FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lounges, Security for BA Premium Economy customers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2012331-lounges-security-ba-premium-economy-customers.html)

travelnewbie Mar 10, 2020 10:58 pm

Lounges, Security for BA Premium Economy customers

Hi There,

I am traveling JFK-LHR-BOM this week by Premium class and have a couple of questions--
-Can I avail of the BA Lounge at JFK and LHR airports. At JFK I believe it is in Terminal 7 but is it only for First Class folks?
-Is there a separate check in and security available at JFK and if so, can you help with where it is at the airport?

Thanks all :)

DorsetKnob Mar 10, 2020 11:20 pm

What do you mean by premium class? BA has premium economy, club & first as premium classes above economy.

UKtravelbear Mar 10, 2020 11:34 pm

If you are flying in first on BA you can use the Concorde Room.

there is a separate first lounge for gold card and equivalent holders and first class passengers of the other one world airlines that use T7

and the club lounge if you are in Club World or have BA silver or equivalent

The BA check in area is to the left as you face the terminal and it is well sign posted.

But as it isn’t clear what cabin you are flying in or what status (if any) it’s hard to advise further.

travelnewbie Mar 10, 2020 11:38 pm

Thanks. It is Premium Economy

UKtravelbear Mar 10, 2020 11:41 pm

No lounge then unless you have status.

I think the Alaska Airlines lounge offers paid for entry via priority pass but it is restricted at busy times. Check the times on the priority pass website.

otherwise there are several cafes and bars to grab food and drink in departures.

kileysmom Mar 10, 2020 11:43 pm

Premium economy does not have lounge privileges as far as I know but, of course, you may have some access through status with an airline or a credit card or through a membership in an organisation that has airport lounges. Alaska Airlines does not have a lounge at any of your airports.

UKtravelbear Mar 11, 2020 12:00 am

Originally Posted by kileysmom (Post 32167664)
. Alaska Airlines does not have a lounge at any of your airports.

Alaska certainly does have a lounge in T7 at JFK

TheChangingMan Mar 11, 2020 1:42 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 32167691)
Alaska certainly does have a lounge in T7 at JFK

Yep, entrance is right next to the BA lounge

travelnewbie Mar 11, 2020 5:12 pm

Is there a sparate check in and security line for BA Business class at JFK (Our first flight is American Airlines with tie up with BA)

Infocustv Mar 11, 2020 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by travelnewbie (Post 32171047)
Is there a sparate check in and security line for BA Business class at JFK (Our first flight is American Airlines with tie up with BA)

So not clear with what you are asking. Are you flying AA or BA? If AA you need to check in at the AA desk. If your on A BA flight and booked in business then yes there's usually a separate business class check in desk.

UKtravelbear Mar 11, 2020 5:31 pm

It'd hard to advise properly as when you started you were flying in Premoum Economy (world traveller plus on BA) but now you are asking about business class (BA club world) check in and security.

Which airines and in which cabin are you actually flying on JFK-LHR?

travelnewbie Mar 11, 2020 7:29 pm

Good point, let me clarify. I am flying BA business from JFK to LHR to BOM. (I mistakenly thought it was premium economy). The first flight is on AA (which is BA partner).
Regarding my question on separate check in, at many international airports (for e.g. BOM or Dubai) I was led to a completely separate area which had its own Check in and Security. So my question was around that-not just a separate queue for check in and security but just another area for the same.
Either way, seems that a BA business class can use the JFK lounge

UKtravelbear Mar 11, 2020 7:38 pm

You really aren't helping yourself by giving confusing information

So the JFK to LHR leg is operated by AA - "The first flight is on AA" - ? or are you on the AA code share of a BA operated flight? Please give us the flight number and times.

If it is operated by AA you will be departing from Terminal 8.

scottishpoet Mar 11, 2020 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by travelnewbie (Post 32171525)
Good point, let me clarify. I am flying BA business from JFK to LHR to BOM. (I mistakenly thought it was premium economy). The first flight is on AA (which is BA partner).
Regarding my question on separate check in, at many international airports (for e.g. BOM or Dubai) I was led to a completely separate area which had its own Check in and Security. So my question was around that-not just a separate queue for check in and security but just another area for the same.Either way, seems that a BA business class can use the JFK lounge

correct if you are flying business class with AA or with BA you can use the business class lounges.

both BA and AA will have separate check in for business class

at JFK AA and BA use different terminals, so its important to know exactly who operates your flight.

DoctorCopper Mar 11, 2020 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by travelnewbie (Post 32171525)
Regarding my question on separate check in, at many international airports (for e.g. BOM or Dubai) I was led to a completely separate area which had its own Check in and Security. So my question was around that-not just a separate queue for check in and security but just another area for the same.
Either way, seems that a BA business class can use the JFK lounge

I suggest the OP checks with the appropriate authorities on possible travel restrictions. Some info. here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ers-month.html

Doc Copper