Wiki Posts
Search

BA gold guest into AGP lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Gold
BA gold guest into AGP lounge

As a BA gold on a BA ticket in J operated by IB should I be able to get a guest into the AGP lounge? Guest is flying on one world (no lounge access as Y bronze)
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes indeed.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:10 am
Original Poster

I’m standing here now and she’s saying no! What do I say!
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes indeed.
she’s on direct BA and I’m IB (ba ticket) via Madrid...
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by muggle
I’m standing here now and she’s saying no! What do I say!
Tell her "No importa" and find a coffee shop instead? Can you deploy a Priority Pass card instead? (which is strictly speaking not going to help unless you guest as well as enter but you never know).

Here is Iberia's version of the rules.
https://www.iberia.com/gb/our-allian...yers-benefits/
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
And for completeness here is the oneworld page for AGP along with the access rules (which clearly state a guest on BA is allowed via your status)

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=AGP
muggle likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Amb, Hilton Diamond
You can also load up the oneworld.com page about Lounge Access Policy: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=AGP
Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.
muggle likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
I've guested a colleague into there on several occasions

Is that the Lounge across the walkway from burger King?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. Yes it’s very clear there on the one world link. Lounge agent made 2 calls to ‘Iberia’ (my operating airline) which twice denied access.

It’s clearly wrong and actually quite frustrating given my partner had wanted to work there for a couple of hours before her flight (as I slipped off to board my flight) but I guess at a third party lounge they possibly have less of a grasp of the rules. She did give the ‘access binder’ a bit of a thumb. But again came up with nada. Was pretty rude actually. I’ve had to board my flight now so sadly not able to enter ‘round 3’ with her.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fatdickie
I've guested a colleague into there on several occasions

Is that the Lounge across the walkway from burger King?
it’s the only one at AGP so must be...up one floor from the main concourse.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:01 am

If you wanted to pursue this further, you could ask the airport's management (they own the lounge) to enter in your complaint into el libro de reclamaciones. Many Spanish companies dread entries going into that due to the ensuing paperwork. On the other hand if Iberia said "no" then you're kind of stuck, it's the one institution that doesn't really mind if their libro gets a bit bulky.
muggle likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you wanted to pursue this further, you could ask the airport's management (they own the lounge) to enter in your complaint into el libro de reclamaciones. Many Spanish companies dread entries going into that due to the ensuing paperwork. On the other hand if Iberia said "no" then you're kind of stuck, it's the one institution that doesn't really mind if their libro gets a bit bulky.
Thank you CWS. Yes I’m minded to. Not least in the quest for people to actually know how to do their jobs properly. I am tempted to mention it at MAD to an Iberia manager here but frankly I think I’ll pick it up when with AGP management and IB when I’m home and enjoy the rest of my journey now x
LiHS likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold
you could have also paid Euro 33 and tried to claim it back later?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:19 pm

Always annoying when legitimate entry is being denied by ignorant lounge dragons, plus surely it's an unpleasant / embarrassing / stressful experience in front of your guest as you spend time to educate / challenge them. I hope when you complain about this you specifically call out the person by name (I've done so in the past) if only (as you said) "for people to actually know how to do their jobs properly". Otherwise the message may not find its way down to the actual person concerned.
muggle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.