Household account changes

Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Household account changes

We have a household account and Mrs MARTINSWIN is head of household.

we moved house 4 years ago and we both updated our details. Our 2 children cannot update their details and despite several times trying to change the address slightly in Head of household account, their address details will not change. I have sent 2 emails to BA and received 2 slightly contradictory pieces of advice, neither which work. One says delete the kids from account, one says don’t do this!

If I delete them does it means I can’t add them back for 6 months? This is probably the easiest solution as we aren’t planning any redemption bookings this year but wasn’t sure if as minors they can’t have their own accounts without them being linked to a HH account?

We will all be silver in around 5 weeks time so would like to have all 4 silver cards in hand for our trip to Mallorca in Summer when we can guest our 4 friends into Palma lounge without a problem.

I think I might just try BA on Twitter as I think move quicker there than the 12 days its taken BA to respond to my query!
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:45 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
It sounds like you want to get the addresses changed quickly in order for the new silver cards to be posted out to the correct address so you have them in time for your trip. In reality you should be fine just using your boarding passes which will show the status of each individual for guesting purposes. Worse case you can show the silver status through each individual's app (assuming the children have devices)? If not you can log out of your account on your device and log in as each of the children to show their status in the app. I agree it makes sense to get it resolved but you should not have any problems with guesting if you don't have the physical cards to hand.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MARTINSWIN
We have a household account and Mrs MARTINSWIN is head of household.

we moved house 4 years ago and we both updated our details. Our 2 children cannot update their details and despite several times trying to change the address slightly in Head of household account, their address details will not change. I have sent 2 emails to BA and received 2 slightly contradictory pieces of advice, neither which work. One says delete the kids from account, one says don’t do this!

If I delete them does it means I can’t add them back for 6 months? This is probably the easiest solution as we aren’t planning any redemption bookings this year but wasn’t sure if as minors they can’t have their own accounts without them being linked to a HH account?

We will all be silver in around 5 weeks time so would like to have all 4 silver cards in hand for our trip to Mallorca in Summer when we can guest our 4 friends into Palma lounge without a problem.

I think I might just try BA on Twitter as I think move quicker there than the 12 days its taken BA to respond to my query!
Don't worry to much unless requested cards are no longer being sent out due once you become silver the app will update and as long as exec club number is in booking the status will appear on boarding pass anyway so will be able to guest people in. Best way to get address change is to call and speak to accounts team if it isn't changing online obviously I wouldn't advise calling at moment as lines are rather busy
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Only the head of the HHA can make changes like this so it would have to be your good lady who makes the changes in each of the kid's accounts via her account

Updating her address won't automatically filter down to the individual members BAEC accounts

how to update a postal address
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=UKtravelbear;32165927]Only the head of the HHA can make changes like this so it would have to be your good lady who makes the changes in each of the kid's accounts via her account

Updating her address won't automatically filter down to the individual members BAEC accounts

how to update a postal address [/QUOTE

That doesn’t work. The kids accounts addresses are not changeable online... there isn’t an option within their accounts to do it. We can only remove them from HH account which means their BAEC status would be cancelled along with all their Avios. According to one of the BA emails updating head of HH account should mean kids address changes too but it hasn’t.. one of them is only 5 so he wont have BP on the app!!

the only changes we can make to kids accounts is API info.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver
BA on Twitter have a good record of being responsive and accurate. Recommended.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fruitcage
BA on Twitter have a good record of being responsive and accurate. Recommended.
I’ve sent them a DM but as yet no reply.. I’ll probably wait till morning before tweeting them publicly

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.