Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying with a ESA (Dog) LHR-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:37 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Posted this before but on one AF CDG-EZE flight we flew behind an elderly couple in economy. The cabin crew regularly came to check on them which I thought was strange. It wasn't until we disembarked at EZE I saw they had a small dog in a pet carrier beside them on the floor. So weI spent 13 hours just a few feet away from a dog which we didn't know was there.
Imnot surprised. The French are even dafter about their dogs than the British. What’s more they allow them into restaurants. Quite extraordinary.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by T8191
It has to be said that the USA has it's own [and often idiosyncratic] perspectives on these subjects.

I'll avoid throwing any personal perspectives into the discussion.

Look at the facilities in the Terminal corridors at PHL ...

They have a similar station at SJC. I'm glad I don't have to take my dog on board... it's hard enough organizing myself to get there.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Imnot surprised. The French are even dafter about their dogs than the British. What’s more they allow them into restaurants. Quite extraordinary.
As do the Germans. Fortunately, the dogs are better behaved than their children, generally.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
They do here in Cornwall too. My Labrador often dines out.
He flies in the cabin too. Isles of Scilly skybus have a dog box in the rear of the cabin. I board first with him and sit next to him on the twin otter. 25 mins flight and he can see me and hear me. Big problem is we must be last off. As its only a 19 seater the wait is quite short.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:12 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Originally Posted by babats
Plural of roof is rooves - at least it was when I went to school
"Roofs" is the plural of roof in all varieties of English. Rooves is an old secondary form, and it still appears occasionally by analogy with other irregular plurals such as hooves, but it is not common enough to be considered standard.

So when did you go to school?
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by lloydah
"Roofs" is the plural of roof in all varieties of English. Rooves is an old secondary form, and it still appears occasionally by analogy with other irregular plurals such as hooves, but it is not common enough to be considered standard.

Not long after Uncle T
HIDDY, T8191 and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lloydah

A very long time ago. And my English teacher was a lot older than me.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rapidex
Not long after Uncle T
That old?
T8191, wrp96 and rapidex like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Gaz1a
...the dog is supposedly allowed into the lounge (that's probably going to piss off a lot of you on here haha).
I’ll be taking my triple buggy into the lounge next month. I think that will raise more eyebrows.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a somewhat sleepy black Labrador snoozing in Flounge LGW right now. So they are allowed in.
HIDDY, T8191 and rapidex like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is a somewhat sleepy black Labrador snoozing in Flounge LGW right now. So they are allowed in.
Pics or it didn’t happen. A sleepy Lab in the vicinity of food?
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Finkface
Pics or it didn’t happen. A sleepy Lab in the vicinity of food?
I am letting sleeping dogs lie. I only noticed as I was leaving for my flight and unfortunately said Lab isn't going to AMS.
HIDDY, wrp96 and gustavmahler like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I am letting sleeping dogs lie. I only noticed as I was leaving for my flight and unfortunately said Lab isn't going to AMS.
Too bad. I was just hoping for a cute pooch pic.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Finkface
Too bad. I was just hoping for a cute pooch pic.
Will one of our Pepe do?

Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Will one of our Pepe do?
Most definitely! What a cutie. You should head over to the Post a Picture of Your Pets thread. My Golden Retriever has made more than one appearance.
HIDDY, wrp96 and EDIwanderer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.