clear with what you are asking. Are you flying AA or BA? If AA you need to check in at the AA desk. If your on A BA flight and booked in business then yes there's usually a separate business class check in desk.
Old Mar 11, 20, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It'd hard to advise properly as when you started you were flying in Premoum Economy (world traveller plus on BA) but now you are asking about business class (BA club world) check in and security.

Which airines and in which cabin are you actually flying on JFK-LHR?
Old Mar 11, 20, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Good point, let me clarify. I am flying BA business from JFK to LHR to BOM. (I mistakenly thought it was premium economy). The first flight is on AA (which is BA partner).
Regarding my question on separate check in, at many international airports (for e.g. BOM or Dubai) I was led to a completely separate area which had its own Check in and Security. So my question was around that-not just a separate queue for check in and security but just another area for the same.
Either way, seems that a BA business class can use the JFK lounge
Old Mar 11, 20, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You really aren't helping yourself by giving confusing information

So the JFK to LHR leg is operated by AA - "The first flight is on AA" - ? or are you on the AA code share of a BA operated flight? Please give us the flight number and times.

If it is operated by AA you will be departing from Terminal 8.
Old Mar 11, 20, 7:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Good point, let me clarify. I am flying BA business from JFK to LHR to BOM. (I mistakenly thought it was premium economy). The first flight is on AA (which is BA partner).
Regarding my question on separate check in, at many international airports (for e.g. BOM or Dubai) I was led to a completely separate area which had its own Check in and Security. So my question was around that-not just a separate queue for check in and security but just another area for the same.Either way, seems that a BA business class can use the JFK lounge
correct if you are flying business class with AA or with BA you can use the business class lounges.

both BA and AA will have separate check in for business class

at JFK AA and BA use different terminals, so its important to know exactly who operates your flight.
travelnewbie likes this.
Old Mar 11, 20, 8:09 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Regarding my question on separate check in, at many international airports (for e.g. BOM or Dubai) I was led to a completely separate area which had its own Check in and Security. So my question was around that-not just a separate queue for check in and security but just another area for the same.
Either way, seems that a BA business class can use the JFK lounge
I suggest the OP checks with the appropriate authorities on possible travel restrictions. Some info. here:

India essentially closing its borders for a month

Doc Copper
travelnewbie likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: